PDA

View Full Version : Is Lorne the new head of atlantis security?

immhotep
November 7th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Hey just a question, did lorne replace bates? I think he must have, i mean tabula Rasa and in others lorne is like the go to guy for shepard. I like it, lornes one of my favourite recurring characters, just below zelenka.

Hmm...lost track of what i was trying to say lol
Tep

aviv18391
November 7th, 2007, 05:56 AM
No, i dont think he is head of security, maybe an assistant to the head of security, but no more.
in tabula rasa he was just the head of a search team, that's just what i think.

jenks
November 7th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah I'd say Lorne is definitely becoming Shep's second hand man around Atlantis...

Niteshadow
November 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
i think he just leads a team proabaly team 2 of atlantis. but he is just used as security if needed

Mattathias2.0
November 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Agreed.

Merlin1701
November 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
In total agreement with tep!

Lorne is great! I rele liked the episode sunday as we learned a little more about Lorne's back story. I think we need to see more atlantis teams...
lorne, zelenka...???

perhaps this would forge a greater bond with sg1?

garhkal
November 7th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah I'd say Lorne is definitely becoming Shep's second hand man around Atlantis...

True, though i do have a feeling they are pushing him more into the role of security chief.

Avenger
November 7th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Nothing has really been said about what his position is, before or after Carter took command.

KiLL3r
November 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
well he has been around for a while so hes well overdue for a promotion i guess.

wasnt he around in sg1 also?

jenks
November 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
He was in 7x07 Enemy Mine.

Skydiver
November 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
and was the leader of an AU sg1 in the road not taken

Xaeden
November 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Well no I don't think he is the head of security - He seems to have his own offworld team based on what we saw in Coup D'etat. But, given that he is the highest ranking officer after Carter and Sheppard (unless there's another Major hiding him/herself somewhere on the base) it would make sense that Lorne would be actively leading Atlantis' soldiers when Sheppard and Carter are busy rather than the head of security (whoever that may be).

immhotep
November 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Well my point was that bates is gone, he went in S2, leaving Shepard and Lorne the two highest ranking officers, now Shepard and Lorne do have thier own teams(Lorne and Zelenka, plus two others) but i think hes also second in command on the military side. Not only does he reguarly take up shep position when hes not there, he has been seen leading both Atlantis's and the Deadalus' figher wing, im talking about the asteroid incident. Recently he was the one flying the jumpers to go rescue shepard and co in the one just before tabula rasa with ronans friends. He was also leading SGA-1 when shepard wasnt there in Travellers. So there is alot of evidence to surgest that he does lead Atlantis's Security forces when shepard isnt there. From Tabula rasa i would do as far as to say hes head of atlantis security, a role that wasnt filled post bates but it makes sense for lorne, someone who not only rank wise but experience wise (hes been part of the gate program for 5+ years) he is also the most likely choice for that role. After shepard..

Niteshadow
November 8th, 2007, 06:26 AM
well he has been around for a while so hes well overdue for a promotion i guess.

wasnt he around in sg1 also?
but then there would be 3 colonels on Atlantis

He was in 7x07 Enemy Mine.
yup good episode

and was the leader of an AU sg1 in the road not taken

and he is a painter

rarocks24
November 8th, 2007, 07:54 AM
but then there would be 3 colonels on Atlantis

yup good episode

and he is a painter

Two would be Lieutenant Colonel's and the other Colonel.

IIRC, It also goes by experience. The L.C. with the longest amount of time holding the rank has more control than the Lt. Colonel with the littlest. So if something happened to Carter, Sheppard, although the same rank as a promoted Lorne, would have seniority.

Avenger
November 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
It depends on which of the lieutenant colonels is put in command. Like in SG-1 with Carter and Mitchell. With had the same rank, but Mitchell was given command of SG-1 by Landry. Or like when Sheppard was in command of Atlantis military decisions despite a full bird Colonel Caldwell in the picture.

Skydiver
November 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
as much as i like the idea of lorne as head of security, my gut instinct is that he's used because

a) he's popular
b) he's a known entity with the producers...ie someone they've worked with before
c) it's easier to use him than to hire and cast a stranger. although, had kavan had other work, i'm sure someone else woulda been doing his job in this case

the fifth man
November 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
As long as he's actually used well in an episode, it doesn't really matter to me if he's Head of Security or not. His skills are obviously trusted though.

Skydiver
November 9th, 2007, 04:17 AM
hear, hear :)

Lorne is one of my favorite characters on the show simply because, to me, he's so 'real'. his reactions harken back to the older days of SG1, which i really enjoyed

Uber
November 9th, 2007, 05:52 AM
hear, hear :)

Lorne is one of my favorite characters on the show simply because, to me, he's so 'real'. his reactions harken back to the older days of SG1, which i really enjoyedHe's fantastic. :)

As to this question, I seem to recall him being the head of a security team back when Shep and Weir were taken over by feuding aliens. His security team came about Weir and, when he told her to surrender, she took 'em all out in a very non-Weirlike manner.

saberhagen83
November 9th, 2007, 06:43 AM
As long as he's actually used well in an episode, it doesn't really matter to me if he's Head of Security or not. His skills are obviously trusted though.

Agree! :) I really like Lorne and I'm glad he is still used on the show, and I hope we will see more of him this season. I also think he may be the new head of security. We haven't really seen anyone since Bates, and Lorne would be a perfect choise as I get the feeling he is sort of acting the part, and no doubt John seems to trust him.

Xaeden
November 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
He's fantastic. :)

As to this question, I seem to recall him being the head of a security team back when Shep and Weir were taken over by feuding aliens. His security team came about Weir and, when he told her to surrender, she took 'em all out in a very non-Weirlike manner.

That was "The Long Goodbye." He and three marines that he was leading were following Weir and you're right she took him and the others right out. Then he ended up spending the rest of the episode trapped in the corridor and he reappeared at the end to call a medical team for Sheppard and Weir.