PDA

View Full Version : Will 2x11 Will Be The Season Finale ?

DeanWinchester
November 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
I've heard that NBC has shut down production on Heroes. They were in the middle of shooting Episodes 13 and 14. They were asked to reshoot the ending to Episode 11 (which ends the "Generations" volume) to be a season-ender.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/41610241/m/20010238

Oreo
November 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
The way the show is gonig it could be the series finale.

And they are shutting down only because of the strike, 11 episodes is half a season. The strike will most likely last for several months, so I would stock up on DVDs now, nothing else will be on.

ShadowMaat
November 2nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
If it's the mid-season break, it'll probably work out. We get another month of new eps and then go on hiatus through the winter and that should give the strike enough time to work itself out. If it's still ongoing when production is set to start up again, that might be a problem, but for now I'm willing to attribute the rumor to strike jitters.

The Prophet
November 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Isn't Heroes: Origins suppost to fill in the mid-season hiatus~ thing?

Trek_Girl42
November 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Heroes:Origins was supposed to pick up immediately after season two ends, however that project has been put on the shelf for now.

I hope the writers strike is resolved soon, but I do support them striking. The demands that I've heard of seem perfectly reasonable, and I hope that's recognized, in fact I was rather shocked to read that at the moment they get absolutely nothing from DVD sales. :S

ShadowMaat
November 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Heroes:Origins was supposed to pick up immediately after season two ends, however that project has been put on the shelf for now.
Yeah, I'm thinking this might be what caused the confusion. I know I saw one headline (I think it was on E! Online) that said Heroes had shut down... but when you clicked on the link it was about Heroes: Origins.

EDIT: Or it could be that the rumor was dead on. Ausiello confirmed it. (http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049)

Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike.

I still think there's time to save things, but... I guess we'll see.

Buddhawasanancient
November 3rd, 2007, 06:07 AM
The demands that I've heard of seem perfectly reasonable, and I hope that's recognized, in fact I was rather shocked to read that at the moment they get absolutely nothing from DVD sales. :S

Actually what I heard is they currently get .03% of DVD sales and they are asking for .06%. I hope they sort this out soon. I don't want to wait till next Sept for Volume 3...

Oreo
November 3rd, 2007, 06:36 AM

I like how no one seems to care when I posted it was canceled!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48335

Xicer
November 3rd, 2007, 06:47 AM
Like ShadowMaat said, it looks like its been confirmed by TVGuide.

SyFy Portal (http://www.syfyportal.com/news424386.html) Has an article on this:

'Heroes' Season 2 Could Be Cut In Half

In terms of the writers strike, it seems that Hollywood is preparing for the worst.

SyFy Portal was tipped off to a report that production had halted on the set of "Heroes," and that producers were asked to go back and modify the ending of its 11th episode. That report appears to be true, reports TV Guide's Michael Ausiello.

"Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike," Ausiello said. "Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current 'Generations' arc."

At the time of the stoppage, production was between the 13th and 14th episodes of the second season, according to reports made to SyFy Portal. However, days after NBC pulled the plug -- at least for now -- on the spinoff "Heroes: Origins," it seems that the network is not interested in leaving the audience hanging through what could be a protracted writers strike. By ending the season at the end of the "Generations" arc, which started at the tail end of the show's first season, "Heroes" may be better able to bring fans into what might be a third season following a shortened second season.

But there is still a chance that Episode 11 won't be the season finale, Ausiello says.

"Should an 11th-house agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alt ending would likely be scrapped."

"Heroes" has been suffering from a severe ratings decline since the start of the second season, which has led some to speculate the moves of potentially ending the second season early while scrapping "Origins" could be more related to ratings than to the strike.

Jonzey
November 4th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I'm actually really worried about Heroes now. All I keep reading is how rubbish it is now and how the ratings have gone waaaay down. And now Origins is cancelled too. Makes me think they're gonna finish what they've got and then it wont be coming back ever. It's a shame people can't handle a serialised show for more than one season.

And I'll admit so far season 2 hasn't been great, but it's getting better. All they need to do is kill West and those annoying Honduran twins and it would be great.

ShadowMaat
November 4th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I think someone's trying to get a paper crane campaign going, although I still think that's a bit... premature.

Jonzey
November 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Paper cranes? I thought that was Prison Break...

We should all send them Nissan Versas :)

ShadowMaat
November 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Paper cranes? I thought that was Prison Break...
Haven't seen Prison Break, so I can't say, but there was that ep last season where Hiro stopped time to make a thousand paper cranes for Charlie and that's where the idea comes from... although I don't know how on board the dexterity-challenged are with that plan. ;) Me, I couldn't make one even when I had an instructor standing there explaining all the steps. *sigh*

The Prophet
November 4th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I like how no one seems to care when I posted it was canceled!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48335

Excuse me for finding this thread in New Posts and not checking the rest of the Sub-Forum first :)

IcyNeko
November 4th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Maybe Maya will drown in a pool of her own emotears.

DeanWinchester
November 5th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Heroes will officially end this season on December 3rd

http://digg.com/television/Confirmed_Heroes_Season_2_To_End_Officially_on_December_03

This is different from "Heroes: Origins" Oreo this is the actual show & not a spin off coming to an end early this year.

YodaMate
November 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM
From what i understand, the writer's guild has a very strong mandate in pursuing this strike (something like over 90% approval from members). The studios will surely realise this, which improves the odds of a deal being struck in the near future.

Of course, on the other hand the studios may be too zealous (greedy idiots also springs to mind) to back down. But i would suspect that once presented with the reality of the strike, there will be a deal struck very quickly. At this point, they do NOT want a repeat of the fiasco in the 80s, which could cost them dearly.

LoneStar1836
November 5th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I wonder if this was what Tim Kring was referring to on G4's little post show Saturday night. He mentioned something about episode 11 wrapping up a lot of questions from this first half of the season. Though he didn't mention anything about the season being cut short.

I don't see this strike being resolved in a month's time.

Oh well, bring on episode 11, either version, because it sounds like a good one.

Oreo
November 5th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Heroes will officially end this season on December 3rd

http://digg.com/television/Confirmed_Heroes_Season_2_To_End_Officially_on_December_03

This is different from "Heroes: Origins" Oreo this is the actual show & not a spin off coming to an end early this year.

Newbies....

:rolleyes:

the fifth man
November 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I really hope this strike is brought to a speedy resolution. I would really hate it if a lot of shows I enjoy were cut short due to it, including Heroes.

IcyNeko
November 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Jeepers Could The Plotline Be Any More Predictable?

Oreo
November 6th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I really hope this strike is brought to a speedy resolution. I would really hate it if a lot of shows I enjoy were cut short due to it, including Heroes.

A lot of people call me negative, but the writers will not give in, and the studios suck so I think this TV season, and next, will really be hurting.

Heroes will most likely end on December 3rd.

24 only has 8 episodes done, and might not be shown at all
If 24 isn't shown what happens to Terminator Show?

Lost has 8-11 episodes out of 16 an ABC hasn't said what will happen to that, but it doesn't look good.

Brothers and Sisters creators wrote a blog before the strike saying they really rushed to make the 13th episode (I think) be the best yet because it could be the season finale.

Even if the strike ends within 6 weeks it takes awhile to get the episodes written, so if the strike isn't done by sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas the season for most shows will be done or maybe never started. Most say if the strike isn't over by November TV as we know it will be for the season.

IcyNeko
November 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
The writing for the episodes that have been made has been miserable at best. :(

the fifth man
November 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM
The writing for the episodes that have been made has been miserable at best. :(

Some episodes haven't exactly been amazing, but personally, I wouldn't go so far as to call them miserable. I think this season is just starting to really pick up steam. That's why it is such a shame this strike could jeopardize all of that.

BeckettRulez
November 8th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Yes, I also think so. Most of them were not so good as in season one but they are ok. I'm still waiting for the better ones from episode to episode, and it worked a bit;-)

But I really hope that Heroes doesn't end with episode 11. That would truly suck. We waited so long for answers and then a strike comes and everything goes wacky.

GATEGOD
November 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
god i wish it was true!

IcyNeko
November 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Some episodes haven't exactly been amazing, but personally, I wouldn't go so far as to call them miserable. I think this season is just starting to really pick up steam. That's why it is such a shame this strike could jeopardize all of that.

Maya y Alejandro = Miserable.

If I could have my own ability, I would want the power to drain the myspace.com stupidity out of Maya. Maybe then she could be a passable character, instead of being an emo crapstorm.

The Signal
November 9th, 2007, 11:08 AM
How is that even remotely relevant to the potential early ending of S2? I'm not disagreeing here (I wouldn't say miserable, but the writing is well below the standardof last season IMO), but it's more than a little off topic.

As for the early end, "Generations" was meant to end at 11 anyway, right? They said quite a while back that it wouldn't take all 22 (or more, not sure without checking) episodes, so I'm not all that fusssed. Though we're getting less Heroes action, at least the ending will be a natural one.