This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myst: Revelation (& Myst Series) Thread

I just got my copy of Myst: Revelation today and was wondering if anyone else has the game. I'd love to discuss it with other Myst gurus.

I haven't got Relevation, yet. Maybe I'll put it on my Xmas List. Have some other things to buy first, like S7 DVD. I have played the other Myst games but not for a long time, even Uru. I like it better when it was online, Uru that is.
    Last edited by greytop; 06 October 2004, 07:34 PM. Reason: change a word

Comment

Thank God, greytop. Someone else actually plays these games.

Please let me know when you play Revelation. For once I'd like a buddy to yap with about these compelling games.

Comment

This is the type of games I like to play. And I sure will let you know when I play it.

Comment

I have to get through the first three games first.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            I just got my copy of Myst: Revelation today and was wondering if anyone else has the game. I'd love to discuss it with other Myst gurus.
            I plan to get it eventually. Is it the 4th or 5th game?

Comment

Technically? Number 4 in the series. Actually the box says Myst IV: Revelation, but there was apparently a tangent series called Uru for a while that was on-line based and got closed for some reason, may have been unpopular, as the majority of myst loyalists thought the new design stole a large chunk of what made Myst... Myst. I played "Exile" (#3) and then fell out of the loop until two months ago when I decided to search for intel on the fourth chapter, and was DELIGHTED to learn it was months away from completion. Now, here I am. The clarity of the 3d space is breathtaking, and Yeesha is just as great as Atrus, Catherine, Sirrus and Achenar.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I have to get through the first three games first.
              Have you received the package yet?

Comment

Have you received the package yet?
                No, and that grin worries me a bit. Believe me, David, when I get your package you'll be the first to hear about it.

Comment

There is a Myst: Revelation Demo you can download from the Mystworld site.

http://www.mystworlds.com/us/

Comment

Yes, it's especially good for demoing the game against the compatibilities of your machine. My graphics card is outdated but I'm still able to play while my computer "limps" with some of the graphics. Sirrus' prison world is very unusual. It's a great rock finger out of fog, and the fog is beautiful, but it's taken "square chunks" out of the rock in a lot of places and replaced it with the fog because of the outdated card. A lot of the beautiful lights should have a circular sunbeam when you stare right into them, and many do, but others have, again, square blocks.

Comment

Just downloaded the demo and played with it for a few minute. That hand is a weird cursor. I would have to get use to that.

Comment

I can't believe I haven't heard anything about Myst IV being released. I love the Myst series a lot. I've played the first three and I've read the books of Atrus, Ti'ana, and D'ni. I never played Uru though. I liked the idea, but I just never got into it enough to buy the game. What's the basic premise of Revelation?

EDIT: You know you've got SG-1 on the brain when you automatically add an "s" without thinking to the end of Revelation.
                        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

lol. Get it ASAP so we can discuss it! I'm already looking around the environments before I start doing things drastic, taking pictures and copius notes. Something big happened, it's now nightfall on Tomahna, and the game is shaping to be something really cool.

Comment

I'm already looking around the environments before I start doing things drastic, taking pictures and copius notes.
                            Notes?? You have to take notes in this game?! And pictures?? Exactly what are you trying to get me into here, David?? From the sound of it, this isn't exactly going to help me get a life. Might distract me from Gateworld, though. Hmm... *eyes David suspiciously*

Nah. I've been meaning to check out Myst since it first came out. I just keep forgetting...

Comment

I am!!!!! I'm playing!!!!

I've done all the other mysts except Riven which bored me after a while, and I couldn't get back into it because of the lack of 360 vision I got used to after playing Exile for a while. I did like them though, Exile was amazing with the 360 view and level of interactivity. This game pushes it to the limits.

The graphics are seamless and the intertwining of live action and CG environments is absolutely incredible. I'm quite far in (I think!) now and am really loving it. There is loads of depth to the game its amazing. Yeesha is too cool oh and the photograph idea in the game is sooo useful, I take photos of loads of stuff now and some of the photos come in really handy.

The music is great, I want to go and play it again now!

Comment

Working...
                              X