Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many SG-1 movies do you think there will be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many SG-1 movies do you think there will be?

Star Trek continued with six feature films, seven if you count Generations. In 2008, Star Trek will have a prequel movie. Star Trek: The Next Generation continued with four feature films. This has led me to wonder how many movies SG-1 will get assuming the DVD's sell well. We know there will be at least two, and all six members of the main cast seem to be interested in this becoming an ongoing film series.

This has led me to wonder how many movies SG-1 will get assuming the DVD's sell well.
    Over 9000...

But seriously, I doubt we'll see more than 3 or 4 Sg-1 movies. Just a hunch.

Comment

Four movies wouldn't be a bad run. The first two resolve the Ori and Ba'al, then the next two could focus on something new or minor unresolved plots from the show.

Comment

1 or two more for SG-1
        maybe 1 for Altantis in 2 or 3 years. Perhaps a Real Movie Pilot for that new mysterious series. So in total, around 3 or 4 more after Ark of Truth and Continuuim(sp?).
        [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
        HARRIMAN
        I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
        [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
        HARRIMAN
        So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

I'd say 2 movies a year for 3 years, so 6 movies in total. Ofcourse they could always do more than 2 a year, say even just 3 a year so could be 9 movies, there's certainly more stories to tell.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say two a year for the forseeable future. There are plenty of SG-1 stories to be told, and if what RCC says is true, that there is almost no way for these movies to not make money to MGM's liking, then it is not that far fetched to think these films could go on indefinatly. Maybe after SGA ends in 6 years then they will have some films of that too. And there is no reason we couldn't have SGA and SG-1 movies coming out at the same time.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-25CSAR View Post
              1 or two more for SG-1
              maybe 1 for Altantis in 2 or 3 years. Perhaps a Real Movie Pilot for that new mysterious series. So in total, around 3 or 4 more after Ark of Truth and Continuuim(sp?).
              I was asking about SG-1 in paticular, not SG in general. I don't think we'll see an SG:A movie while the show is on the air. I think SG:U will begin with a feature-length like SG-1 and SG:A did, not with a movie.

To everyone else: two movies per year sounds reasonable since direct-to-DVD movies can be made quicker (and still look great) than theatrical movies. However, once SG:A ends, that could mean a swap from SG-1 to SG:A movies or one SG-1 and one SG:A movie per year.

Comment

I think as many as Michael Shanks will agree to. Amanda is staying with the franchise anyway. Chris likes doing SG. Even RDA wants to do more, and his dance card is free due to his partial retirement. MS is the only one looking to branch out into mainstream A-list TV & Films, so it's really up to him.

I wouldn't be thrilled with an SG movie without Daniel (or any of the core 4 for that matter). I know Ark of Truth is missing RDA, but it's kind of necessary to have S10 SG-1 finish the Ori arc.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Make A Thousand Movies That Would Be Wkd!!!:d:d:d:d
                  sigpic
                  [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

At least 2, maybe 3 a year.

Comment

I guess it really depends.

I could see about two each year, but it's possible they could do more if the cast schedules allowed it. I also think that they could even end up doing just one, really long mini series a year if they were to pool their funding and create something like Dune.

sigpic

Comment

I'd rather have episodic movies than an ongoing mini-series. Besides, people are more likely to pick up one or more movies at the video store than a mini-series box set which will be far more expensive.

Comment

Didn't the Star Trek movies, or at least some of them, show in the cinema first? Whatever about Voyager and the original series, TNG did very well in terms of viewers - nearly 27 million people tuned in for the pilot, and it was the #1 syndicated show in the last three years of its run - and DS9 was, according to wiki, the top first-run drama series in syndication. It seems to have maintained ratings comfortably over the 4.0 mark for its last season. Star Trek also seems to be a bigger "name" than Stargate, so their franchise has a significant advantage when it comes to movies, as they can count on more people watching them. The first Star Trek movie was also released in 1979 - ten years after the original series ended, so they had more time to garner new viewers through syndication.

If the DVDs sell well, then another movie or two might be possible but they will need all of the Season Ten team members, and appearances by Jack would be a bonus, and (a) they may not be able to get all the actors back, even with Continuum, didn't MS have to be accomodated?, and (b) how do they come up with reasons for characters like Jack and Sam, who have moved on, to return?

Of course, one possibility is that it will be Atlantis movies they will make next.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

They won't make Atlantis movies next, Atlantis has another season to deal with, in that season if any movies are made they'll be more SG-1 ones or possibly a crossover movie.

Comment

I'd say 2 or 3 but more would be great

Comment

Working...
                              X