Will 2x11 Will Be The Season Finale ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 2x11 Will Be The Season Finale ?

I've heard that NBC has shut down production on Heroes. They were in the middle of shooting Episodes 13 and 14. They were asked to reshoot the ending to Episode 11 (which ends the "Generations" volume) to be a season-ender.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...241/m/20010238

The way the show is gonig it could be the series finale.

And they are shutting down only because of the strike, 11 episodes is half a season. The strike will most likely last for several months, so I would stock up on DVDs now, nothing else will be on.

Comment

If it's the mid-season break, it'll probably work out. We get another month of new eps and then go on hiatus through the winter and that should give the strike enough time to work itself out. If it's still ongoing when production is set to start up again, that might be a problem, but for now I'm willing to attribute the rumor to strike jitters.

Comment

Isn't Heroes: Origins suppost to fill in the mid-season hiatus~ thing?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          Heroes:Origins was supposed to pick up immediately after season two ends, however that project has been put on the shelf for now.

I hope the writers strike is resolved soon, but I do support them striking. The demands that I've heard of seem perfectly reasonable, and I hope that's recognized, in fact I was rather shocked to read that at the moment they get absolutely nothing from DVD sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Heroes:Origins was supposed to pick up immediately after season two ends, however that project has been put on the shelf for now.
            Yeah, I'm thinking this might be what caused the confusion. I know I saw one headline (I think it was on E! Online) that said Heroes had shut down... but when you clicked on the link it was about Heroes: Origins.

EDIT: Or it could be that the rumor was dead on. Ausiello confirmed it.

Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike.
            I still think there's time to save things, but... I guess we'll see.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 02 November 2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              The demands that I've heard of seem perfectly reasonable, and I hope that's recognized, in fact I was rather shocked to read that at the moment they get absolutely nothing from DVD sales.
              Actually what I heard is they currently get .03% of DVD sales and they are asking for .06%. I hope they sort this out soon. I don't want to wait till next Sept for Volume 3...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                I like how no one seems to care when I posted it was canceled!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48335

Comment

Like ShadowMaat said, it looks like its been confirmed by TVGuide.

SyFy Portal Has an article on this:

'Heroes' Season 2 Could Be Cut In Half
                  In terms of the writers strike, it seems that Hollywood is preparing for the worst.

SyFy Portal was tipped off to a report that production had halted on the set of "Heroes," and that producers were asked to go back and modify the ending of its 11th episode. That report appears to be true, reports TV Guide's Michael Ausiello.

"Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike," Ausiello said. "Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current 'Generations' arc."

At the time of the stoppage, production was between the 13th and 14th episodes of the second season, according to reports made to SyFy Portal. However, days after NBC pulled the plug -- at least for now -- on the spinoff "Heroes: Origins," it seems that the network is not interested in leaving the audience hanging through what could be a protracted writers strike. By ending the season at the end of the "Generations" arc, which started at the tail end of the show's first season, "Heroes" may be better able to bring fans into what might be a third season following a shortened second season.

But there is still a chance that Episode 11 won't be the season finale, Ausiello says.

"Should an 11th-house agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alt ending would likely be scrapped."

"Heroes" has been suffering from a severe ratings decline since the start of the second season, which has led some to speculate the moves of potentially ending the second season early while scrapping "Origins" could be more related to ratings than to the strike.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I'm actually really worried about Heroes now. All I keep reading is how rubbish it is now and how the ratings have gone waaaay down. And now Origins is cancelled too. Makes me think they're gonna finish what they've got and then it wont be coming back ever. It's a shame people can't handle a serialised show for more than one season.

And I'll admit so far season 2 hasn't been great, but it's getting better. All they need to do is kill West and those annoying Honduran twins and it would be great.

Comment

I think someone's trying to get a paper crane campaign going, although I still think that's a bit... premature.

Comment

Paper cranes? I thought that was Prison Break...

We should all send them Nissan Versas

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                          Paper cranes? I thought that was Prison Break...
                          Haven't seen Prison Break, so I can't say, but there was that ep last season where Hiro stopped time to make a thousand paper cranes for Charlie and that's where the idea comes from... although I don't know how on board the dexterity-challenged are with that plan. Me, I couldn't make one even when I had an instructor standing there explaining all the steps. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                            I like how no one seems to care when I posted it was canceled!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48335
                            Excuse me for finding this thread in New Posts and not checking the rest of the Sub-Forum first

Comment

Maybe Maya will drown in a pool of her own emotears.

Comment

Working...
                              X