Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powers that can only be used for evil or good

What powers are there that can only be used for Good or Evil

Such as healing, there is no downside to this power, I mean what is the most evil you can do with it, heal someone?

What do you think
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Heal a really bad person, or choose not to use it.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Healing can be used for evil. I mean with the power of healing you can get people to follow you based entirely on the promise that you will always heal them and they will never die.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Maya's power seems to be only capable of evil, and her brothers are purely good.

and the nightmare one seems kind of only bad, but it like all of them depends on how they use it
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Healing can be used for evil. I mean with the power of healing you can get people to follow you based entirely on the promise that you will always heal them and they will never die.
          But your still healing and thats what it comes down to. You can't rob a bank with it, mug someone, hurt anyone in any way other then not healing
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Well actually, you could use it the way Linderman and buddy did. Use it to torture someone indefinitely using an endless cycle of heal and harm.

You coud find dying people promise them renewed life in exchange for signing away their money.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
              Well actually, you could use it the way Linderman and buddy did. Use it to torture someone indefinitely using an endless cycle of heal and harm.

You could find dying people promise them renewed life in exchange for signing away their money.
              As apposed to a Hospital?

But in the end the healer healed the person and how is that evil even if the means are evil but the power itself isn't
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

ah but you didn't ask if the power was inherently evil, you asked what evil the person could do with it.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  ah but you didn't ask if the power was inherently evil, you asked what evil the person could do with it.
                  exactly. It's like asking if a sword is inherently evil. Whether you use it to cut apples, as an art display or to behead people, it's not the weapon that has the moral compass.

Depending on what you believe, the power to kill with a thought can be thought by some to be inherently evil. I don't think that's true, but some people would. Again, you could use the ability to take out the Sylars of the world, or just people who annoy you. Or you could use it to kill viruses.
                  Anything can be used either way or not at all. It's up to the user.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                    Maya's power seems to be only capable of evil, and her brothers are purely good.
                    Not if Maya used her powers to put down Gaybriel for good.

and the nightmare one seems kind of only bad, but it like all of them depends on how they use it
                    Think of what Sifu did to Daniel Jackson. IN a way, that was a nightmare, yet it was done for good.

Comment

the only power inheretly evil i can think of is the ability to kill puppies by blinking(uncontrollable)
                      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                      sigpic

Comment

or the power to post when logged in as tombombadail.

Comment

Powers you can't control that harm others are no more evil than farting. Sometimes...you just have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            or the power to post when logged in as tombombadail.
                            LOL. srry, i know my annoying posts bother you and i've been trying to cut back
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post

Not really though, what if you stop a gang of terrorists from staging an assault on ISAF forces, or revive everyone after they are killed, thereby stunning them ?

As long as the targets can be healed it's essentially a very good less-than-lethal weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X