PDA

View Full Version : Hiro and his power

Archaeis
November 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
OKay, we just saw him pop back into the present, so he is obviously gaining enough control with the time travel aspect of his powers. Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?

Or for that matter, just go back to the day he left.

Does he need more practice, or is is entirely random when he ends up?

the fifth man
November 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM
OKay, we just saw him pop back into the present, so he is obviously gaining enough control with the time travel aspect of his powers. Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?

Hiro is still learning to master his powers. Definitely getting better though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try something like that, unless he doesn't want to mess with the time/space continuum anymore.:)

ablevins425
November 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Hiro is still learning to master his powers. Definitely getting better though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try something like that, unless he doesn't want to mess with the time/space continuum anymore.:)

Yeah Hiro is all about the space time continum isn't he!!

Lady Snow
November 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Ando was there to see his father get killed and knows the exact time and place, so why wouldn't Hiro just zip back there and try and save his dad?

Maybe he will.

SaberBlade
November 8th, 2007, 12:58 AM
He could try and save his dad, which would be great. Unfortunately it does have the downside of Hiro is that they can't use him like that.

He could go back, stop time then find/kill Matt's father, Sylar, Ted and even Adam (once he learns about him) and keep the future this perfect world that we want it to be. If Hiro kept going back and fixing things, I think it would take a lot of the suspence and drama from the show if everything can just be undone. So I think Takei will only appear again if Hiro or Peter end up going back accidentally to some point.

The Prophet
November 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Well, it might turn out like Charlie, and he travels back in time, but can't do anything to prevent her from dying. If he had saved her from Sylar, her brain tumour would've finished her instead.

Although, he did manage to change the past so that New York was prevented from exploding... Just. Although, I'm still hoping that New York will still explode somehow, Hiro just delayed it slightly... I'm hoping it'll still turn out like it did in 5 Years Gone... There's another 4 1/2 years for NY to explode still.... ;)

So, if Hiro prevents his dad from dying, he'll just die some other way, later on.

/Likes the Final Destination approach to Heroes :P

IcyNeko
November 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
and then the series ends. with emo maya

YodaMate
November 12th, 2007, 04:32 AM
One of my pet Heroes theories is that Hiro's time travel is leaving "holes" in the continuum, if Hiro randomly travels he pops out through these holes.

Future Hiro presumably departed the future a number of times to investigate the past (it's likely that he visited the site of the daytime Bomb several times) and he definitely left to give the message to Peter. So when Hiro first time travels, by idly thinking of New York, he popped out the hole on Election Day.

Again, when Hiro teleports himself and Ando out of Linderman's hotel, they emerged through the hole in the future (at Isaac's loft, which is where Future Hiro was probably teleporting from).

Peter is also being affected by this. There will likely be more visits to 2008, or at least one to rescue Caitlin, and this created the hole they accidentally popped out through. The hole Peter made leaving for 2008 is both how he returned and what threw off Hiro on his long trip back ; i'd assume that Hiro was aiming for Ando just after the Bomb, but the Peter's hole diverted him to several months later instead

Archaeis
November 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I hate time travel.

Coco Pops
November 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
He could try and save his dad, which would be great. Unfortunately it does have the downside of Hiro is that they can't use him like that.

He could go back, stop time then find/kill Matt's father, Sylar, Ted and even Adam (once he learns about him) and keep the future this perfect world that we want it to be. If Hiro kept going back and fixing things, I think it would take a lot of the suspence and drama from the show if everything can just be undone. So I think Takei will only appear again if Hiro or Peter end up going back accidentally to some point.

if Hiro kept going back in time to fix stuff we could call the show 7 days :D

cheese
November 15th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Hiro knows that using his powers for that will only lead to trouble, he's only just managed to keep the space/time continum together in Japan. I don;t hink he'll be messing with it for a while.

On a side note, I also remember Seven Days. Kinda fun, but I bet if I watched it now it would seem really really bad.

SaberBlade
November 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I've watched Seven Days quite a few times over the years. It still has that charm to it.

It's hard to say really with Hiro. We've still not seen his fight with the dinosaur so I think there is still some tampering to be done.

Dutch_Razor
November 20th, 2007, 09:17 AM

2x09 Are you like Mendez? Maybe slightly different :P We got a hero on the forums! :P

IcyNeko
November 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM
2x09 Are you like Mendez? Maybe slightly different :P We got a hero on the forums! :P

With as obvious as the writing style has been for this season, everyone could be a hero.

tombombadil
November 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
out of curiosity does hiro no he can reverse time in a localized area? his eyes were closed when he made the gun "misfire" last season and when ando questioned him he said he thought it misfired

Coco Pops
November 20th, 2007, 04:44 PM
When Hiro blew up all the guns did the English guy vanish?

Because at the end of the episode he pops up in the present day? Same
voice, must be the same actor so how did that happen?

Archaeis
November 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM

His healing power has stopped his aging and hee has been alive for the past couple hundred years.

Coco Pops
November 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM
His healing power has stopped his aging and hee has been alive for the past couple hundred years.

Oh..... I wonder if he's related to the lovely Claire?

I wonder if he knows Hiro is back in the present and boy he must
be pissed.

Dutch_Razor
November 22nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
With as obvious as the writing style has been for this season, everyone could be a hero.

Woot I'm Hiro! :D

Hold back on the chocolate a bit :P (not meant to be taken seriously :P)

Tanduay
December 31st, 2007, 09:54 PM
It's hard to say really with Hiro. We've still not seen his fight with the dinosaur so I think there is still some tampering to be done.

I thought that too, but after waching it all again recently I noticed that when he stole the fake sword from the museum he ran into the dinosaur exhibit and that was a match for the paining. Nice joke really.

tombombadil
January 9th, 2008, 04:05 PM
the writers are going to have to be VERY careful so his time traveling doesn't do something that messes up the show

sem23
February 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM
One of my pet Heroes theories is that Hiro's time travel is leaving "holes" in the continuum, if Hiro randomly travels he pops out through these holes.Hiro power is great and no anyone same like Hiro.he is too powerfull.

kisstian
February 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
If Hiro had already met Charlie on her birthday, why didn't she know him six months later when he and Ando showed up at the diner on the day she was killed?

MarshAngel
February 5th, 2008, 05:57 AM
If Hiro had already met Charlie on her birthday, why didn't she know him six months later when he and Ando showed up at the diner on the day she was killed?
Oddly enough, they hadn't met yet. This is one of the most confusing events in the plot for me. Why was Ando still waiting for him later on?

I think what happened is that Hiro went back in time and met Charlie, yadda yadda. In the present, he and Charlie didnt actually meet as they did the first time around because he'd jumped out of the timeline altogether. So Ando and Hiro would have gone to the cafe, Hiro would disappear before meeting Charlie, Charlie is murdered and Ando waits for Hiro to get back.

maybe there is some other way this works out but I'm equally confused...mainly how Ando winds up alone in the cafe waiting. Does he know why he's waiting?

kisstian
February 5th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Oddly enough, they hadn't met yet. This is one of the most confusing events in the plot for me. Why was Ando still waiting for him later on?

I think what happened is that Hiro went back in time and met Charlie, yadda yadda. In the present, he and Charlie didnt actually meet as they did the first time around because he'd jumped out of the timeline altogether. So Ando and Hiro would have gone to the cafe, Hiro would disappear before meeting Charlie, Charlie is murdered and Ando waits for Hiro to get back.

maybe there is some other way this works out but I'm equally confused...mainly how Ando winds up alone in the cafe waiting. Does he know why he's waiting?

He did meet Charlie the second time around when he and Ando were on their way to save Claire. He spent time with her in the past. He helped at the diner, did the big origami trick, and gave her the ticket to Japan yet six months later she waited on him in the diner as if he was a perfect stranger. I think "Homecoming" was the episode where he first met her. Correct me if I'm wrong because that may not be it. I guess time travel is gonna leave a plot hole here and there. I'd rather sit back and enjoy the show than analyze the heck out of it anyway.

sem23
February 5th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Dude what a mind ! how do you think it, Brilliant mind.

rlr149
February 6th, 2008, 03:51 AM
is hiro stopping time, encompassing the universe? or is it a local effect?

if its everywhere i'd say he was the most powerful 'hero':cool:

Coco Pops
February 6th, 2008, 05:17 AM
is hiro stopping time, encompassing the universe? or is it a local effect?

if its everywhere i'd say he was the most powerful 'hero':cool:

If his effect occurs everywhere he is "god"

"runs off to escape ensuing argument"

MarshAngel
February 6th, 2008, 07:24 AM
He did meet Charlie the second time around when he and Ando were on their way to save Claire....

see what I mean about confusing. I was talking about the first time, before he went back to change everything. they hadn't met yet. We never did see the second meeting after the change. So unless the whole thing is an endless loop, they couldn't have met the first time we saw them together.. he wasn't in her birthday picture yet.

Coco Pops
February 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Why did Sylar kill the girl in the diner the first time Hro met her?

What was her power?

MarshAngel
February 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Why did Sylar kill the girl in the diner the first time Hro met her?

What was her power?
eidetic memory. She could absorb and recall everything she read, heard, saw etc. I want that power.

Coco Pops
February 7th, 2008, 05:17 PM
eidetic memory. She could absorb and recall everything she read, heard, saw etc. I want that power.

It's not a power.... It's a fancy word for photographic memory....

If this is a power I'd like to ditch it...... I remember a lot of things I
want to forget.... Most of it emotional stuff, conversations and stuff
that this time of year causes heartache

MarshAngel
February 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
It's not a power.... It's a fancy word for photographic memory....

If this is a power I'd like to ditch it...... I remember a lot of things I
want to forget.... Most of it emotional stuff, conversations and stuff
that this time of year causes heartache

It's a power if you get it by being a mutant. Yes people really have photographic memories but in the context of the series...this is a special gift.

Of course there are a few things I would prefer to forget but I would like to learn a few extra languages and a couple of other things.

Coco Pops
February 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
It's a power if you get it by being a mutant. Yes people really have photographic memories but in the context of the series...this is a special gift.

Of course there are a few things I would prefer to forget but I would like to learn a few extra languages and a couple of other things.

Oh yeah in terms of the TV series it's a power in that it's a picture
perfect ability to learn new skills and stuff. On that I agree.

cheese
February 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM
There's a novel called "Saving Charlie" which deals with Hiro and Charlie. I would presume this would explain exactly what happned.

When Ando and Hiro first meet Charlie he either has changed the timeline again and not interfered (after having his picture taken he ran away instead). Maybe the moment Hiro jumped back in time the waiting Ando remembered different events (different waitress or something)

Anyone read the book and know if it's covered? I haven't managed to get a copy yet

adam3780
February 23rd, 2008, 03:11 AM
it works if u think of it this way were time is a river and hero just makes a little time creek off the side in the main river she dosnt know him but in his little creek she does

Kelsey Mina
July 24th, 2008, 03:32 AM
The sword fighting rocks, but I think peter more then compensates with his other skills like if someone cuts hiro, he has to heal naturally.

While peter just regenerates. Or the fact that peter can fly, hear peoples thoughts (like that police dude)

Peter is all-around better hah

But hiro is def close to peter in my book :jack_new_anime07: