• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Costume Designer Here for you StarGate Atlantis costume needs

Hey Everyone,
    My name is Michael, I am New here.
    But I am Costume designer.
    I sew and design Everything.
    I am Fan of the show. so you know its just not some random online costume maker who has never seen the show.
    I study every Image and or episode. and i work all the patterns/designs/fabrics myself. blahblah.
    Anyways.
    Im pretty detailed and i don't skimp on anything.
    I don't really know what you guys are use to (costume and quality wise) but I am shocked at how Not great Online sites make costumes. There not even accurate from my point of view.
    altho they are cheap to buy... but then they are cheaply made.
    Anyways,
    I have worked on scifi films as a designer. I got the jobs actually from replicating costumes from a tv show. and the director from those shows met me at a convention and hired me.
    The only reason i don't work on more shows is because I am not union, Therefore i am allowed to make professional costumes. yay to us!

I don't have any examples of Stargate costumes But im assuming everyone will want prototype first, So i plan on making one sometime this comming week, But please If anyone is interested. E Mail me, I can usually finish a fully finished jacket in about a day or 2, Unless i have other orders.
    But yeah, My email is
    [email protected]
    I look forward to hearing from you guys.

I dont know if there is already a designer on the forums and i don't mean to step on anyones toes, But hey what would the world be without choices.
    Thanks everyone.
    -M

Bless You!

I have looked everywhere for costumes. I would like to see a prototype. Not that I don't have TOO much money to spare, but I would be interested...
    sigpic

Comment

Hey no problem, I'm working on a jacket for myself today, Just because i havent made a non costume for myself in a long time. and today felt like a good day,
      I will start working on a prototype of a SG Alantis season 4 uniform in the next few days, Also, If anyone has any closeup highquality shots of there jackets that would be a great help with tiny details. i may possibly miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoebasket View Post
        Also, If anyone has any closeup highquality shots of there jackets that would be a great help with tiny details. i may possibly miss.
        This website has links to some high resolution Atlantis season 4 promo pics.

Hope these help. Good luck with the jacket prototype!
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

WOW thank you!

Comment

Hey Shoe Basket, I work with Leather, Armor, Corsrets, and other products. I would love to get in contact with you. Maybe we can do an exchange. I am looking for some of the outfits Baal wears.
            I dont have any xp in clothing pattern design ect. I do have an industrial sewing machine and I sew Garment leather but I have yet to get into actually making leather garment clothing.
            I specialize in armor, corsets, bracers, greeves, ect. my web site is www.darkdreamsleather.com it hasnt been updated since Dec 2006 my new stuff is on my myspace page darkdreamsleather
            Let me know if you are interested in colaborating.
            Oh by the way I also just started doing Lapidary work and soon I will be getting into jewelry, so I can re-create jewelry soon, I have plans on doing a proto-type hand device. I work part time at
            www.swordandstone.com (non-union) on various movie projects so I have access to a blacksmiths shop.
            Where are you located? I am in Southern Calif about 30 min from Hollywood.

Comment

Studio city soon van nuys, I sent you a pm with my email!

Comment

i have been looking for someone who is either selling or could make a few costumes from sg atlantis, would you be able to help me shoe basket?

Comment

Would you be able to make some 1/6th scale costumes ???

Weve been trying to get some momentum going on headsculpts for Rodney and Beckett and this might get the ball rolling more !

Id love to stick Sheppard in a set of SGA blues even if Rodders and Beckett dont get off the ground !

Im waiting on the narrow shouldered truetype to be released and then its body swap time for him also

Comment

Hay ya.
                    do you know what kind of sunglasses sheppard wears? i think they are the later square aviator ?

Comment

i am working on getting an ancient uniform from stargate atlantis made.

Comment

I would be very interested in purchasing an Atlantis Season 4/5 jacket.

Comment

WOW! I was looking for a Jacket/costume for Halloween!
                          sigpic

Comment

Can you do anything like this clothing?

I really like what Niam is wearing.
                            We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                            —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                            —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Working...
                            X