This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will RDA do more than one movie?

Do you think Continuum will mark O'Neill's full-time return as a supporting character? Since he only left SG-1 to spend time with his daughter, and filming Continuum only took a few weeks, why not do more movies? Obviously you can't have him running around in the field like the old days, but he could be visiting the SGC for the events of the movie or perhaps film just a few scenes on a White House or Pentagon set. Keep in mind I'm not saying he should do more than one movie, but if he had a lot of fun filming Continuum, he may want to do another movie.

I would hope that RDA would be involved with the films after Continuum. As much as I liked S9-10, when I rewatch older seasons I realize its just not the same with out him.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      I would hope that RDA would be involved with the films after Continuum. As much as I liked S9-10, when I rewatch older seasons I realize its just not the same with out him.
      I totally agree, hopefully RDA's gonna be involved with any future movies. SG-1 without him is just so much...different. it's another team with some new people I know, and they're cool too. but you can't replace O'Neill!
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think it's up to TPTB. He certainly wants to as I've read on October 26th 2007 note on his site...
        Last edited by silkie; 04 November 2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if he did but I just don't like the animosity towards the cast and TPTB if the movies aren't all about Jack/RDA. He is just 1 character, I agree if it was not for RDA we would not have the Stargate franchise we know and love today just hero worship towards RDA and the mean spirited comments toward the anything that doesn't involve him makes me sick. I enjoy Jack/RDA but I enjoy the other characters/actors too even the ones who came after RDA left main cast. I enjoy Stargate as a whole, seasons 9 and 10 were better for me than seasons 6,7,8. I think RDA was best as Jack in seasons 1 thru 5.
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

The only reason they wouldn't include him would be due to budgetary restrictions. And since he'll surely be a "draw," I doubt he'll cost more than he'll bring in.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

I completely agree with you here. Seasons 1-8 were amazing and that wasn't just because of RDA/Jack but he did play a part in why I loved those seasons a lot more than the latter two. If there are plans for future movies after Continuum and RDA would be happy to be a part of them (which I think he is) it would be crazy not have him be an integral part of SG1's future. For me and I think a lot of other fans SG1 is better with RDA/Jack than without.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

It's always possible that when RDA could return. If anything, I do believe that movies have a better chance than SGA.

Since a movie would have a longer schedule, it would allow RDA to show up whenever he's got free time to film. It would also allow him to film some one week, come back the next week for more and so forth. It wouldn't be like that for the show, because they've got strict schedules so if RDA couldn't be there when they wanted him for Atlantis, then we don't get him at all.

The fact that a movie would give him more freedom would be a great thing when it comes to RDA because he left SG1 for one of the best possible reasons and a movie would allow him to still spend time with his daughter as he could film weeks and go home weekends like he did with SG1 (which is a travel plan I don't envy) but i've always got the sense that RDA likes to please the fans because even after leaving SG1, he's returned and returned and every time he's spent more time on the show so maybe with a movie we could get a full on, proper lead role for him.

sigpic

Comment

It would definitely be nice to see him in more than 1.

Comment

Agreed, but much as I would like to hope for more of RDA and Jack, we don't even know that there are going to be other movies, so it's impossible to predict whether or not RDA will be in them until we see how the first two do - if Continuum sells significantly better than Ark of Truth and RDA's presence is well-received, then TPTB may decide to bring him onboard for the next one, but if the reverse happens, they may decide against it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I would hope to see him in more then 1 RDA the best he was amazing in SG1 S1 to 8 he's 1 of the main reasons I watched the showno person can ever replace JACK O'NEIL

Comment

I honestly don't think RDA is up to it, *mod snip* he can't portray O'Neill properly anymore in my opinion.
                        Last edited by kiwigater; 04 November 2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I honestly don't think RDA is up to it, {mod snip} he can't portray O'Neill properly anymore in my opinion.
                          His performance showed me otherwise in SGA's 'The Return pt 2' with...

Spoiler:
                          The underwater sequences.

He is a versatile actor and has adjusted his performance to reflect his age and therefore plays O'Neill differently. To me he is and always will be O'Neill and I hope to see more of him.
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 04 November 2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I absolutely loved Seasons 9 and 10, and really came to like the chemistry of the "new" SG-1. However, seeing O'Neill from time to time wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't mind seeing him play a role in a future SG-1 movie at all.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              His performance showed me otherwise in SGA's 'The Return pt 2' with...

Spoiler:
                              The underwater sequences.

He is a versatile actor and has adjusted his performance to reflect his age and therefore plays O'Neill differently. To me he is and always will be O'Neill and I hope to see more of him.
                              I actually didn't think he looked all that great in the Return, either, and I am a major O'Neill fan. Also, it was just one joke after another and that was just old after a while, IMHO. The old Jack did crack a lot of jokes,but there was a lot more to him than just that. In fact, I downloaded The Return fromiTunes and then just tossed it today because I didn't like either his acting or his appearance. I didn't care for The Shroud for those reasons, either, but I still have it. 200 was much better, though, he really seemed like himself, if you know what I mean.

So I hope that we get O'Neill in more movies after Continuum but I also hope that RDA is motivated to play the characters well. I've no idea why he didn't shine last year, maybe a year-long vacation was too much. I would rather see him in top form or not at all. I do have my cherished illusions to preserve, you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X