This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum: $7m Budget? Not Bloody Likely

Continuum's production values were probably more along the lines of double the $7m budget. The fact that the US Air Force, National Guard, and Navy essentially sponsored the movie bumps the production values to well over $10m, probably over $20m.

The US Militaries, according to the SG Producers, were basically competing with each other over who could contribute more to Continuum. The use of $2b nuclear submarines, free shooting helicopters, and free squadrons of F15s would cost any other production team many millions of dollars, not to mention transport, and housing in the Arctic. As much as I'd like to see the Ori Arc close, I'm more excited about Continuum. RDA alone is going to make it great, not to mention the production values which sound like they rival Blockbusters; the SG PTBs compared the scenes (using US Military Equipment) favorably with James Bond films.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

I'm looking forward to The Ark of Truth, but I agree, this looks like it'll be the better of the two movies.

Comment

this movie is gonna be so great!
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think both movies will kick some serious a**!
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it's great that different divisions of the US armed forces were trying to outdo each other in terms of what could be provided to Continuum. If a submarine was what the Navy provided, I can't wait to find out what the Air Force provided but to be honest, i'm not sure what, if anything, the National Guard could have provided apart from men.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I think it's great that different divisions of the US armed forces were trying to outdo each other in terms of what could be provided to Continuum. If a submarine was what the Navy provided, I can't wait to find out what the Air Force provided but to be honest, i'm not sure what, if anything, the National Guard could have provided apart from men.
            Actually in 3 interviews, one with Amanda T & Ben B, another with the producers, and the last with the Air Force reps, they all went into detail about what each branch contributed to Continuum. If you don't mind minor production spoilers, the interviews are on MGM's website and YouTube. On YouTube they're the first 3 vids that come up when you typer in Stargate Continuum.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

What Ripple in Space said.
              The Oregon Air National Guard sent up a bunch of planes and helicopters.

I'm also glad that they got so much support for the film, but I get a little worried that the whole focus is going to be on the wow! factor of all the equipment that the story will get lost. I think it was Brad Wright who said the story was spun based on the fact that the Navy was going to have a sub surface through the ice, and would Stargate like to film it?
              (Sorry if that was mentioned before).
              Anyway, I know stories have to start somewhere, and I'm a fan of the military, but if this is the last blast for SG-1 (I've heard conflicting stories on that issue) then I'd like to see quite a lot of the characters and not so much of the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                Actually in 3 interviews, one with Amanda T & Ben B, another with the producers, and the last with the Air Force reps, they all went into detail about what each branch contributed to Continuum. If you don't mind minor production spoilers, the interviews are on MGM's website and YouTube. On YouTube they're the first 3 vids that come up when you typer in Stargate Continuum.
                I remember watching them before. After rewatching them, I think the Navy has everyone beat. They never mentioned the National Guard so they could have something special being done that could blow us away. VCompared to Air Force F-15's being used in the movie, While I do believe using real fighter jets to film a Glider dogfight is great, the sheer size, cost and preperations needed for a Nuclear sub and filming it crashing through the surface just seems like something that can't be topped.

sigpic

Comment

this movie is suppsed to prove that stargate can still live on it's own. so i hope this movie doens't disappint.

and i have high hopes considering it being done by brad

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
                    this movie is suppsed to prove that stargate can still live on it's own. so i hope this movie doens't disappint.

and i have high hopes considering it being done by brad
                    I'm usually happy with most of what Brad and Rob put together.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I doubt it, this movie sounds like Moebius redux to me. And unless this movie has everything reset just the way it was, I won't be happy. Plus, how does Ba'al magically disappear when he's being executed? That sounds like a flaw to me.

Vala,

Comment

Why don't we wait to see it before we judge?

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          I doubt it, this movie sounds like Moebius redux to me. And unless this movie has everything reset just the way it was, I won't be happy. Plus, how does Ba'al magically disappear when he's being executed? That sounds like a flaw to me.

Vala,
                          Well according to Dominion, there is still the chance of other Baal's being alive (how else could Baal be put into Adria by another Baal). It's possible he was beamed out by a clone, or it was a clone beamed out by Baal.

sigpic

Comment

Well according to Dominion, there is still the chance of other Baal's being alive (how else could Baal be put into Adria by another Baal). It's possible he was beamed out by a clone, or it was a clone beamed out by Baal.
                            I doubt the real Baal would even have wanted to be implanted into Adria. As he's said before, he's arrogant not crazy. He knew very well that Adria could've been too powerful to control, and then he'd be signing his own death warrant.
                            sigpic
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                              Why don't we wait to see it before we judge?
                              That sounds like a decent plan to me.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X