PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Didn't Record 'Missing?'

morjana
November 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thankfully, I always watch the 10pm and the Midnight broadcasts LIVE. I also TiVO the episodes to save them for viewing again (and again...). I use the season pass feature on TiVO to record my episodes.

However, thisi past Friday with "Missing," TiVO apparently got confused, and didn't record the episode, but is scheduled to record the repeat NEXT Friday (apparently thanks to SciFi Channel's recent rescheduling to add the repeats to SciFi Friday).

Did anyone else experience this problem with their TiVO/DVR?

And are all the problems this season with leaked episodes on the net, the wrong episodes available on iTunes (too soon), and now this...a Goa'uld conspiracy?

Morjana

Ruffles
November 11th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Thankfully, I always watch the 10pm and the Midnight broadcasts LIVE. I also TiVO the episodes to save them for viewing again (and again...). I use the season pass feature on TiVO to record my episodes.

However, thisi past Friday with "Missing," TiVO apparently got confused, and didn't record the episode, but is scheduled to record the repeat NEXT Friday (apparently thanks to SciFi Channel's recent rescheduling to add the repeats to SciFi Friday).

And are all the problems this season with leaked episodes on the net, the wrong episodes available on iTunes (too soon), and now this...a Goa'uld conspiracy?

Morjana

My Tivo (through DirecTV) recorded Missing just fine.

Briangate78
November 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Morjana

Do you think maybe because of the 9pm reair showing Tivo could of gotten confused?

morjana
November 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
My Tivo (through DirecTV) recorded Missing just fine.

Alas and alack, I have Comcast.
I wish for DirecTV
But the purse is stuck close fast
Perhaps for the future me
I can watch TV in quality that will last
So pray for a long life for DirecTV

Morjana

jelgate
November 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or download the episode online.

Mitchell82
November 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Do you think maybe because of the 9pm reair showing Tivo could of gotten confused?

Only if he didn't tell it which one to record.

Homeslice55
November 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I have comcast and it started recording late. The show started for me after the opening credits. So, I missed the whole lollipop bit explanation and got confused when the Bolas had them...

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I have comcast and it started recording late. The show started for me after the opening credits. So, I missed the whole lollipop bit explanation and got confused when the Bolas had them...

Hmm. The new timelsot (ie the two SGA showings) could confuse things.

CalmStorm
November 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or ...

I wouldn't say that I have become too dependent on DVR, it's just a modern convenience that allows me to stay tuned into a series if I like. It's either DVR or I'll simply miss the episodes, either way will work. I won't make a schedule around tv programming.

prion
November 15th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Maybe you guys and girls have gotten to dependant on TiVO/DVR. I don't have that option. When I want to watch Stargate, I have to watch it live, see it when SciFI shows in reruns, or download the episode online.

If i know I'm not going to be there for a certain time, I'll set to record several minutes before and after a show I like, just in case something is delayed. But I normally watch SGA live. That way I know if if recorded or not, because sometmes cable drops out and I want the option to set for the midnight showing in that event.

So if you watch live, there shouldn't be a problem with 'does the machine record or not' as you'd be there to notice ;)

jelgate
November 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM
If i know I'm not going to be there for a certain time, I'll set to record several minutes before and after a show I like, just in case something is delayed. But I normally watch SGA live. That way I know if if recorded or not, because sometmes cable drops out and I want the option to set for the midnight showing in that event.So if you watch live, there shouldn't be a problem with 'does the machine record or not' as you'd be there to notice ;)WOW! We actually agree on something.I just might have to green you. It is benefical to have technolgy for a convience, but there comes a point were you can't rely on it

Mitchell82
November 15th, 2007, 07:03 PM
WOW! We actually agree on something.I just might have to green you. It is benefical to have technolgy for a convience, but there comes a point were you can't rely on it

I do the same thing.

blingaway
November 16th, 2007, 05:17 PM
My tivo didn't want to catch Missing and tonight's ep didn't get on the to do list either. I had to add each one manually. Glad to know it's not just me but I'm still having a big ole headscratchin' wtf...