PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Doci

Gabriel_Lecter
November 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM
It has been comfirmed that Julian Sands will be reprising his role as the Doci.
Can't wait. His first appearance gave me shivers!

:docianime09:

the fifth man
November 11th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, it will be nice to see him again. He did a great job in Season 9's "Origin". It is a shame it's been so long since we've seen the Doci.

wise one
November 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, it will be nice to see him again. He did a great job in Season 9's "Origin". It is a shame it's been so long since we've seen the Doci.

well his been busy commanding the army of the ori and looking at fire...its a exciting job!!!!

kirmit
November 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I'm really glad he's back, imo he was a better 'Face to the Ori' than Adria. She was a good villain but too human and was swayed at times, the doci you couldn't reason with and played the role great.

Jumper_One
November 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I'm really glad he's back, imo he was a better 'Face to the Ori' than Adria. She was a good villain but too human and was swayed at times, the doci you couldn't reason with and played the role great.

I don't know about that but I liked the Doci too, it's good to know we'll see more of him

kirmit
November 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know about that but I liked the Doci too, it's good to know we'll see more of him

Don't get me wrong, child Adria was dead good, especially the second incarnation, in 'The quest' she kind of lost that alien appeal, the creepiness that made the Doci so good.

the fifth man
November 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, child Adria was dead good, especially the second incarnation, in 'The quest' she kind of lost that alien appeal, the creepiness that made the Doci so good.

I thought she was very good in "The Quest, Part 2". A very effective villain. But the Doci is something else entirely. I really look forward to seeing him again.

garhkal
November 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I would also like to see that one prior who gathered Vala and Daniel and took them to meet the doci..

the fifth man
November 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I would also like to see that one prior who gathered Vala and Daniel and took them to meet the doci..

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Maybe in Celestis.

ha'tak_
November 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
does the doci have the same power as adria, it will be great to have im back, it will be hard to win him
i read some wear that adria will olso be in that movie
this movie will be great

kirmit
November 15th, 2007, 10:27 AM

My favourite prior, I wish he had been recurring...

garhkal
November 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Very true..

the fifth man
November 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM

He was good. Right up there with that Administrator turned Prior we've seen so much of.

Beckmen
November 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
I have always been disappointed that the Doci was only in that one episode (other than archival footage). He was a cool character, and would have made for a good 'face/voice of the Ori'. Better than Adria, IMO.

Calhoun
November 21st, 2007, 11:29 AM
Well, some fans seem to prefer the Doci as "the face of the Ori", while others (myself included) preferred Adria. It's a good thing this movie is going to feature both of them, then, isn't it?! The best of both worlds.

SaberBlade
November 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm glad the Doci is back

He is the true face of the Orii along with the Priors. Adria is the poster, the cherry on top to make it look interesting and appealing. Doci on the other hand, he's the badass who ordered the creation of the ships and the army to cleanse this galaxy.

He's what I would call the true face, and it's good to have him back.

wkw427
November 21st, 2007, 11:57 AM
He is the face. The puppet. He is so deeply mindwashed, and such an important apwn he doesn't even know what he is.

+ the fire

marty2006
November 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
He is the face. The puppet. He is so deeply mindwashed, and such an important apwn he doesn't even know what he is.

+ the fire

Lol hmm confusing but yea im looking forward to his return and the ark of truth.

kirmit
November 21st, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'm glad the Doci is back

He is the true face of the Orii along with the Priors. Adria is the poster, the cherry on top to make it look interesting and appealing. Doci on the other hand, he's the badass who ordered the creation of the ships and the army to cleanse this galaxy.

He's what I would call the true face, and it's good to have him back.

Great way to describe it, that's entirely how I feel.

the fifth man
November 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM

I'd totally have to agree with that too.:)

Fenrir Foxz
November 21st, 2007, 07:42 PM

I agree..
Though like Vala said " if she turns out anything like her mother Origin will seem more apealing to men of this galaxy".. mybe that was the basis for Adria looking human (easier to relate to)...

I wonder how big a part the Doci will appear as... the whole "ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars" speach really defined Doci as a leader under the Ori...

the fifth man
November 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
I agree..
Though like Vala said " if she turns out anything like her mother Origin will seem more apealing to men of this galaxy".. mybe that was the basis for Adria looking human (easier to relate to)...

I wonder how big a part the Doci will appear as... the whole "ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars" speach really defined Doci as a leader under the Ori...

Personally, I'm hoping the Doci plays a decent sized role in this movie.

Fenrir Foxz
November 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
Personally, I'm hoping the Doci plays a decent sized role in this movie.

Yeah thats what I was getting at... not sure how he would do it though but as a leader to the Ori followers I hope he makes a good appearance.

Aryk Celestis
November 21st, 2007, 10:55 PM

Indeed. :)

I'm real glad the Doci's back... It's okay for some characters to stay behind the scenes for a while, but it was kind of disappointing that he wasn't there at all in Season 10. I guess the writers wanted more focus on Adria, but whatever.

I've always wondered whether the Doci is just a 'leader-Prior' or if he's actually more powerful than the others...:S

Fenrir Foxz
November 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Indeed. :)

I'm real glad the Doci's back... It's okay for some characters to stay behind the scenes for a while, but it was kind of disappointing that he wasn't there at all in Season 10. I guess the writers wanted more focus on Adria, but whatever.

I've always wondered whether the Doci is just a 'leader-Prior' or if he's actually more powerful than the others...:S

Hopefully this will be revealed it the film... I'd say he's bothed head-prior and voice of the Ori... like when he became possessed by the ori to convey communication to Jackson.

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Hopefully this will be revealed it the film... I'd say he's bothed head-prior and voice of the Ori... like when he became possessed by the ori to convey communication to Jackson.

I'm hoping that it'll be revealed in Ark of Truth. I would love to see the Doci actually involved in some action against us too.

kirmit
November 23rd, 2007, 06:03 AM
I'm hoping that it'll be revealed in Ark of Truth. I would love to see the Doci actually involved in some action against us too.

What I'd like to see is a Doci-Orici battle. Say Adria is finally swayed to our side, now the doci has to take care of her, I know she's ascended but what if the doci is possessed by one of the Ori, I think it would be a great battle.

Aryk Celestis
November 23rd, 2007, 06:32 AM
What I'd like to see is a Doci-Orici battle. Say Adria is finally swayed to our side, now the doci has to take care of her, I know she's ascended but what if the doci is possessed by one of the Ori, I think it would be a great battle.

Dude, Ascended Adria VS Ori-possessed Doci would be frickin' awesome.

garhkal
November 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
That it would... though i might give the match more towards adria since she has seemed to have more use of her powers..

kirmit
November 23rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
That it would... though i might give the match more towards adria since she has seemed to have more use of her powers..

True but my suggestion is the doci with an Ori inside of him probably amplifying his powers, adding new powers and being able to use those powers better than the doci alone could, I think it would even it out.

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
True but my suggestion is the doci with an Ori inside of him probably amplifying his powers, adding new powers and being able to use those powers better than the doci alone could, I think it would even it out.

That would be something to see. Definitely not an easy fight to call. I don't know though - I just don't see Adria turning on the Ori.

kirmit
November 24th, 2007, 03:51 AM
That would be something to see. Definitely not an easy fight to call. I don't know though - I just don't see Adria turning on the Ori.

I definately see it happening, before she was just the like priors, she didn't know the whole score, now she's ascended she should know everything and so turn against the Ori for lying to her and their followers.

Aryk Celestis
November 24th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I definately see it happening, before she was just the like priors, she didn't know the whole score, now she's ascended she should know everything and so turn against the Ori for lying to her and their followers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! As much as an Adria/Doci-showdown would be awesome, the idea of Adria turning against the Ori didn't seem realistic to me at first. But with all the knowledge that everyone gains when they ascend, it would make perfect sense.

g.o.d
November 24th, 2007, 05:49 AM

I believe she knew the truth from the beginning. Do you remember "Shroud" when she was talking about Origin?

SaberBlade
November 24th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I believe she knew the truth from the beginning. Do you remember "Shroud" when she was talking about Origin?

But in 'Flesh and Blood' the young Adria was talking about how the Ancients were absorbing power, were the ones who striked first against the Orii and how they were also the ones lying about everything.

So it doesn't really mean she knows the truth, just that she believes what the Orii have programmed her to believe. In 'The Shroud' she had to use some form of mind control to make Daniel believe what she was telling him. So It's like she doesn't know the truth, and will manipulate peope into believing her truth just like how they manipulate people to worship the Orii.

Major_Griff
November 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM
"She's not merely complicit like the Priors, she knows the score." -Vala in "Flesh and Blood" about Adria. I think Adria already knew everything there was to know, ascending would not chance anything in terms of her devotion to Origin.

kirmit
November 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM
"She's not merely complicit like the Priors, she knows the score." -Vala in "Flesh and Blood" about Adria. I think Adria already knew everything there was to know, ascending would not chance anything in terms of her devotion to Origin.

I'm sorry but in this case Vala was wrong based on the conversation we saw. Adria said the Ancients were the ones gaining power, the Ori do ascend their followers, that the Ori needed the power to protect them, how Vala got that Adria knows the truth from this I'll never know. Adria continued to preach this throughout the whole season, even in secrecy with someone she had the hots for. From what was actually shown she did not know the truth, she didn't know the Ori don't ascend their followers and so would be angry at them for lying.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM
If she does end up turning on the Ori, that'll definitely be something to see.

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 12:15 AM
If she does end up turning on the Ori, that'll definitely be something to see.

I'd definately like to see that...

SaberBlade
November 25th, 2007, 04:03 AM
I can't see Adria turning against the Orii.

If the Orii survived Merlin's device, then Adria's programming should still be in effect when she ascended. She could still believe that the Orii ascended their followers and all that crap and would be fiercly loyal to them and wouldn't go against them, but try to continue their goals.

If they are dead, then she's a major threat. She believes the Orii ascended their followers and since they are dead, she's no clue it's not true. She could start ascended her own followers and actually start creating an ascended army. The Doci wouldn't even know the truth so he'd probably be at the front of the line preaching to everyone about ascension and how Adria does it. I think that makes he a bigger threat and a more interesting one

kirmit
November 25th, 2007, 04:13 AM
I can't see Adria turning against the Orii.

If the Orii survived Merlin's device, then Adria's programming should still be in effect when she ascended. She could still believe that the Orii ascended their followers and all that crap and would be fiercly loyal to them and wouldn't go against them, but try to continue their goals.

If they are dead, then she's a major threat. She believes the Orii ascended their followers and since they are dead, she's no clue it's not true. She could start ascended her own followers and actually start creating an ascended army. The Doci wouldn't even know the truth so he'd probably be at the front of the line preaching to everyone about ascension and how Adria does it. I think that makes he a bigger threat and a more interesting one

I don't see how her programming would still be in effect when that was done in her head.....which she doesn't have anymore lol. I'm pretty sure once she ascended she'd know the truth about the Ori, if not from finding out on her own then definately from the ancients (she did ascend in the milkyway). Now she's ascended she should know the whole score, who knows maybe she'll still hate the ancients but imo it's more likely sh'd turn against the Ori.

SaberBlade
November 25th, 2007, 04:47 AM
She may not have a head, but her thoughts, her consciousness, her knowledge and her memories would all be intact. These would all still be Pro-Orii and if their programming of her mind is over, that's all she knows and I can't see her being easily swayed to the Pro-Ancient side.

Since ascension doesn't make one all knowing, I can't see her listening to the Ancients even though she falls under their jurisdiction. I can't see them letting her return to the Orii because she could descend and start all over again, and being forced to descend by the Ancients wouldn't help at all because it's just more proof that the Orii can ascend their followers and she'd be proof because she'd have done it.

kirmit
November 25th, 2007, 07:13 AM
She may not have a head, but her thoughts, her consciousness, her knowledge and her memories would all be intact. These would all still be Pro-Orii and if their programming of her mind is over, that's all she knows and I can't see her being easily swayed to the Pro-Ancient side.

Since ascension doesn't make one all knowing, I can't see her listening to the Ancients even though she falls under their jurisdiction. I can't see them letting her return to the Orii because she could descend and start all over again, and being forced to descend by the Ancients wouldn't help at all because it's just more proof that the Orii can ascend their followers and she'd be proof because she'd have done it.

Ascension does give you access to the knowledge of the universe though and a greater understanding. Adria had doubts about the Ori while she was on our plain, now she has access to more information and the truth behind the Ori it could definately sway her against them.

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Ascension does give you access to the knowledge of the universe though and a greater understanding. Adria had doubts about the Ori while she was on our plain, now she has access to more information and the truth behind the Ori it could definately sway her against them.

Yeah I agree...

SaberBlade
November 25th, 2007, 09:14 AM

Jackson said that ascension doesn't make you all knowing so if all the proof was there for her to learn, if she's not willing to accept it or even learn the truth then nothing will change. She's been programmed to believe in the bogus Orii doctrine but ascension doesn't mean that she'll instantly come to terms with her wicked ways and learn how nice and kind the Ancients are are.

I also don't remember Adria ever having doubts about the Orii.

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Jackson said that ascension doesn't make you all knowing so if all the proof was there for her to learn, if she's not willing to accept it or even learn the truth then nothing will change. She's been programmed to believe in the bogus Orii doctrine but ascension doesn't mean that she'll instantly come to terms with her wicked ways and learn how nice and kind the Ancients are are.

I also don't remember Adria ever having doubts about the Orii.

I don't think of the ancients as nice or kind, no-doubt you've seen the epp "Threads" where the acended were punishing Oma... personally I have a problem as to how they were punishing her...

To be honest I don't remember Adria having doubts either... I have a nagging feeling that Adria is more in the know that the Priors who are basically drones twisting the doctrine of Origins to fit the Ori's will, where as Adria knows the score (at least quite abit more that anyone else under the Ori)... who's to say that Adria is completely with the Ori in their way of thinking?

If she did get a larger view of what was really the difference between the Alterans and the Ori while ascended and she wasn't fully complicite with the Ori, There is the possibility that she would turn against them.

kirmit
November 25th, 2007, 10:42 AM
You could see in the talks with Vala her struggling and trying to find reason alas doubts, if you can't find answers you're bound to doubt just like Tomin did.

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM
You could see in the talks with Vala her struggling and trying to find reason alas doubts, if you can't find answers you're bound to doubt just like Tomin did.

yeah I see your point but you're assuming that Adria is not in the know and just like the Priors, She is droned with the propaganda that they spout...
What if she does know the full score and is entirely complicite with the Ori's plans... She was implanted with as much of the Ori's knowledge as her human brain could handle and when your raised with a certain point of view you not only tend to adopt it but cling to that perception with an unwavering belief that it cannot be wrong... Tomin was a reletively easy turncoat compared to what it would take to turn Adria, plus the fact that Tomin's humanity played a big part in his questioning the actions of the Ori... the only humanity I see in Adria is in her relationship with her Mother...
And on that note if Adria can be turned Vala maybe the only one to achieve it...

kirmit
November 25th, 2007, 12:30 PM
yeah I see your point but you're assuming that Adria is not in the know and just like the Priors, She is droned with the propaganda that they spout...
What if she does know the full score and is entirely complicite with the Ori's plans... She was implanted with as much of the Ori's knowledge as her human brain could handle and when your raised with a certain point of view you not only tend to adopt it but cling to that perception with an unwavering belief that it cannot be wrong... Tomin was a reletively easy turncoat compared to what it would take to turn Adria, plus the fact that Tomin's humanity played a big part in his questioning the actions of the Ori... the only humanity I see in Adria is in her relationship with her Mother...
And on that note if Adria can be turned Vala maybe the only one to achieve it...

Based on what was shown she didn't know the whole score only Vala's statement contradicted that which like I said I don't know how she came to that conclusion based on the conversation we saw.

Fenrir Foxz
November 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Based on what was shown she didn't know the whole score only Vala's statement contradicted that which like I said I don't know how she came to that conclusion based on the conversation we saw.

yeah well either way a spoiler I came across on another thread mentions a confrontation between Adria and Morgan Lefay so it's safe to assume that even if Adria has doubts she's still packin' for the Ori...

although I do see where your coming from and with Vala's unwavering belief in the Ancients Adria must have been at least a bit shaken in not being able thus far to convert her mother.

g.o.d
November 26th, 2007, 07:14 AM

when did she have doubts about the Ori? I think in the Flesh and Blood she was lying because she wanted to get Vala on her side. She knows everything about them, she was simply lying in the Flesh and Blood

Sauron18
November 26th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Indeed, Adria never showed doubts about the Ori plan, and she's always known the full extent of it.

SaberBlade
November 26th, 2007, 02:49 PM
For those who've not seen it, the Doci in 'Ark of Truth'.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6422/aot133kf0.png
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8996/aot138rc2.png

There is just something about how he looks. The hair is different so he looks all scruffy looking. It's like the Orii were killed and he's just had a breakdown and just stopped caring about how he looked. That said, his line in the trailer was the best part.

DarkSullivan
November 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
It has been comfirmed that Julian Sands will be reprising his role as the Doci.
Can't wait. His first appearance gave me shivers!

:docianime09:
I cant wait either.

Fenrir Foxz
November 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
For those who've not seen it, the Doci in 'Ark of Truth'.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6422/aot133kf0.png
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8996/aot138rc2.png

There is just something about how he looks. The hair is different so he looks all scruffy looking. It's like the Orii were killed and he's just had a breakdown and just stopped caring about how he looked. That said, his line in the trailer was the best part.

Thanks for putting these links up:cameron:

the fifth man
November 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Indeed, Adria never showed doubts about the Ori plan, and she's always known the full extent of it.

That's what I've always thought too. She was just trying to bring her mother into the fold.

Fenrir Foxz
November 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
That's what I've always thought too. She was just trying to bring her mother into the fold.

That's the conclusion I reached...

the fifth man
November 26th, 2007, 07:07 PM
That's the conclusion I reached...

And it was so wrong too. That sweet-looking little girl spouting all those lies in order to bring her mother over to her side. Adria is, after all, the closest thing to an Ori in the flesh(well, not flesh anymore;)).