Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news about the Marty G arc, people really seem to like his stories

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      The one that wasn't Outcast, basically.
      Ah got it.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Good news about the Marty G arc, people really seem to like his stories
        Because he's very good so it is a good thing though all the writers do a good job IMO.

Comment

As you guys will no doubt find out, this is the ONLY general season 5 discussion thread. Talk pro, talk con, but talk with respect and tolerance.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            As you guys will no doubt find out, this is the ONLY general season 5 discussion thread. Talk pro, talk con, but talk with respect and tolerance.
            I think it's a good idea. Right now it's all speculation. There is nothing really yet to be pro or anti about. We got this type of thread running on Sci-fi and it has been doing well. Anyway, thanks and good call from the mods!
            sigpic

Comment

This will be interesting....to watch.

*goes in search of helmet and bullet proof vest*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                This will be interesting....to watch.

*goes in search of helmet and bullet proof vest*
                It works on Sci-fi, should be fine here also.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  It works on Sci-fi, should be fine here also.
                  We'll have to see. Sci-Fi forum is still slightly different from GateWorld, less of a battleground (the stargate-forum anyway).

I just want to be prepared, that's all.

Comment

Well, so far so good. I'm lovin' this development, by the way. Thanks mods!

Now that my "Bring down Pro/Anti Threads" goal has been reached, it's time to move on to bigger things: World Domination!!

Or...an update:

Well, it’s the calm before the storm. After an easygoing week of tossing story ideas around, we head back into the office to actually begin breaking season five. Ideally, I would love for each of us to head off with 2 scripts each Still, with most of November ahead of us, and a number of story ideas in development, there’s no reason why we can’t half the season in play by the time we head back in January.
                    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      We'll have to see. Sci-Fi forum is still slightly different from GateWorld, less of a battleground (the stargate-forum anyway).

I just want to be prepared, that's all.
                      Well they also have a cool mod over on the Sci-fi forum. They work hard to keep things civil just like the folks here on gateworld do. It's not easy sometimes, I can imagine.
                      sigpic

Comment

A couple of things I would like to see dealt with assuming they aren't dealt with in the rest of season 4 and so far none of the spoilers I have seen mention these topics.

1) Will we ever find out what the Wraith's weakness was that was contained in the communique that the Aurora was bringing to Atlantis? If the Captain didn't write it or know what was in it, who did write it? Maybe there is another hidden base of the Ancients out there somewhere where the info is in a database?

2) What happened to the Tria? It seems strange to me that in The Return, Pt. 1 the Ancients didn't ask Earth to ferry them back to the Tria with replacement parts for the Hyperdrive. Heck, they could have used the Midway station to get close in a jumper once they moved the Tria near the station with their normal engines. Maybe this will be a "surprise" development in season 4? At first I thought the "Phoenix" might be the repaired Tria, but it is another Earth ship.

3) If we don't get it the rest of season 4, more info on how the Wraith multiplied and achieved a high-level of technology so quickly. If they learned it from the Ancients, why is their technology so organic based?

4) Finally, more stories involving the Travelers. (But giving more of a glimse into their history)
                        Last edited by Redhooks; 04 November 2007, 09:35 PM.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                          A couple of things I would like to see dealt with assuming they aren't dealt with in the rest of season 4 and so far none of the spoilers I have seen mention these topics.

1) Will we ever find out what the Wraith's weakness was that was contained in the communique that the Aurora was bringing to Atlantis? If the Captain didn't write it or know what was in it, who did write it? Maybe there is another hidden base of the Ancients out there somewhere where the info is in a database?
                          I agree totally. Unfulfilled plot threads are downright annoying. Alluded to plot threads are a different beast altogether. Wrap it up, or allude to it - in any case deal with it.

2) What happened to the Tria? It seems strange to me that in The Return, Pt. 1 the Ancients didn't ask Earth to ferry them back to the Tria with replacement parts for the Hyperdrive. Heck, they could have used the Midway station to get close in a jumper once they moved the Tria near the station with their normal engines. Maybe this will be a "surprise" development in season 4? At first I thought the "Phoenix" might be the repaired Tria, but it is another Earth ship.
                          It would be nice to see another Lantean ship as part of our slowly growing fleet.

3) If we don't get it the rest of season 4, more info on how the Wraith multiplied and achieved a high-level of technology so quickly. If they learned it from the Ancients, why is their technology so organic based?
                          Second that, and more so. Obviously the Wraith developed over a significant time to be such a threat to Ancients. Why did the Ancient wait so long to deal with it? Ineffective goverment? Bad planning? Any excuse really would be appreciated other than arrogance.

4) Finally, more stories involving the Travelers. (But giving more of a glimpse into their history)
                          The Travelers concept was excellent, and a personal highlight for me. Sure the episode was full of sexual innuendo, but that was an honestly refreshing bit of humor Sheppard's comments to her at the end of the episode laid a lot of groundwork for future encounters. I hope they become more of a friendly rival, than a new enemy.

Just my thoughts,

TechJunkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Hmm I don't know how we ever could figure that out. He was bringing the communique to Atlantis but as I recall he never said where he was brining it from. Most likely an Ancient outpost somewhere. Obviously someone gave it to him but didn't tell me what it was for obvious reasons. If the facility isn't destroyed the likelyhood that he/she left trace of it in the computer there is minimal. In case of attack or capture most likely they would have erased the computer or destroyed it, and even if the base is in the Atlantis database finding the right facility would be a needle in a haystack. But it would be nice if we somehow stumbled upon it but I can just here the complaints now of "plot device","convienence" etc..

Hmm I disagree. THe Ancients would never ask our help because 1. they are extremly arrogant and 2. they are Ancients they could fix it better than us they just didn't have time. If it wasn't destroyed it might still be out there for us to find.

Hmm good question. I doubt they learned how to build their tech from the Ancients most likely they gained knowledge on space travel from them and created tech that could best them. But I'd love to leard about this.

4) Finally, more stories involving the Travelers. (But giving more of a glimse into their history)
                            I definatly agree. I loved their introduction and can't wait to learn more.

Comment

So looks like Daniel is likely to make a guest apperance or two in S5!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                So looks like Daniel is likely to make a guest apperance or two in S5!
                                Why?

Comment

Working...
                                X