Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amount of Commercials at an all time high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amount of Commercials at an all time high?

Last night during Heroes the commercials were coming every 4 minutes! I wish there a way to tell them to shove them.... but the only way is to tape ths show and FF through threm, or not watch the show. The people pushing those constant breaks need a heavy spanking,,, maybe to say whtever they adverstise to us with such zeal should never be purchased,, they are working on pissing off viewers...

My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

I think that the writers have done a great job pissing off viewers. I mean srsly.. Maya y Alejandro's story is akin to the same feeling one might get from seeing a skinny guy buying floral-patterned pink sweatpants from the maternity ward of JC Penney's outlet for himself.

Comment

I forgot the mention the totally absurd dumbass thing they did with planting a tree to force us viewers into watching the rich take time out to plant a tree in between travleing the world and buying new cars and homes...

I understand NBC is on some AL Freeking Gore "Green Campaign'
      but they forgot that most of us are not kooks and see this as total BS! I say make the damned show... and stop the political commentary,, or else you actors will be digging up trees, with the illegals, to put food on your table... because you blew you acting job on political stunts...

My Story:

Comment

Speaking of that whole "Green" thing, was that the reason why the opening credits were green instead of yellow?
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          Speaking of that whole "Green" thing, was that the reason why the opening credits were green instead of yellow?
          Yeah. I think it looked kinda cool...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            So that's what that was about? I never ever watch NBC, and had no idea.....I thought the green looked pretty cool, if odd.....

Loved the Japanese "previously" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
              Yeah. I think it looked kinda cool...
              It was definitely different.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories...t-scam-history

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...lobal_warming/

NBC jerking us with this scam..
                My Story:

Comment

^Personally, I disagree with just about everything that guy said. If global earming isnt real then something else is going on because its the middle of November and its like 100 degrees outside.

But the whole commercials think is really getting ridiculous. They really should do something about that, although I have to agree that the opening credits being green was kinda cool.

Comment

I thought the green Earth was supposed to be a biohazard thing, referring to the virus. If you watch the normal intro carefully you can see a tiny nuke explosion going off, i figured this was the New Threat.

Comment

On Shaw Cable in Canada we have a channel called Movie Central. They play about a half hour of commercials before and after the feature presentation (this includes Stargate Atlantis) and makes the general viewing more enjoyable.

I wish other networks were like this.

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate View Post
                        I thought the green Earth was supposed to be a biohazard thing, referring to the virus. If you watch the normal intro carefully you can see a tiny nuke explosion going off, i figured this was the New Threat.
                        I thought it was a biohazard/virus related thing as well.

As much as Global Warming is a problem that people actually need to grow up about and face up to, what NBC is doing is like.....lessons for idiots who don't care/preaching to the choir. During the commercials while watching Scrubs on Thursday, their recommendation was "plant a tree". Well anyone who is actually going to plant a tree will be doing it already.....they don't need NBC to tell them to do so. Anyone who isn't, isn't likely to do so just because NBC told them to do so. Why don't you stop running adverts for gas guzzling vehicles NBC? That might be a better start, if you were actually serious about this.....

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                        On Shaw Cable in Canada we have a channel called Movie Central. They play about a half hour of commercials before and after the feature presentation (this includes Stargate Atlantis) and makes the general viewing more enjoyable.

I wish other networks were like this.
                        They play a half hour of commercials straight though? Who would actually stay tuned in for that? God knows if I could actually afford to pay the obscene amount they're charging for that channel, I'd expect no commercials whatsoever.

Comment

I hate commercials and I do everything to avoid them. The flow is the show just isn't the same if you watch with a ton of commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                            I hate commercials and I do everything to avoid them. The flow is the show just isn't the same if you watch with a ton of commercials.
                            It is if it's edited properly. It's when there are monkeys doing the editing, deeming that the commercials are more important than the episode that the flow goes all wrong- TV has ALWAYS had commercials, it's how it works, so obviously getting the flow right CAN be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              It is if it's edited properly. It's when there are monkeys doing the editing, deeming that the commercials are more important than the episode that the flow goes all wrong- TV has ALWAYS had commercials, it's how it works, so obviously getting the flow right CAN be done.
                              I vaguely remember some shows, could be this one, going to commercial then when they come back they repeat the last 5 seconds or so and keep going. I think they did this once or twice in heroes this season.(in one of Ando's scenes) It just shows that there was never supposed to be a break in the first place. Commercials are irrelevant and I will always watch the commercial free cuts of my favorite shows. Plus why sit around for an hour when you can tivo or by alternative means watch a 42 min version? You must really like your tv that much to give it the extra 18 minutes of your life. There has to be some statistic of how many years of our life are spent watching commercials.

Comment

Working...
                              X