How did Peter originally survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Peter originally survive?

In 'Five Years Later' Peter admitted he was the bomb. He had a scar on his face (unlike current Peter) so it does seem to suggest that in the current timeline Claire's powers weren't all that helpful and that he was going to survive anyway, so he did pull it off?

Even Peter's mother said that because he had Claire's powers, he'd blow up and survive yet the episode itself seems to contradict The Company's founders idea that Peter would survive so he should be allowed to detonate.

Could it have just been something stupid like the explosion although originating from Peter, it expanded outward from his position instead of him actually exploding? This could work as it should have allowed him to survive but Claire's powers only come into play as part of the final timeline when Peter would have impacted the surface when he fell.

Any explainations or other theories?

sigpic

I think they were being really general about the term "exploding". I doubt Peter was ever in any danger of actually dying from the event. From what we've seen from the heroes, their powers never actually harm them no matter its nature so anything he has absorbed even in overload should go outward without damaging him.

I really don't know why he had that scar.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
      I think they were being really general about the term "exploding". I doubt Peter was ever in any danger of actually dying from the event. From what we've seen from the heroes, their powers never actually harm them no matter its nature so anything he has absorbed even in overload should go outward without damaging him.

He was probably in a fight with the Haitian (or someone like him) nearby blocking his powers and got cut. Or something like that, so maybe regeneration wouldn't heal a scar (since the cells themselves are fine).
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

the next episode will explain it all, its titled "Four Months Ago"

Comment

The next episode will show how he survived this time. I'm asking about how he survived in the alternate timeline when he didn't have any healing powers, as that would suggest he'd survive no matter what.

sigpic

Comment

Another point about that timeline was Future Hero kept claiming that Sylar was only able to survive because he had Claire's power, but unbeknownst to him,
            Spoiler:
            Claire was still alive
            . How did this work?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
              Another point about that timeline was Future Hero kept claiming that Sylar was only able to survive because he had Claire's power, but unbeknownst to him,
              Spoiler:
              Claire was still alive
              . How did this work?
              He thought Syler was the bomb and was only able to survive with Claire´s power but he got it wrong on all accounts. Hiro was on a fools errand when he went back in time, trying to prevent a story invented by Nathen and the company from happening.

Peter propably survived because he either A) Came into contact with Claire or something like her or B) the exploding power didn´t effect him (though I don´t believe this to be right since it looked like it was tearing him appart).

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                He thought Syler was the bomb and was only able to survive with Claire´s power but he got it wrong on all accounts. Hiro was on a fools errand when he went back in time, trying to prevent a story invented by Nathen and the company from happening.

Peter propably survived because he either A) Came into contact with Claire or something like her or B) the exploding power didn´t effect him (though I don´t believe this to be right since it looked like it was tearing him appart).
                Well in the future timeline, Peter had a scar down the middle of his face. This would never have happened if he had Claire's powers (because he doesnt have it now) so option 'A' isn't possible. 'B' however I did think was possible because the explosion that damaged the city. I thought that body have have emitted the explosion rather than exploding himself but considerig there did seem to be some sort of physical change to the reaction I couldn't be sure.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Well in the future timeline, Peter had a scar down the middle of his face. This would never have happened if he had Claire's powers (because he doesnt have it now) so option 'A' isn't possible. 'B' however I did think was possible because the explosion that damaged the city. I thought that body have have emitted the explosion rather than exploding himself but considerig there did seem to be some sort of physical change to the reaction I couldn't be sure.
                  It´s possible if he got the power after getting the scar....

Comment

Ted Sprague didnt die from all the radiation he unleashed and if Peter had his power then he would be immune to the powers effects like Ted was, it looked like he was in pain in "company man" but he wasnt affected at all by the radiation, if he'd stuck around a bit longer i'd wager that it would have turned out Ted was immune to radiation or something.
                    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Future Peter did have Claire's powers. Though we may learn to the contrary in the next episode, it looks like the Bomb wasn't how he got that scar solely because Peter in Season 2 doesn't have the scar.

Normally the healing fixes scars ; Peter didn't get a scar from when Sylar cut his forehead at Mohinder's place. Either there was some incurable wound, or (as i think is more likely) Future Peter has more control over his powers and he chooses to keep that scar to remind himself of something.

With Ted's power, it's uncertain. The title 'Exploding Man' is misleading because Ted radiates outward away from himself. He survived blowing up the Bennet house without a scratch. But the Bomb was a whole lot bigger and would've required a lot more power, so it's possible that it would cause him injuries that a normal person wouldn't recover from. We'll find out for sure on Monday.

Time travel can be a confusing matter. In Heroes, it's represented by strings (people's lives and interactions), you can change one string but the world will remain the same (e.g. Hiro appearing in Charli's birthday photo when he wasn't present before, but nothing substantial changed).

To enact a big change (such as stopping the Bomb) it requires a tremendous effort. Angela Petrelli didn't think it could be stopped, that the Bomb was predestined to occur, so she was resigned to making the best of it. Charles Devaux didn't believe that it was destined to happen. I suspect it was Isaac's ability to see different possible futures that made it possible to negotiate around it.

The 1st time the Bomb went off, Hiro and Ando hadn't gone on their quest ; Hiro travelled forward and 'disappeared' for a few weeks, Ando was still in Japan. Peter didn't save Claire, Isaac was dead so Sylar had both their abilities ; knowing what would happen and having the ability to survive, it's almost certain that Sylar blew himself up deliberately.

However before he died, Isaac left a comic book for a different future for Hiro to find. So when Hiro returned, he embarked on the quest accroding to Isaac's comic book instructions, changing the future. The Future Hiro we know is the product of Hiro and Ando going on their quest and failing. In the comic book, it shows Future Hiro recalling Sylar exploding.

The Future Peter that Future Hiro knew did have a scar.
                      Spoiler:
                      Peter may have run into Adam Munroe in the future, so we can't determine from that information whether he had healing abilities or not
                      . However, the Future Peter we know isn't exactly the same one that Future Hiro knew ; Future Hiro changed the future slightly when he gave Peter the message on the train. When he came back, the world seemed the same but Future Peter had Claire's power and Sylar didn't, the product of Peter saving Claire. Peter was the Bomb ; Sylar couldn't survive it without Claire's power, so he goaded Peter into exploding.

Enter Isaac Mendez, once again leaving a comic book, this time to save Hiro from the Haitian in the future. Our Hiro was given Sylar as the the target and Sylar was out of the way when Nathan showed up to save the day. One really cannot give enough credit to Isaac, managing the possible futures and knowingly sacrificing himself (several times !) to Sylar in order to set-up the Kirby Plaza confrontation.

Comment

Here's a video that Hanna was emailing everyone as part of the Heroes 360 Experience. It may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen...

http://www.samantha48616e61.com/popu...ker_clip.shtml
                        sigpic

Comment

Wait, WAIT!

Was that from next weeks episode because that was just amazing, and was that falling thing Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post

I agree with you, i doubt a heroes power can actually hurt them, that would pretty much screw with or sense of self preservation. Also if heroes could be harmed by their own powers i think ted would have died of radiation sickness
                            Spoiler:
                            before sylar got to him
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah we'll find out tomorrow what really happened.

As for that video, wow that was awesome. How could they have covered that up?
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                              X