Sky One edits big chunk of Keller's dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky One edits big chunk of Keller's dream

I'm watching this episode now on sky one, and I had previously watched it by "other means" (don't usually but i got bored one day)

Anyway I noticed that they took a big chunk of Keller's dream out, ie the bit where the bug comes out of Teyla's stomach. It just shows the bug going against the skin, and then she wakes up. I know it's before watershed, but they've shown gorrier things at this time (Talion springs to mind). I know it's scarier but I'm just annoyed they got rid of it.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

i kind of expected it. It's only natural really. I would call that gorrier than talion too.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What gore? Some blood splatter? How horrible.

No really, that scene was all about what we didn't actually get to see. We had to imagine it ourselves. They could've just have shown something moving inside Teyla, then quick pan to Keller followed by the bloodsplatter.

Also, wasn't there nifty background music playing during the dream sequence? Didn't the music go kinda wonky if they cut out a big chunk of the dream?

Comment

If they've edited that out I guess they'll have to basically edit out the whole fight scene in 'Reunion'.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          i kind of expected it. It's only natural really. I would call that gorrier than talion too.
          I actually think Talion was gorrier, and that was showed at the same time. But maybe they thought this was too scary for 8pm

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          What gore? Some blood splatter? How horrible.

No really, that scene was all about what we didn't actually get to see. We had to imagine it ourselves. They could've just have shown something moving inside Teyla, then quick pan to Keller followed by the bloodsplatter.

Also, wasn't there nifty background music playing during the dream sequence? Didn't the music go kinda wonky if they cut out a big chunk of the dream?
          They showed the thing crawling inside Teyla, Keller's reaction, then Keller waking up.

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
          If they've edited that out I guess they'll have to basically edit out the whole fight scene in 'Reunion'.
          No they didn't edit the whole fight scene from Reunion, but they might have edited some I've not seen the sci fi version
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

That's not a surprise considering it's 8pm airing (compared to the 10pm US airing). I thought the whole "chest burst" scene was really cool in an aliens ripoff sort of way and although it's a shame they cut it out, it is understandable.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              when i saw the renunion repeat they edited the parts where mckay said son of a ***** and where ronon's friend slit his friends throat.

it annoys me when they do that even though its a small scene they usually end up removing the best scenes.

something else that annoyed me about the repeat was during the scene where the replicator escapes and starts beating up the wraith just before that an advert saying what was on next came on the screen pushing atlantis to one side.

there's nothing more annoying than having an advert you don't care about force itself onto the screen in the middle of an episode.

sky one used to be a great channel then it went downhill over time

Comment

They also cut out Shep saying 'Son of a b****!" from this eppy to.

I wonder if they'll include the bug scene in Atlantis's showing on Sky 2 tonight at 9? That's after the watershed.

If they're going to start doing this, they might as well re-schedule the show to a later time. I'd rather see the whole thing rather than have bits chopped out!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                  They also cut out Shep saying 'Son of a b****!" from this eppy to.

I wonder if they'll include the bug scene in Atlantis's showing on Sky 2 tonight at 9? That's after the watershed.

If they're going to start doing this, they might as well re-schedule the show to a later time. I'd rather see the whole thing rather than have bits chopped out!

I agree, I'd rather watch it later than see it earlier cut to pieces like SG-1 was so many years ago on C4.
                  Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                  The Strongest Will Survive!
                  I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

They have shown the scene in the 9pm showing on sky two tonight.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                      They have shown the scene in the 9pm showing on sky two tonight.
                      Yep...that seems to be the key. If you want un-snipped eppys, watch it at 9 on Wed on Sky 2. Beats me why they don't show it on Sky 1 at 9 first though. Daft Bats!!

If you'd like to let Sky know how you feel about things, you can contact them at

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/feedback

and choose 'viewer relations'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        I'm watching this episode now on sky one, and I had previously watched it by "other means" (don't usually but i got bored one day)

Anyway I noticed that they took a big chunk of Keller's dream out, ie the bit where the bug comes out of Teyla's stomach. It just shows the bug going against the skin, and then she wakes up. I know it's before watershed, but they've shown gorrier things at this time (Talion springs to mind). I know it's scarier but I'm just annoyed they got rid of it.
                        That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
                          I agree, I'd rather watch it later than see it earlier cut to pieces like SG-1 was so many years ago on C4.
                          AGREED! I was shouting at the screen last night! They ruined that whole scene. And, for goodness sake they say the bi**ch word on Eastenders all the damn time, and yet it wasn't suitable for an eight pm slot? How ridiculous. Growl!
                          Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                          Yep...that seems to be the key. If you want un-snipped eppys, watch it at 9 on Wed on Sky 2. Beats me why they don't show it on Sky 1 at 9 first though. Daft Bats!!

If you'd like to let Sky know how you feel about things, you can contact them at

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/feedback

and choose 'viewer relations'.

I Sky +'d it tonight as I was out, so hopefully I'll get to see it in its full glory, though alas, not on Sky HD! Damn!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X