This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Australians on Atlantis

Hi all just became a gateworld member and been reading all the threads i can.

I'd just like to make one comment about stargate atlantis and its to do with the lack of australian presence on atlantis and on the I.O.A. Theres the Americans, British, Russians, Chinese, French just to name a few. But no Aussies. lol.

I mean australia has some of the best scientists in the world and we are big allies of the USA.

Anywho thats my first rant hope there will be many more.

Originally posted by startrekfreek View Post

I'd just like to make one comment about stargate atlantis and its to do with the lack of australian presence on atlantis and on the I.O.A. Theres the Americans, British, Russians, Chinese, French just to name a few. But no Aussies. lol.

I mean australia has some of the best scientists in the world and we are big allies of the USA.

Yeah.. they should introduce a really hot aussie lass to atlantis... Definatly to the scientist department working with Zelenka... tick Mckay right off!

Comment

Several Aussies and Kiwis have been spotted trolling the halls of Atlantis in the background.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

spotted maybe...but speaking rolls? zilch...it's not like we're gonna' run out crazy and start wrestling wraith..."OH WHAT A WRAITH...YOU BEAUTY"...Australians are cool and we don't wrestle things...just thought I'd clear that up

But yeah, a role at least once...an Aussie wit would be pretty cool, not to mention it would shut people like me up and stop me from talking incoheirently like THIS.
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I agree with you.

But the aussie character would have to be shown as aussies really are and not be used as a brunt of poor jokes type character.
          What Americans fail to realize is that it was the aussies, that proved light can actually travel Faster-Than-Light. It was the aussies, that successfully performed a teleportation experiment. It was the aussies that first implimented Stem Cell research in the treatment of a patient's heart condition.

Anyway, aussies are ahead when it comes to science and medicine, so an aussie scientist on Stargate: Atlantis would be appreciated and being smarter than McKay would be more realistic.

How's that for a rant? lol
          THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
          AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
          AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

There should be some more New Zealanders on Atlanis as well lol
            sigpic

Comment

Actually there are Australians on Atlantis. I can't remember the episodes but there were a couple of scientists with the Aussie flag on their uniform.
              sigpic
              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
              Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                If they start sending New Zealandians to space, there won't be enough of them left at home to keep the lights on. Your total population is half that of New York City, for crying out loud It kind of goes also for us Israelis, of course, although we're only a million people short of New York.

Seriously though, I think they should internationalize the security personnel of Atlantis, not just the scientists. It doesn't make sense that the Marines alone would bear the whole of the burden; it would soon create the situation when too many people in the Marine Corps knew about Atlantis, and it's only a matter of time until the info would be leaked out. It'd be more logical to bring in soldiers from the special forces of other states involved in the project, to ease the manpower burden on the Marines and to prevent too large a group of people "in the know" from being formed in one place.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I think that the us assies shouldn't only be in the science department, though god knows we deserve it. It would be good to get a australian into an of world team or security. If their was a speeking part for an australian i don't think we kneed to be greedy. The time on camera that katie brown has or Heightmeyer. Or even that anoying ponytailed man that we all really love to hate Kavanagh. Just in two or three episodes were they say a meaningful line.
                  Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by ebethman
                  Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                  Originally posted by Bray
                  *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

I agree with Womble, Atlantis should become more internationalised, we only ever see people from a few countries. The only thing is however that the more countries who are represented, the more languages are going to be spoken and this could lead to a problem in communication.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                      They'd get too lonely, what with there being no sheep in the Pegasus Galaxy...

*Runs*
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post

*Runs*

ROFL! that's so true

But we could bring some life to Atlantis us Aussies, have a beer and a BBQ on the balcony in the city, good times....good times....(ponders)
                        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by startrekfreek View Post
                          First of all...welcome to GW!!!
                          I think I might volunteer my services to Bridge Studios/MGM and the Stargate Franchise...I'll work for minimum wage on the set if they want me!!!
                          I'm sure I could contribute in some way...maybe we all need to rally together and ask TPTB for a more prominent aussie presence in Atlantis!! I'll be more than happy to oblige!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post

*Runs*
                            There is more to New Zealand that just a lot of sheep you know lol.
                            I think there are more sheep in Australia anyway.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              I think I might volunteer my services to Bridge Studios/MGM and the Stargate Franchise...I'll work for minimum wage on the set if they want me!!!
                              I can beat that! I'll work for nothing lol

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              I'm sure I could contribute in some way...maybe we all need to rally together and ask TPTB for a more prominent aussie presence in Atlantis!! I'll be more than happy to oblige!!
                              Same here! We know where one of them can be contacted, I believe he goes by the name JM lol

Oh and I agree that there need's to be a greater Aussie presents in Atlantis. We are leaders in so many fields after all. And boy do we know how to have fun. With all those wraith and asuran problems they sure need some more fun over there to keep their minds off it and we could really fit in!

And welcome to the forum startrekfreek!
                              sigpic
                              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Working...
                              X