Hiro and his power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiro and his power

OKay, we just saw him pop back into the present, so he is obviously gaining enough control with the time travel aspect of his powers. Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?

Or for that matter, just go back to the day he left.

Does he need more practice, or is is entirely random when he ends up?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    OKay, we just saw him pop back into the present, so he is obviously gaining enough control with the time travel aspect of his powers. Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?

Hiro is still learning to master his powers. Definitely getting better though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try something like that, unless he doesn't want to mess with the time/space continuum anymore.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Hiro is still learning to master his powers. Definitely getting better though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try something like that, unless he doesn't want to mess with the time/space continuum anymore.
      Yeah Hiro is all about the space time continum isn't he!!
      You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?
        Maybe he will.
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

He could try and save his dad, which would be great. Unfortunately it does have the downside of Hiro is that they can't use him like that.

He could go back, stop time then find/kill Matt's father, Sylar, Ted and even Adam (once he learns about him) and keep the future this perfect world that we want it to be. If Hiro kept going back and fixing things, I think it would take a lot of the suspence and drama from the show if everything can just be undone. So I think Takei will only appear again if Hiro or Peter end up going back accidentally to some point.

sigpic

Comment

Well, it might turn out like Charlie, and he travels back in time, but can't do anything to prevent her from dying. If he had saved her from Sylar, her brain tumour would've finished her instead.

Although, he did manage to change the past so that New York was prevented from exploding... Just. Although, I'm still hoping that New York will still explode somehow, Hiro just delayed it slightly... I'm hoping it'll still turn out like it did in 5 Years Gone... There's another 4 1/2 years for NY to explode still....

So, if Hiro prevents his dad from dying, he'll just die some other way, later on.

/Likes the Final Destination approach to Heroes

Comment

and then the series ends. with emo maya

Comment

One of my pet Heroes theories is that Hiro's time travel is leaving "holes" in the continuum, if Hiro randomly travels he pops out through these holes.

Future Hiro presumably departed the future a number of times to investigate the past (it's likely that he visited the site of the daytime Bomb several times) and he definitely left to give the message to Peter. So when Hiro first time travels, by idly thinking of New York, he popped out the hole on Election Day.

Again, when Hiro teleports himself and Ando out of Linderman's hotel, they emerged through the hole in the future (at Isaac's loft, which is where Future Hiro was probably teleporting from).

Spoiler:
                Peter is also being affected by this. There will likely be more visits to 2008, or at least one to rescue Caitlin, and this created the hole they accidentally popped out through. The hole Peter made leaving for 2008 is both how he returned and what threw off Hiro on his long trip back ; i'd assume that Hiro was aiming for Ando just after the Bomb, but the Peter's hole diverted him to several months later instead

Comment

I hate time travel.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    He could try and save his dad, which would be great. Unfortunately it does have the downside of Hiro is that they can't use him like that.

He could go back, stop time then find/kill Matt's father, Sylar, Ted and even Adam (once he learns about him) and keep the future this perfect world that we want it to be. If Hiro kept going back and fixing things, I think it would take a lot of the suspence and drama from the show if everything can just be undone. So I think Takei will only appear again if Hiro or Peter end up going back accidentally to some point.

if Hiro kept going back in time to fix stuff we could call the show 7 days
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hiro knows that using his powers for that will only lead to trouble, he's only just managed to keep the space/time continum together in Japan. I don;t hink he'll be messing with it for a while.

On a side note, I also remember Seven Days. Kinda fun, but I bet if I watched it now it would seem really really bad.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I've watched Seven Days quite a few times over the years. It still has that charm to it.

It's hard to say really with Hiro. We've still not seen his fight with the dinosaur so I think there is still some tampering to be done.

sigpic

Comment

2x09
                          Spoiler:
                          Are you like Mendez? Maybe slightly different We got a hero on the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            2x09
                            Spoiler:
                            Are you like Mendez? Maybe slightly different We got a hero on the forums!
                            With as obvious as the writing style has been for this season, everyone could be a hero.

Comment

out of curiosity does hiro no he can reverse time in a localized area? his eyes were closed when he made the gun "misfire" last season and when ando questioned him he said he thought it misfired
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X