This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 9?

I know its a little early to think about such things, but come on. Think about it for a moment.

Aphophis appeared throughout Season 01-->04.

Anubis appeared throughout Season 05 (Mentioned occasionally.)-->07.

If they are gunna make this Japanese Sun Goddess "god", then how is she only going to last one season? If they were going to do anything, it would take atleast two-three seasons.

If its true that she is going to appear in Season 08, and in theory seaosn 08 will end the show, then guess what....that means even I could destroy this Gu'oald.

Anyone else see where I'm coming from?
    Yes! Absolutely!
    44.63%
    Yes, but only if ...
    35.03%
    I'm not so sure
    5.65%
    No, let it end gracefully
    12.99%
    No, it jumped the shark long ago
    1.69%

The poll is expired.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

First off, you might want to edit your post to include spoiler warnings for S8.

Second, just because they're introducing new characters in the "last" season doesn't mean much of anything.

Did they know that the show was going to be renewed when they were filming Summit/Last Stand? 'Cause that introduced a whole host of new problems (if you'll pardon the pun), including Anubis.

Jonas was introduced in S6... And then they got rid of him as quickly as possible in S7.

Maybe they're building to a climactic finale that will leave everyone guessing.

The Reetou were only used once, although they had the potential to be big trouble. Ditto the aliens in Foothold. The giant aliens in Crystal Skull? Could have had a big impact on things later. So could Aris Boch. Laira? Urgo? Lt. Tyler? And what about some of those goa'uld in Summit/Last Stand? We've seen some of them again, but others...?

I get where you're going, but I wouldn't read anything into it at this point and with all do respect I'm going to pray to every god I can find that Stargate doesn't get renewed for another season. Enough is enough. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I get where you're going, but I wouldn't read anything into it at this point and with all do respect I'm going to pray to every god I can find that Stargate doesn't get renewed for another season. Enough is enough. Please.
      I've got to agree there. Season 7 wasn't all that and it's really going downhill so Season 8 definitely has to be the LAST ONE. Anything beyond that would be quite lame I think.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

They're introducing a new Goa'uld, so? They do that every season All we know about Amaratsu (Sorry, forget how to spell it ) is she will be in one, perhaps two episodes, nothing big!

Comment

I think the main problem for the series, has been the lack of O'Neil. There wer entire episodes without him. Where has RDA been going?

I agree, they need to bring back some unfinished business. I would like to see those big misty aliens come back.

I would also like to find out what happened to the Tollan people. Maybe they could come to Earth and end up unifying the planet, and prepare them for a massive Guo'ald assualt. That would be pretty intense, and have alot of storyline and plot to the overall feel of SG-1.

Also, sorry for the spoiler.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

In my opinion, the problem is not a lack of Jack, it's a lack of quality writing to compensate for his absence. Instead of lessening the effect and distracting us with some truly awesome storylines for the other characters, TPTB end up drawing attention to Jack's absence and waffle and flop around with the other characters, leaving them all out of balance and un-Team-like.

It's possible to have good eps of Stargate without a spotlight always shining on Jack. It's too bad the writers don't realize that.

Comment

I'm really not sure season 9 is a great idea. They're having budget issues this season that aren't likely to get better. The exchange rate isn't improving. The cast and crew are still going to want raises next season as is typical for continuing productions. That's why shows get more expensive as time goes on even though they already have sets and costumes in stock. RDA isn't going to suddenly want to work a full schedule again. They're hitting that point where the production issues are becoming huge stumbling blocks creatively. I think it's time to stick the fork in it and call it done.
              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                I think the main problem for the series, has been the lack of O'Neil. There wer entire episodes without him. Where has RDA been going?

I agree, they need to bring back some unfinished business. I would like to see those big misty aliens come back.

I would also like to find out what happened to the Tollan people. Maybe they could come to Earth and end up unifying the planet, and prepare them for a massive Guo'ald assualt. That would be pretty intense, and have alot of storyline and plot to the overall feel of SG-1.

Also, sorry for the spoiler.
                ROFLMAO! Funniest spoiler warning ever!

Comment

Its never too early to be thinking of the future, DFA.
                  Other posters have a point... TPTB don't know if they'll be renewed for another season, but I'm guessing that their writing will have a lot of set ups for another one just in case. It's only prudent.
                  SPOILER SPACE S7, S8,
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  I for one hope that SG1 goes on. It's a good show. Yes, it's had its slips in season 7, but we have to remember all the changes that were being made. Michael Shanks was returning, Corin Nemic left; RDA wants less on screen time. There were writers who'd only written for Corin, so when Michael came back, they had to adapt. The writers also had to adapt who got which types of lines because of RDA's reduced schedule. All the funny sarcastic lines that we would've heard Jack say in previous episodes were split most noticably between Carter and Daniel; Carter took on the role of authority figure in the group for a lot of S7, and that's a big change for her character. And those examples are just the tip of the iceberg.
                  I think now that they've gotten somethings smoothed out, it will go better. Not perfect as Jack is leaving after S8 and they'll have to adjust again, but better.
                  Come on people...give them a chance to find their legs before you give up on them.
                  I think Season 9 is a great idea. I'm excited to see S8 and I hope it gets renewed.
                  - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                  THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                  BM: "Aren't they all?"
                  www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                  www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

I'm under the personal belief that they need to stick a fork in it and call it done. Yes, it was, and always will be a wonderful show, but everything has its time. I think SG-1's is coming to a close.

I only hope season 8 goes out with a bang, but I'm not so sure...

Comment

Stick a needle through the thumb. I think season eight should be the very final one despite the fact I don't really want it to be. Every show has the spotlight for a while and I think introducing a ninth season may rurin that spotlight which they have built. Besides, RDA said that he wasn't up for a ninth

I think that Stargate will always be great for quite some time but if it is to be the very final season which I am guessing it is let there be an explosive ending please! Besides Atlantis is coming soon also!
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Didn't the Tollan all but die? I can't remember that episode, but it was the one where Narim helped the SGC and the Tollan high council was in league with the Goa'uld?

I'm all for another season. I'm still trying to catch up as I am a Stargate Newbie...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm also all for a season 9, butI'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it. I would love to see them made a feature film for the big screen. RDA and crew really deserve it.

Season 9 would have to be the last though. And they would have to pull out something big. Like an all-out war with the Goa'ulds. Begin it half way through season 8, then perhaps consume all of season 9 with it. The feature film could tie up the last struggle with the Goold, and what not.
                          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I think I would be ok with either a Big Screen movie tying up SG-1 that springs into more movie installments or a new series. I personally think SG-1 probably could continue if they replaced the actors but they unfortunately haven't adequately set up for that. There are tons of untold stories for the SG-1 universe that I think SG-1 can go on even without RDA or Shanks. In life, things change and it makes sense if a new SG-1 team forms as the years go by. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

SGSlugger -

"I'm also all for a season 9, butI'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it. I would love to see them made a feature film for the big screen. RDA and crew really deserve it.

Season 9 would have to be the last though. And they would have to pull out something big. Like an all-out war with the Goa'ulds. Begin it half way through season 8, then perhaps consume all of season 9 with it. The feature film could tie up the last struggle with the Goold, and what not."

There's this show, it's called Deep Space Nine, watch that.

That should clear everything up.
                              Last edited by David85; 04 May 2004, 07:31 PM.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X