This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel Marshall Sumner

Hey I was talking with a few friends of mine a couple of days ago and we were talking about what the team would be like if Colonel Sumner wasn't killed.

My thought was the team would be Colonel Sumner who would be in command, Major Shepperd 2nd in command, Dr. McKay and Teyla.

The team would probably be Sumner, Ford, Bates and Sergeant Stackhouse with Sheppard being confined to base at all times under Sumner's orders. Playing with McKay and Ancient doohickeys

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I could see Bate's being left behind to stay as security chief. I think Weir would be pulling strings to get Sheppard on the team at all times as her eyes and ears. I think Sumner being hardcore military wouldn't exactly be the face to put on offworld activities as seen when Teyla warmed up to Sheppard but didn't like Sumner.

sigpic

Comment

Teyla, i think would have possibly not even joined Sheppard's team.

Sumner would have 'stonewald' Sheppard.
        Something tells me they might have had some history.
        Otherwise what's with the first remark Sumner makes to Sheppard in the gate room.

If he was just being a jerk. meh, but he's a good jerk.

Sheppard would have sided with Sumner for every military reason, but would act more friendly to Weir and stuck up for her like he did with Col. Everett.

Teyla probably would have gone off at Sumner too, maybe he would have copped a few, and Ford would be dead, because of a stupid Sumner mission.

Ronon, wouldn't be in the fold.
        sigpic
        i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

I think with Col. Sumner alive the show could have been better. First of all Robert Patrick is a damn good actor.

The team would probably consist of Col. Sumner (CO), Maj. Sheppard (2nd), Lt. Ford (explosives and weapons expert) and McKay or Zelenka (I can't think of a reason why Sumner would have any of them on his team but a team needs a geek) as the science geek. Ford would probably still be on the team (even in S4), Sheppard may have been confined to base after new Military Personell was availlable. Maj. Lorne would probably his 2nd now. Teyla would have been on the mainland with her people and Sumner would have shot Ronon on the first sign of trouble. That would actually make an interesting Alternate Universe episode.

Comment

ok gotta say that i love robert patrick and even sumner so this isn't really against him.

I'd say that if anything his team would have been all military. Sumner strikes me as being the type to not risk taking civilians along. It is possible even that sheppard would be on his team, Sumner would probably want him close by to reign him in. If nothing else i think sumner knew that shep was a good soldier even if he wasn't a good officer. Ford and bates are most likely to have been on the team after that. McKay and Teyla wouldn't have even got a look in. McKay would just be brought in when they found something of world and although sumner would be able to trust teyla, he probably wouldn#'t have her along on a team.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

True, i would have loved to see how he reacted to knowing she had the wraith gene, like what bates did.

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                Something tells me they might have had some history.
                Otherwise what's with the first remark Sumner makes to Sheppard in the gate room.
                most likly he read sheppards record and knew about his black mark for not following orders.

afterall, if ur commander, than u would want to know about all the ppl ur in charge of

Comment

Originally posted by Cycrow View Post
                  most likly he read sheppards record and knew about his black mark for not following orders.

afterall, if ur commander, than u would want to know about all the ppl ur in charge of
                  yeah i thought of that,but i thought it would be interesting if Sumner was one of Sheppard's commanding officer in his past, and they had a bit of a 'tiff' before.

Although Sumner, did start to warm up to him on Athos, did you not notice the cheeky smile Sumner had after Sheppard's comment.(i forget which ones.)
                  sigpic
                  i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Since John Shepperd was brought in by Gen.O'Neill and the fact that he has the Ancient Gene, Dr.Weir would of convinced Colonel Sumner to have him on his team. Then John would of
                    told him that they would need someone to help him them when they go exploring, thats how Teyla comes in and the fact that McKay is the smartest man in Atlantis, he would of been put on the team by Dr.Weir no matter what Sumner said.

Comment

Working...
                    X