This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Stargate

I don't know if this is posted anywhere before, but here it goes.

The real creators of STARGATE, Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich are in negotiations to produce two sequels to the original STARGATE movie. Many have thought INDEPENDENCE DAY is one such sequel, this is incorrect.

STARGATE was originally meant to be a trilogy, which was conceived as such before MGM commissioned Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner to produce a television series of the origin Devlin-Emmerich film.

Dean Devlin has stated that the sequels will not interfere with what has been established in STARGATE: SG1 and STARGATE: ATLANTIS and Kurt Russel and James Spader have both expressed interest in the project.

Full article here: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=37194

I personally can't wait for the Devlin-Emmerich sequels and would love to see what these brilliant film-makers had and have in mind.

Let's face it, without Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, there would be no Stargate: SG1 or Stargate: Atlantis etc.
    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
    AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
    AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Without them there would be no Stargate, but they did jack all towards SG1 and SGA.

But in the future you should check the dates of the artice. "12:00 AM, 21-JULY-06" it's from last year, and the movies aren't being done because MGM optioned SG1 movies instead.

sigpic

Comment

i just posted a thread about this 2 days ago

Comment

He'll never get his movies made, it's just Devlin mouthing off again...

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
          Dean Devlin has stated that the sequels will not interfere with what has been established in STARGATE: SG1 and STARGATE: ATLANTIS and Kurt Russel and James Spader have both expressed interest in the project.
          Unfortunately for Mr Devlin, his interest, along with Russel's and Spader's, is pretty much irrelevant if MGM choose not to allow the movies to be made, as they are well within their rights to do.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            He'll never get his movies made, it's just Devlin mouthing off again...
            I have to agree. As long as Atlantis is showing, the SG-1 movies are being made and there is hope of a third series, MGM are unlikely to allow Devlin to make his proposed movies and by the time the SG-1 movies, Atlantis and Stargate Universe are done, it will probably have been too long.

Comment

Interesting comments...
              THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
              AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
              AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

I don't know if this is posted anywhere before, but here it goes.
                Old news. VERY old news. And as far as we know, nothing ever came of it.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                  Exactly. Plus spader said he felt the script for the stargate movie was simply awful but was strapped for cash at the time and said somtimes in life you just gotta do things for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                    Nothing was ever going to come of it without Devlin being allowed permission to make the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                      Exactly. Plus spader said he felt the script for the stargate movie was simply awful but was strapped for cash at the time and said somtimes in life you just gotta do things for the money.
                      I hadn't heard that? Was it the script in general he had a problem with or his character's part?

If he did dislike the script, I'm sure that he's not the first actor to take a part he didn't really want, and he won't be the last.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/movies/01.shtml

Very bottom quote.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          Thanks for the link.

Comment

i'm glad that my original thread started other threads on the supposed to be movies, but everyone is giving Dean Devlin all the credit, but it was co-written and directed by Roland Emmerich, saw something that he wrote the basis of Stargate when he was in college in the early 70s.

in the series if it ever got done, it would branch off what would have happened if sg-1 would never have formed, remember they formed only when apophis attacked through the stargate in the beginning of the pilot, that would never have happened.

it's just an interesting idea, in the original thread i started, i read on what Emmerich said in an interview, he talked to Kurt Russell and James Spader and they both still wanted to do a sequel. i thought it would be interesting if it happened to see how it was gonna be, like in an alternate universe.

but it will never happen cause of sg-1 and atlantis.
                            Last edited by Nitegate; 05 November 2007, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I personally can't wait for the Devlin-Emmerich sequels and would love to see what these brilliant film-makers had and have in mind.
                              That's pretty generous, considering the body of work these two have come up with:

- Universal Soldier (RE)
                              - Stargate (DD/RE)
                              - Independence Day (DD/RE)
                              - Godzilla (DD/RE)
                              - The Patriot (DD/RE)
                              - Eight Legged Freaks (DD/RE)
                              - The Day After Tomorrow (RE)

Not exactly A-list material, there. Pretty much all these guys are good for is scaring up a huge FX budget, hiring some big name actors, and giving them a half-baked script to work with.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X