PDA

View Full Version : The Bola Kai

Niteshadow
November 10th, 2007, 06:22 AM
did anyone else pick up on the serenity,jaffa similarities .

the bola kai have tribal markings on there foreheads to tell which tribe there come from. the jaffa have markings on there foreheads to show what god there serve. also not to mention there carry weapon.

there are also cannibals and primitive in appearance similar to the Reaver from the firefly verse. :)

rarocks24
November 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Given that Teyla has never met the Bola'kai, cannibalism is an assumption. Given how much the dude took offense to the claim of being in service to the Wraith, a species that feeds off humans in order to survive, I think they might not be.

The Bola'kai were like one race and one race only....the Klingons.

g.o.d
November 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
finally!!! another interesting race after the Wraith

Lord batchi ball
November 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Yes it is interesting, I am pretty sure that they are cannibals, I would assume that was what the stories were about.

It would be funny to see the team dressed up as the Bola'kai. IDK for what reason but it would be funny.

Shan Bruce Lee
November 10th, 2007, 11:46 AM
they did kinda seem like Reavers at first but after the guy started talking to them the feeling faded. As far as a Jaffa comparison I don't see it. (I didn't notice the tribal marks on their foreheads either.)

SaberBlade
November 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
When I first saw them and heard about them, I couldn't stop thinking Reavers, however they weren't as savage (from what we saw) so I was a bit disappointed in the fact Teyla feared them and could kick a lot of their asses until outnumbers but they still didn't seem all that bad.

I did like them and look forward to them reappearing some point in the future

Avenger
November 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Teyla was able to fight them as she did because she's a skilled fighter. The Bola'kai were not nearly as technically sound with they way they fought. They appear to rely on intimidation more than they do any kind of skill.

And never forget the fact that Teyla is one of the main characters on the show. :p

s09119
November 10th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I just wanna know where they got those lollipops...

MartianManhunter
November 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
^Keller brought them and they found them when they went through her stuff.

gange57
November 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I just wanna know where they got those lollipops...

Keller brought them.

garhkal
November 10th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Given that Teyla has never met the Bola'kai, cannibalism is an assumption. Given how much the dude took offense to the claim of being in service to the Wraith, a species that feeds off humans in order to survive, I think they might not be.

I disagree. IT did seem like Teyla was certain they were canibals..

AS to the lollypops, i would love to know how they knew they were food?

Falcon Horus
November 10th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Reavers was the only thing they reminded me of. And that second big fight between Teyla and these guys, reminded me of River vs the Reavers in Serenity. Small difference, River won, Teyla didn't.

Lord batchi ball
November 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Reavers was the only thing they reminded me of. And that second big fight between Teyla and these guys, reminded me of River vs the Reavers in Serenity. Small difference, River won, Teyla didn't.

What are Reavers?

and, the Bola'Kai remind me of Saxons, mainly in thier Dress and weapons, mainly battle axes.

WingedPegasus
November 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
What are Reavers?

and, the Bola'Kai remind me of Saxons, mainly in thier Dress and weapons, mainly battle axes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaver_(Firefly)

kirmit
November 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Nothing at all like the jaffa imo but yeah did seem Reaver like until they spoke.

DeRoest
November 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I think its cool to have a potential enemy that isnt technologically advanced. if you think of, you dont need futuristic society to use the stargates. I think this is probably the most realistic "race" we've seen so far in the entire Stargate franchise. "vikings" that raid via the stargate

Elitenova
November 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Was that Ricardo Sanchez as the Bola Kai leader?

Rocksy
November 10th, 2007, 03:42 PM
It was Danny Trejo ( from the Tarantino-Rodriguez Universe.)

Major_Griff
November 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I think its cool to have a potential enemy that isnt technologically advanced. if you think of, you dont need futuristic society to use the stargates. I think this is probably the most realistic "race" we've seen so far in the entire Stargate franchise. "vikings" that raid via the stargate

Green for you! Great point! I hope they bring these guys back because it is very interesting like you said to have a formidible enemy that is so primitve.

CalmStorm
November 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM

I was surprised by how he he took offense to the wraith worshiper comment. To me, his reaction was a reaction of disgust. However, while not serving the wraith and running from them like everyone else, they kill and intimidate others of their own kind.

The way Teyla and Ronon described them, they most often raided peaceful people and wiped them out and left very little of their victims. The only difference between them and the wraith is that the wraith are indifferent to what type of people they cull. To me, they are not that much different than the wraith, regardless if they "eat" their human victims or not.

rarocks24
November 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I was surprised by how he he took offense to the wraith worshiper comment. To me, his reaction was a reaction of disgust. However, while not serving the wraith and running from them like everyone else, they kill and intimidate others of their own kind.

The way Teyla and Ronon described them, they most often raided peaceful people and wiped them out and left very little of their victims. The only difference between them and the wraith is that the wraith are indifferent to what type of people they cull. To me, they are not that much different than the wraith, regardless if they "eat" their human victims or not.

I'm not saying they aren't dangerous or that I wouldn't turn tail and run if I ever saw them or that they aren't disgusting. Which is why I referred to them as Klingons of a sort. You know, the time period where they occupied pacifistic worlds.

dosed150
November 11th, 2007, 07:06 AM

that reaction to the wraith worshipper comment seemed more of a "we bow down to no one" type of thing rather than anything about the wraith in particular

sweetsamurai
November 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Hello,

I like the Bola Kai.

But when he spoke, it kind of rid the fear from them, lol. SOunds like my Dad.

I don't think there is any hard evidence that they do in fact eat people. It could be a rumour across the Galaxy etc...

And maybe, they will help fight against the Wraith in the last episode (my theory) like in Farscape; they go to all their bad guys and together fight! Even though they do not like each other.

Also, is Teyla not as bad as the wraith when she killed that squidgy thing? lol - JOKE (I love chicken)

Man that stuff looked tasty!

jenks
November 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Hello,

I like the Bola Kai.

But when he spoke, it kind of rid the fear from them, lol. SOunds like my Dad.

I don't think there is any hard evidence that they do in fact eat people. It could be a rumour across the Galaxy etc...

And maybe, they will help fight against the Wraith in the last episode (my theory) like in Farscape; they go to all their bad guys and together fight! Even though they do not like each other.

Also, is Teyla not as bad as the wraith when she killed that squidgy thing? lol - JOKE (I love chicken)

Man that stuff looked tasty!

That was a nice touch come to think of it, it always irritates me that we don't see enough alien creatures...

Shan Bruce Lee
November 11th, 2007, 08:30 AM
that reaction to the wraith worshipper comment seemed more of a "we bow down to no one" type of thing rather than anything about the wraith in particular

sounds good to me

CalmStorm
November 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
That was a nice touch come to think of it, it always irritates me that we don't see enough alien creatures...

Nothing about that creature looked alien, to me at least. It was a squid under ground instead of underwater. That was more of a "you've got to be kidding me" moment than a "new alien creature yippee" moment.

Falcon Horus
November 11th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Nothing about that creature looked alien, to me at least. It was a squid under ground instead of underwater. That was more of a "you've got to be kidding me" moment than a "new alien creature yippee" moment.

It did have little legs and a snout... Looked like a frog/squid/mole-thing to me.

Lord batchi ball
November 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM

It did look like a squid, it reminded me of a movie I saw in enviromental science. In the movie it looks at what animals might evolve into in millions of years, like: 5 million years turtles will evolve to be 300 feet tall and crazy stuff lke that.

Well any way, some 100 million years away its predicted that squids will dominate the earth and get smarter. Little squids will live in the trees like monkeys and build stuff while some will evolve to be 15 feet tall and live on the ground and kind of sluge around and eat other monkey squids that fall to the ground, and they glow red when angry.

I am not pulling your chain this is what some scientists think and they made a movie, its crazy:D:eek:

CalmStorm
November 11th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I am not pulling your chain this is what some scientists think and they made a movie, its crazy:D:eek:

I can certainly agree with it being crazy :P

Xaeden
November 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
It did look like a squid, it reminded me of a movie I saw in enviromental science. In the movie it looks at what animals might evolve into in millions of years, like: 5 million years turtles will evolve to be 300 feet tall and crazy stuff lke that.

Well any way, some 100 million years away its predicted that squids will dominate the earth and get smarter. Little squids will live in the trees like monkeys and build stuff while some will evolve to be 15 feet tall and live on the ground and kind of sluge around and eat other monkey squids that fall to the ground, and they glow red when angry.

I saw that on Animal Planet. It's called; "The Future is Wild." It was speculative/science fiction shot in the form of a documentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Future_Is_Wild_species#Squibbon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Future_Is_Wild_species#Megasquid

prion
November 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
When I first saw them and heard about them, I couldn't stop thinking Reavers, however they weren't as savage (from what we saw) so I was a bit disappointed in the fact Teyla feared them and could kick a lot of their asses until outnumbers but they still didn't seem all that bad.

I did like them and look forward to them reappearing some point in the future

I'd heard of Reavesr, didn't really care for FIREFLY so guess I never hung around long enough to see those guys. but... the Bola Kai were sort of your standard brutish not very well dressed bad guys. Cannibals? There may be legends about them, so hard to tell. Just because they can use weapons and construct a sentence doesn't mean they're not ;)

it was a land squid, like a land shark ;) Although as someone else pointed out, you might think, hmm, Bugs Bunny? He tunneled through dirt pretty fast too ;)

garhkal
November 11th, 2007, 12:36 PM
What are Reavers?

Maybe the writer just got done watching pathfinder..

SoulReaver
November 11th, 2007, 12:37 PM
has no else picked up on the "primitive" bola kai having figured out the gate system ? http://img.infos-du-net.com/forum/images/perso/le%20kneu.gif

CalmStorm
November 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
has no else picked up on the "primitive" bola kai having figured out the gate system ?

What was there for them to figure out? They have probably always been exposed to the gate system and get addresses from those they raid. Primitive does not necessarily mean stupid. All it takes is for someone to show them how.

SoulReaver
November 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
What was there for them to figure out? They have probably always been exposed to the gate system and get addresses from those they raid. Primitive does not necessarily mean stupid. All it takes is for someone to show them how.well Omak of the tollan expressed genuine surprise at how a race "as primitive as [the tauri] could decipher the gate system", and the tauri are kinda more advanced than the bola kai no ?

as for someone showing them - why not, but as far we know the wraith feed on them & they don't seem to get along with other tribes/races that well either......

CalmStorm
November 11th, 2007, 01:00 PM
well Omak of the tollan expressed genuine surprise at how a race "as primitive as [the tauri] could decipher the gate system", and the tauri are kinda more advanced than the bola kai no ?

as for someone showing them - why not, but as far we know the wraith feed on them & they don't seem to get along with other tribes/races that well either......

As far as figuring out the gate system from scratch, that would be an amazing thing to do. However, in the stargate universe, there are many primitive like cultures that have always known and been exposed to the gate system, so there was really nothing for them to figure out from scratch like the Tauri had to do.

As for the Bola Kai, prehaps at one time, they were a peaceful tribe who used the gate system for trade and only later turned violent. Or perhaps they were always violent and got gate addresses through coercion. There is too little info available to say for sure. However, I find nothing surprising about a group of people native to the Pegasus Galaxy with face paint, bows and arrows, and axes knowing how to use the gate system. There are any number of ways that is could be possible.

SoulReaver
November 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
fair enough - they must have learnt it from someone else

SoulReaver
November 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
btw I also like how they refered to the pj as a "ship"
I expected something along the lines of "flying metal demon" :|

Xaeden
November 11th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, everyone who does not live on a Spacegate planet seems to understand the Stargate. Long ago Humans were probably taught how the gates work by the Ancients (or the galaxy was filled with a lot of advanced Human cultures who figured it out and spread the knowledge to others) and so today pretty much everyone they met who did not live on a Spacegate world seems to know a number of gate addresses and how to use them (trading gate addresses is probably a common practice). The biggest thing the Bola Kai would have to understand is how to figure out the point of origin on each new planet they go to, but otherwise all they do is torture people like Keller to get new gate addresses. Originally they may have figured it out after some Human traders came to their world or they were among the ones to have been taught by the Ancients/advanced cultures so even though they have not advanced or have regressed thanks to the Wraith they passed down those teachings.

On the hand, in the Milky Way you either understand the gate system because you are/were under the rule of the Goa'uld or you're a highly advanced civilization who has been left alone for awhile. Most don't though because they are slaves who are kept in the dark about the Stargate or because they are primitives who have been forgotten about thus they aren't even likely to receive visitors. Which leaves them with having to randomly press buttons as the only option of figuring it out - Not everyone was lucky enough to have been left a list of gate addresses by Ra which the Tau'ri probably only had because Earth was his seat of power.

Jeffer
November 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
well Omak of the tollan expressed genuine surprise at how a race "as primitive as [the tauri] could decipher the gate system", and the tauri are kinda more advanced than the bola kai no ?

i think that was more along the lines of we built our own dialing computer and calculated the interstellar drift. All they had to do was push some buttons

jenks
November 11th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Wasn't that more to do with the fact that the SGC had built it's own DHD? I mean as far as we know, the Bola Kai are just as intelligent as us...

SoulReaver
November 12th, 2007, 04:06 AM
yeah could be (I'd forgotten about the whole dhd & drift thing)

prion
November 12th, 2007, 06:11 AM
What was there for them to figure out? They have probably always been exposed to the gate system and get addresses from those they raid. Primitive does not necessarily mean stupid. All it takes is for someone to show them how.

Hey, my dog and cat can open doors if they're not shut perfectly tight, but they can't read or write, so.... ;) But I don't see the Bolai Kai as smart. Sure, they've got 'street smarts', so to say, but otherwise, they're scavengers and brutes.

CalmStorm
November 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Hey, my dog and cat can open doors if they're not shut perfectly tight, but they can't read or write, so.... ;) But I don't see the Bolai Kai as smart. Sure, they've got 'street smarts', so to say, but otherwise, they're scavengers and brutes.

I'm not about to call the Bola Kai smart. All I'm saying is that it is not a shocker to me that they know how to operate the gate.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 12th, 2007, 08:05 AM
The Bola Kai seem like a believable culture to develop under pressure from something like the Wraith. In order to avoid the cullings, they migrate through the gate system and seize the resources of other civilizations (and possibly eat them).
As the others said, the Bola Kai don't need technical know-how to operate the gate, they just need to memorize addresses. All human Pegasus Galaxy cultures were originally under the guidance and protection of the Ancients who built the gate, therefore knowledge of it is relatively common. The Tollan were surprised that we constructed a computer system which allows us to operate the gate without a DHD and can calculate viable addresses.

prion
November 12th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'm not about to call the Bola Kai smart. All I'm saying is that it is not a shocker to me that they know how to operate the gate.

What WOULD be a shock is if the 'land squid' could operate it ;)

BubblingOverWithIdeas
November 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
AS to the lollypops, i would love to know how they knew they were food?

That makes me picture the Bola Kai putting all of Keller's belongings in their mouths until they find the lollipops.

jenks
November 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM
The smell was probably a clue that they are edible...

Major_Griff
November 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
As far as the Bola Kai figuring out how to work the gate, how do we know their planet doesn't have a cartoush of some kind like the one on Abydos? If that was so, they would just have to press the symbols from the cartoush onto the DHD. A trained monkey could figure that out.

CalmStorm
November 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
What WOULD be a shock is if the 'land squid' could operate it ;)

LOL, that would most certainly qualifier as a shocker. Not even suspension of belief could aid that :)

WingedPegasus
November 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM

If you're a Pegasus Galaxy native, or for that matter a native of any planet other than earth, the gate system is a part of your life no matter how dumb you are.

Lord batchi ball
November 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Well for my input on the Bola'ki figuring on the gate system would be that if their "prey" (humans) were to flee through the gate the BK would have to follow to eat, and hunger can make you change/adapt very fast.

So most likely they once saw someone punch in the sequence of numbers then did the same, monkey see, monkey do.

And about the cannablism, I've been thinking and maybe it was like Donner's pass, they did'nt want to but they had to. Or maybe they have a taste for people. It is the easeist for humans to digest.

And the land squid, well like I said its crazy!!!:eek:

CalmStorm
November 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM
If you're a Pegasus Galaxy native, or for that matter a native of any planet other than earth, the gate system is a part of your life no matter how dumb you are.

...which is pretty much what I've said in my previous posts. Regardless of their intelligence, or lack of, using the gate system is the norm for cultures in the Pegasus Galaxy.

garhkal
November 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Very true. Remember the Unas figured it out, so did those 'traders' that captured the unas in season 5 of SG1 where chaka was captured..

Jill_Ion
November 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Weird! My dogs can read and write, but can't open doors. :o

Actionhank
November 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I can't believe noone recognized the connection yet.

One word: Uruk'Hai (Lord of the Rings)
I haven't found a picture of the Bola Kai but I found a picture of an Uruk'Hai for sure:
http://photos24.flickr.com/38946752_95a425ed42_o.jpg

See, there are slight similarities and I mean not just the name. :D

jenks
November 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I mentioned it in the Missing thread ;)

Mitchell82
November 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Good point. She may never had met them but I don't think it was assumption. I don't think they are like Jaffa but I do agree with the Saxon part but only in dress not lifestyle.

Actionhank
November 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I mentioned it in the Missing thread ;)
Good for you then. http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Verlegen/smilie_verl_012.gif I apologize. :)

SG13-NightOps
November 13th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Never noticed, but I never look that hard. It takes all the fun out of things. Its simply very hard to try and create a new race that wont have any similarities with ANY of the hundreds of other created races, so I dont overthink it.

But of all the options, I will go with more Urak'Hai than Reaver, and way more so than either Klingon or Jaffa.

Bakhesh
November 13th, 2007, 03:35 AM

I haven't found a picture of the Bola Kai but I found a picture of an Uruk'Hai for sure:

I thought they "hung a lantern" on this when Teyla and Keller hid under the roots of the tree, and the Bola Kai didn't see them. It looked like a homage to Fellowship of the ring, when Frodo hid from the Wraith.

Falcon Horus
November 13th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I thought they "hung a lantern" on this when Teyla and Keller hid under the roots of the tree, and the Bola Kai didn't see them. It looked like a homage to Fellowship of the ring, when Frodo hid from the Wraith.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought of that. When I saw the picture before the episode, I was already making the connection.

prion
November 13th, 2007, 06:07 AM

Er, hiding under roots of trees, or alongside cliffs, is an old movie standard (well, if you've ever seen the old B&W movies). Frodo hid from the Wraith? They had Wraith in Lord of the RIngs?? ;)

Falcon Horus
November 13th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Er, hiding under roots of trees, or alongside cliffs, is an old movie standard (well, if you've ever seen the old B&W movies). Frodo hid from the Wraith? They had Wraith in Lord of the RIngs?? ;)

The Ringwraths are distant cousins, twice removed... :p

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM

I thought the same thing. Man that kid looks scared out of his wits.

Nuitari
November 13th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I am pretty sure that they are not cannibals, I mean, a wraith worshiper is the one who told Teyla and Keller that they were (cannibals) as well as being wraith worshipers. It would stand to reason he was lying to strengthen his position. :)

PG15
November 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Actually, Teyla knew (or thought she knew) that they were cannibals long before they ran into the Wraith worshipper.

Nuitari
November 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Actually, Teyla knew (or thought she knew) that they were cannibals long before they ran into the Wraith worshipper.lol, boy do I have egg on my face. ;) I should make use of something called a "memory" before I decide to speak my mind. :)

Still, it sounds like a rumor to me. No reason to accept it yet, so far, we have seen no evidence to suggest that they are cannibals.

Avenger
November 14th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah, it was something that she'd heard from other people. No confirmation yet.

prion
November 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM
lol, boy do I have egg on my face. ;) I should make use of something called a "memory" before I decide to speak my mind. :)

Still, it sounds like a rumor to me. No reason to accept it yet, so far, we have seen no evidence to suggest that they are cannibals.

Okay, this is the cruz. Joe Mallozzi said on his blog they're cannibals, and it's insinuated they are on the show. So, which is canon?

SaberBlade
November 15th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Mallozzi just confirmed what viewers would have already expected after what Teyla said. So they would be cannibals, no doubt about it.

That said, if Mallozzi had said they weren't cannibals then i'd probably debate it because he's tried to retcon a few episodes here and there because of a production problem (like Zelenka not using an Ancient scanner when it obviously was).

MechaThor
November 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I like the Bola Kai, They add a very intresting look and style to the show, with their mix of primitive weapons and cloths.

I hope we see more of them and maybe even their homeworld. Its also intresting how they can use the stargate.
They klinda remind me of the Atlantis version of Unas, however Humans not aliens.
If i could change one thing about them I would have made them an "alien" race, nothing specail but maybe something Klingon like, or like the image above orc/goblin like.

Also I wonder how the wrath feel about them if they are cannibals? As they would be eating the wraiths food source?

wise one
November 19th, 2007, 07:27 AM
they are being hunted by the wraith aswell, they said it when they captured teyla and keller

Harekin
November 20th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Can I just ask why Teyla kept throwing away the Bola Kai weapons and keeping her stick?!

garhkal
November 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Who knows, but i was wondering that as well. Especially that short sword looking blade she got...

MechaThor
November 22nd, 2007, 02:03 AM
Can I just ask why Teyla kept throwing away the Bola Kai weapons and keeping her stick?!

Because shes a fool?
Or maybe its because she hates the Bola Kai and there4 did not use their weapons to renforce her hate, and out of respect for her people (as at the time she thought the Kai killed them all)
she is a master figther using sticks and we all knwon that sticks and large logs are the most powerful weapons in the universe. They can even take down Imprials At-STs :cameron:

Nuitari
November 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Okay, this is the cruz. Joe Mallozzi said on his blog they're cannibals, and it's insinuated they are on the show. So, which is canon?I guess they are cannibals then, which kind of sucks really. I had hoped they would not be. Not only do we have to worry about the wraith eating people, but the Bola Kai as well! Hooray...

ciannwn
November 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
I guess they are cannibals then, which kind of sucks really. I had hoped they would not be. Not only do we have to worry about the wraith eating people, but the Bola Kai as well! Hooray...

Just goes to show that Wraith and humans aren't all that different, really. :)

It would be interesting to know why this group of Pegasus galaxy humans turned to cannibalism but we'll probably never find out.

Nuitari
November 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Perhaps their cannibalism is only ritualistic? Like, maybe they eat their own dead in order to keep a part of their loved one with them forever? lol, there is a group of people on Earth who do exactly that. *shudders* I would really hate to go to one of their funerals. :p

Bellageth
December 1st, 2007, 11:05 AM
Was it just me, or did the Bola Kai's weapons resemble Jaffa staff weapons? They looked a little shorter, brown, and they didn't open, but they looked very similar. I got a mental image of the props guys cutting down all the staff weapons after SG1 ended and spray-painting them brown...

Bellageth
December 1st, 2007, 11:09 AM

That bugged me too... They had these sword things and spikey club, but no, she was happy with a branch and her knife... She could've at least given something to Keller to use (or hold, since she seemed reluctant to use anything...)...