Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Might as well get the ball rolling

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-30-2007.html

And yet, espite the crankiness, I was able to partake in some first-class spinning this afternoon. Didn’t get as much accomplishe as I would’ve liked but Paul and I had our hans full with other non-creative issues (scheduling, eals, an, of course, lunch). Still, we do have about eight notions in the works including Marty G.’s old-school story (“How ol school?”you may ask. Well is season one ld enough for youuuuu?”

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-31-2007.html

Back on the work front, we are slowly making progress on those season five stories. Veeeery sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly. Every time we sit down to discuss, something comes up. Scheduling. Deals. Another mix! Actually three great mixes of late: Spoils of War (So what is the difference between the silent masked wraiths and the chatty ones? Ohhhhhhh, I see.), Be All My Sins Remember’d (Awesome. This one boasts the greatest visual effects sequences the show has ever done. Mark is going to be hard-pressed to top this one.), Miller’s Crossing (With that incredibly angsty McKay-Sheppard scene.) Yep, distractions galore.

Isn't the second bit about Season 4?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      You and your logic. And your facts.

Season five yaaaaaaaaaay! I'm excited about the 'old school' comment. Ford?
      sigpic
      It was Arrested Development

Comment

He called once such episodes "old school", where the team went to adventure, made a mistake, but they could save the day.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Still, we do have about eight notions in the works including Marty G.’s old-school story (“How ol school?”you may ask. Well is season one ld enough for youuuuu?”
          hm...lemme see if i got this right...season1-old school....
          could that mean atlantis will be stranded again like in season 1?

that can t be right..

or could he be reffering to the old school ideea, where the asurans were suppost to be the main enemy? O_o
          http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Except for the very first sentence which means season 5...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post

that can t be right..

or could he be reffering to the old school ideea, where the asurans were suppost to be the main enemy? O_o
              Well it could mean an old ally, or another Genii story etc..
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well, it's obviously something from Season 1 that was not continued in Seasons 2, 3, or 4. I'm betting it's either dealing with Poisoning the Well, Sanctuary, the Brotherhood, or the story they never got around to doing (I believe it was to be titled Human Error)
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  Well, it's obviously something from Season 1 that was not continued in Seasons 2, 3, or 4. I'm betting it's either dealing with Poisoning the Well, Sanctuary, the Brotherhood, or the story they never got around to doing (I believe it was to be titled Human Error)
                  Good point. I'd like to see the brotherhood revisited.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    Good point. I'd like to see the brotherhood revisited.
                    That or possibly the story that didn't get greenlit.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Maybe they run into the dark energy creature from "Hide and Seek" again...except this time, it brought friends.

Ooooooooo...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post

that can t be right..

Actually, JM wanted Atlantis to be cut from Earth in S4, but couldn't do it because Carter was crossing over. I would actually be looking forward to that given they not only know a lot more about the city since S1, but so much else as well. I find it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                          Actually, JM wanted Atlantis to be cut from Earth in S4, but couldn't do it because Carter was crossing over. I would actually be looking forward to that given they not only know a lot more about the city since S1, but so much else as well. I find it interesting.
                          How exactly can they cut Atlantis off from Earth other than destroying all the DSC-304s which I don't see happening? Just don't see it happening
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            How exactly can they cut Atlantis off from Earth other than destroying all the DSC-304s which I don't see happening? Just don't see it happening
                            Don't tempt them.

Comment

I think in a way it can be cut off somewhat, by having the 304s being their only way to get to Earth and back.

Comment

Working...
                              X