This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milky Way ZPMs?

After all that happened in "The Pegasus Project," with using the Ancient database. I got to thinking, do you think that they could use the database, interactive program, to find outposts or other types of Ancient locations that used ZPMs? They could show all the Lantean settlements, then SGC could go and see if there is anything of interest, especially ZPMs.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

sounds reasonable, so i would say yes.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That would just to be to easy or just to simple to think of for the Stargate team
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

This isn't really about the ZPM's but the Ancient Database could be place were they find out about the 9th chevron.
        WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
        Spoiler:
        If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
        - Bertrand Russell

Comment

^ What?
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Although there was no indication that the Tower city ship or the base from Inferno existed in the database either, so maybe there are things that exist that aren't listed in the database. I'm not saying this is definitive evidence against it, though. Maybe McKay just hasn't read up to that bit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post
              This isn't really about the ZPM's but the Ancient Database could be place were they find out about the 9th chevron.
              What do you mean? I agree with 2nd here I'm confused

But maybe a lot of the data about where stuff is was destroyed by the Ancinets so the wraith couldn't get to it
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                ^ What?
                I think he refers to:

Spoiler:
                the 3rd series, SG:U where (according to JM) the 9th chevron will play an important role. We don't know what that's for yet, but we will find it out in the new series if everything goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  But maybe a lot of the data about where stuff is was destroyed by the Ancinets so the wraith couldn't get to it
                  That's what I was thinking, too. The Ancients might have erased sensitive information from the database (e.g. ZMP manufacturing, weapons schematics, Asurans etc) when Atlantis was under siege by the Warith - the kind of knowledge that could affect the fate of the Galaxy/Universe if fell into the wrong hands.
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                    That's what I was thinking, too. The Ancients might have erased sensitive information from the database (e.g. ZMP manufacturing, weapons schematics, Asurans etc) when Atlantis was under siege by the Warith - the kind of knowledge that could affect the fate of the Galaxy/Universe if fell into the wrong hands.
                    They didn't according to Weir in "The Seige, pt. 1"

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                      They didn't according to Weir in "The Seige, pt. 1"

Vala,
                      Really? Where in the ep did Weir say that?
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                        After all that happened in "The Pegasus Project," with using the Ancient database. I got to thinking, do you think that they could use the database, interactive program, to find outposts or other types of Ancient locations that used ZPMs? They could show all the Lantean settlements, then SGC could go and see if there is anything of interest, especially ZPMs.
                        Lanteans leftthe MW to go to Pegasus somewhere between 5 & 10 million years ago.

They only returned 10,000 years ago. We know they didn't go back to Atlantis once they originally evacuated.

That means it would only be able to show ZPM's or whatever that are between 5 & 10 million years old. Would imagine that almost all would probably be well gone. Tayonas only survived because the shield collapsed & rock covered over it due to the eruptions.

Don't ever see them trying it because it'd be more sensible to search the DB on how to actually construct your own ZPM's or even any other form of Lantean power generation technology like those used in PJ's or the warships etc!

Comment

What they need to get is the Potentia (the Dagan ZPM). Get Chaya Sar or dress someone up like an Ancient to convince the Dagan fanatics that their Ancient has finally come to reclaim the Potentia. Give them a dead one to worship instead (McKay certainly has a few of those by this point).

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                            Lanteans leftthe MW to go to Pegasus somewhere between 5 & 10 million years ago.

They only returned 10,000 years ago. We know they didn't go back to Atlantis once they originally evacuated.

That means it would only be able to show ZPM's or whatever that are between 5 & 10 million years old. Would imagine that almost all would probably be well gone. Tayonas only survived because the shield collapsed & rock covered over it due to the eruptions.

Don't ever see them trying it because it'd be more sensible to search the DB on how to actually construct your own ZPM's or even any other form of Lantean power generation technology like those used in PJ's or the warships etc!

I know they couldn't use it to find ZPMs after they left Atlantis, but they could do like Daniel did and list the earliest Lantean settlements and then they could eliminate the settlements that don't use that ZPMs for power. Then when they go and check it out.

: Green is Good.
                            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              Really? Where in the ep did Weir say that?
                              In the part where Zelenka told her that they could only copy 8% of the Ancient database and she was talking about how hard it would be to chose between ascension research or weapons or ZPM construction or space travel information.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X