X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theater: Kate Hewlett in "Humans Anonymous" in NYC Nov 1-18

HUMANS ANONYMOUS

Synopsis:
    From Canadian playwright Kate Hewlett and critically acclaimed The Bridge Theatre Company comes Humans Anonymous, winner of Best of Fringe and Best Ensemble at the 2006 Toronto Fringe Festival.

"A deeper, smarter, indie Friends!" - Eye Weekly

One is afraid of loneliness; two is afraid of happiness; three is afraid of ignorance; four is afraid of judgment; five is afraid of gremlins...even the nice ones. One loves four; three loves two; five loves cats. Can five over-caffeinated humans stumble their way to a fear-free future? When an uptight businesswoman who prefers lattes to love meets a sexually-experimental young genius looking for Mrs. Perfect, there is more than just coffee brewing. With the assistance of a dry-witted best friend, his feline-obsessed sister and five addictive personalities, happiness is only twelve steps away. Humans Anonymous is a heartbreaking new comedy about friendship, fear, love...and caffeine.

Box Office Hours: 1 hour before showtime

Runs Nov 1-18, 8pm each night

THEATRE 54 @ Shetler Studios
    244 West 54th Street, 12th Fl
    New York, NY 10019

Ticket Price Info:
    $18.00 + $2.55 service charge

Order Tickets By Phone:
    212-352-3101

Transportation:
    1/9, C/E to 50th Street;
    A/B/D to Columbus Circle,
    N/R to 57th Street
    Grand Central to Times Square, then N/R

PHOTOS of outside of theater in case you’re new to town

http://www.michaelminn.net/newyork/i...eatres/Midtown

Anybody else going? I've got tickets for the 10th. If you've seen it and want to comment, please use spoiler tags for those of us who haven't seen it yet. thanks!!

You can find a poster from the play at Kate's blog at

http://loft-in-translation.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a note. Very funny play! And nwo with the stagehands on strike on Broadway, it's one of few plays actually still running. Ends this coming Sunday (18th) so if you're going into the city, you should try to see it.

Comment

I saw her play on the first night when it was in previews. It was absolutely awesome and if there's time, people really should go and see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          I saw her play on the first night when it was in previews. It was absolutely awesome and if there's time, people really should go and see it.
          Definitely, and with Broadway down... if you've got tickets to a play that's shut, refund 'em and do this play.

Meanwhile, I *think* I saw another fan at the play. White sweater with possibly a Stargate necklace, but I only spotted her in passing and don't know where she ended up sitting. Anybody from here??

Comment

A couple of reviews, mostly favorable and both encouraging attendance.

This one has what I think is only one spoiler by being a little too descriptive of one of the characters. It calls Kate, "a promising new playwright."

This reviewer gives away a lot of the show.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I wrote up my account of attending the play at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/134996.html

Now that I"ve seen the play, I can read all the spoilerish reviews.

Comment

I saw the play while attending the NJ Stargate con earlier this month. It was my first play and it was really good. Kate was nice enough to have the cast stay afterwards and answer questions, take pixs and sign autographs.

If the opportunity arises to go see this play its definately worth it!
                sigpic

Comment

It ends on Sunday, so hurry!

Also, when I spoke with Kate, we spoke about the con (which she enjoyed) and she said she didn't really know if people like it or not as hadn't heard much feedback, so if you saw her at the con, or the play, just hop on over to her Twitter and leave some feedback. I'm sure she'd appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X