This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larrin is a Bad Character

Ok....this HAD to be done. Since Keller has her Anti thread, I figured Larrin needed one too.

Larrin is one of the worst characters in SGA history. Why ohhh why couldn't they have kept Elizabeth instead of creating Larrin? It makes no sense

Archetypical tough female rogue chick, right down to the leather outfit. I suppose that the "touch of vulnerability" is supposed to make her a brilliant literary figure, but she's really just a cardboard cutout so far. It makes for a very dull viewing experience, and I somehow doubt there will be an episode down the line that'll give her some semblance of depth or interest.

Comment

Vala was so much better in the original episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        LMAO McBarr you rock hehehehehehehehe
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Yeah....she was.

Comment

Oh hell no. I'd suffer Larrin any time over Vala, especially when Vala first appeared.

sigpic

Comment

While Vala was too over-the-top when she was first introduced, at least all of her flirting was playful and there was no reciprocation.

You guys do know that
              Spoiler:
              Larrin will be back, right? In "All My Sins Remembered". Joe Flanigan also said he realy liked their "chemistry" so we'll likely see more Kirking or at least flirting.

The stupidest part of her character is that she's this tough woman who has no qualms about torture and exposing her own people to deadly radiation but the minute she goes up against a Wraith, she's at first stunned and fumbles with her weapon (1st encounter) or just too stupid to not run away from it while unarmed (2nd encounter), both times having to get saved by John.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                While Vala was too over-the-top when she was first introduced, at least all of her flirting was playful and there was no reciprocation.

You guys do know that
                Spoiler:
                Larrin will be back, right? In "All My Sins Remembered". Joe Flanigan also said he realy liked their "chemistry" so we'll likely see more Kirking or at least flirting.

The stupidest part of her character is that she's this tough woman who has no qualms about torture and exposing her own people to deadly radiation but the minute she goes up against a Wraith, she's at first stunned and fumbles with her weapon (1st encounter) or just too stupid to not run away from it while unarmed (2nd encounter), both times having to get saved by John.
                Well what do you expect. Sheppard has to save the damsel in distress. If he didn't, and wasn't able to prove he was tougher then he'd be shown up by a woman. What type of main character would that make him.

Although I have to admit, the only good thing about Vala in "Prometheus Unbound" was that Jackson wasn't letting Little Danny control his actions, unlike Little Johnny.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                  Ok....this HAD to be done. Since Keller has her Anti thread, I figured Larrin needed one too.

Larrin is one of the worst characters in SGA history. Why ohhh why couldn't they have kept Elizabeth instead of creating Larrin? It makes no sense
                  What does Keller having one have to do with Larrin? :Majorly Confused:

1) Keller is a main member of the expedition. She's in at least 8 eps of S4, while Larrin is in only 2.

2) Keller came in & replaced a beloved already established character that was stupidly killed off. Larrin did not replace anybody.

3) Larrin is HOT, HOT, HOT! While Keller is [mod snip]

As to your second bit. Larrin has nothing to do with Weir, it was Carter who came in to be the new leader. So it's her that took Weir's spot in & on Atlantis. However ultimately it isn't down to AT the actress or Carter the character. JM has already said they were getting rid of Weir no matter what, if it hadn't been Carter that was in charge, it would have been somebody else anyhow.

If they gave Larrins 2 eps to Weir, they would have had to involve the Asurans. When brings up the fact of how could they have introduced the Travelers? Which is the whole reason they wanted a new advanced race in S4 because of the fact that the galaxy has been devoid of any real advanced human races up till this point.
                  Last edited by Darren; 01 November 2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I was thinking the same when I saw her. Larrin is just a very bad copy of Vala
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I was let down. I expected to like her more. Joe M's eps seem to have greatly improved, but it doesn't look like Paul's have as much... I enjoyed Travelers, and I don't hate Larrin... But I expected to enjoy them alot more. S4 is excellent so far, better than any season yet, but This could have all worked so much better. Hopefully she will have improved by BAMSR.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        I was thinking the same when I saw her. Larrin is just a very bad copy of Vala
                        Now I do however disagree with this. They are nothing alike.

Comment

I agree, Larrin is a bad copy of Vala. God forbid Atlantis ever has to suffer through a silly character like Vala.
                          sigpic

Comment

I might have liked Larrin better if they'd had a better actress. For all I know, J Wagner is better (I mean, corin Nemec can do a better job than how he did Jonas Quinn, after all), but lots of her delivery of lines just fell flat. Sorry, but high heels, tight outfits and low cut outfits only go so far....

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                              I agree, Larrin is a bad copy of Vala. God forbid Atlantis ever has to suffer through a silly character like Vala.
                              Vala's great
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X