What happened to Sylar's powers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Sylar's powers?

We're several episodes into the season now and anyone reading this will already know he lost them, so please don't load this thing up with spoiler tags.

So, we have this odd contrast of Peter loosing his memory (and waking up with the Haitian's nacklace) and Sylar loosing his powers. Since we still don't know for certain what Sylar does to acquire his powers, maybe we should start there.

-It doesn't seem that he is suffering from this plague
    -it's doubtful that Candice did anything that could effect his powers.
    -The Haitian has been out of the company since last season, so he didn't erase the memory of how to use them.

Maybe Hiro's impaling hit some area of the body vital for Sylar's power/DNA storage? What are some other theories?
    sigpic

I heard someone on the forum gave a prettty good theory, that Sylar is patient 0 for the drug they wanted to give Monica.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
      I heard someone on the forum gave a prettty good theory, that Sylar is patient 0 for the drug they wanted to give Monica.
      That's very possible. Candice was an agent of the Company, after all, so she could have been experimenting on Sylar on their behalf.

But if that's the case, we now know the drug doesn't work forever. During the car ride, when the camera focused on Sylar, you could hear a clock ticking. This implies that at the very least, he still posesses intuitive aptitude (his core ability).
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Never really thought about it but the Haitian could have been the perfect way to have stopped sylar in season one when they had him detained. Just make him forget everything he learned.

heck even involuntary powers are gone now, if he retained his powers he would have learned spanish by now because of what he took from Charlie. (kind of like the Nox i guess)
        Last edited by 2ndgenerationalteran; 07 November 2007, 09:15 PM.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think he still has the know how things work power because he knew how Candice power was so I think he still has that one but not any of the others somehow
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I like the idea that Sylar is patient zero.

I had always thought that Sylar was just wounded too badly and because of that his system was just screwed up too much. He knew about Candice and tried to take her powers so it suggests that his own powers are working but it's possible that whatever happened to him while recovering made him lose these abilities, as if his body couldn't handle the brain matter he took them from and possibly attacked it as he was too sick to remain in control of them.

sigpic

Comment

I two think sylar is a test subject 4 the virus.

I also think he is the 1 responsable 4 the Outbreak of the Virus.
              Atm Niki is Contained in the company so thats not likely to spread but so far Every1 except Maya and her Brother that has come into contact with sylar is dead and every1 that comes near them Dies too, So far Virus Contained.
              Also Alejandro's Power seems to have like an Area effect Perhaps this is nulifying the Virus and keeping Sylar alive even if he doesn't know he is doing it. ehh just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Baalthazar View Post
                I two think sylar is a test subject 4 the virus.

I also think he is the 1 responsable 4 the Outbreak of the Virus.
                Atm Niki is Contained in the company so thats not likely to spread but so far Every1 except Maya and her Brother that has come into contact with sylar is dead and every1 that comes near them Dies too, So far Virus Contained.
                Also Alejandro's Power seems to have like an Area effect Perhaps this is nulifying the Virus and keeping Sylar alive even if he doesn't know he is doing it. ehh just a theory.

That's actually not a bad thought. It's possible that sylar takes her powers, and that combined with the virus infects a large mass of people, beginning the outbreak.
                sigpic

Comment

I think they infected him with the Shanti virus, that way they know he can't do anything.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Well, Bob and Adam were talking in today's episode about a vaccine to suppress powers. That sounded different from the Shanti Virus. Maybe they gave him that?
                    sigpic

Comment

I've two conclusions to this...

1) He was a test subject like many of you have stated.

or

2) He can't use his powers, because he needs some sort of will power. If you remember, Hiro couldn't use his powers at one stage, at least, not until he had that Sword in his posession. Maybe there is something similar here, and Sylar needs to find something in order to regain his powers?
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                        I've two conclusions to this...

1) He was a test subject like many of you have stated.

or

2) He can't use his powers, because he needs some sort of will power. If you remember, Hiro couldn't use his powers at one stage, at least, not until he had that Sword in his posession. Maybe there is something similar here, and Sylar needs to find something in order to regain his powers?
                        He needs cockroaches, wait till he gets back to NYC, his powers will come back because of all the roaches nearby

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                          That's actually not a bad thought. It's possible that sylar takes her powers, and that combined with the virus infects a large mass of people, beginning the outbreak.
                          I actually have a wild theory about Alejandro's power. I think it can not only erase Maya's "Black Tears of Death" disease but that he could also cure the virus. However, before anyone knows that he has this power, Sylar kills him and sets it up as an accident so that Maya has to rely on him instead of her brother. This then sets it up for the "good guys" ( I bet there never has been a story about superheroes where this distinction between good guys/bad guys has been this difficult to see) to need Sylar to solve the virus problem.

Regarding how Sylar lost his powers: Maybe Candace was giving him the cocktail of pills (or injecting him with them) that Peter was on in "Four Months Ago" that were suppressing his powers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X