The Travelers' History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Travelers' History

Remember way back when that one Genii from season one, not kolya or the girl, but the one from star trek, talked about he Genii once being a confederation of many races with advance techs and what not. When Larrin said that they once had the ability to make more ships, could it be possible that the Travelers once were part of the confederation?

Kinda was thinking that myself.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Could be, but I'm more interested in knowing when that confederation took place and how long have the Travelers been building ships for. I have this sneaking suspicion that perhaps the more advanced Humans in the galaxy were helping the Ancients fight the Wraith during the war and after the Ancients left the Travelers just wandered around trying to survive.
      Last edited by Xaeden; 28 October 2007, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I agree that more history on the Travelers should have been given or at least hinted at better. With them only being in one more episode this year (BAMSR) I don't think we will know any more of their history this season.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          Kinda was thinking that myself.
          Same here. Heck i mentioned it in the Travelers general thread..

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheWrath View Post
            Remember way back when that one Genii from season one, not kolya or the girl, but the one from star trek, talked about he Genii once being a confederation of many races with advance techs and what not. When Larrin said that they once had the ability to make more ships, could it be possible that the Travelers once were part of the confederation?
            Huh, maybe. Good thought. BTW, I think the guy's name was Cowen.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Yes, it was Cowen.

I just got through mentioning that it'd be cool to see the three groups form an uneasy alliance to pull off some incredibly huge operation. But, now that I've heard this thought of the Travelers having once been part of a larger confederation with the Genii, it just makes the idea that much cooler.

Comment

I think the Genii being connected to the Travellers is interesting, but I can't really see it. What I can't see is the Genii and the Travellers being part of the space race. The Genii couldn't even master radiation shielding for their atomic weapons programs, and on top of that it took them god knows how many years to develop the weapons.

I don't think they would have technologically regressed knowing that their technology could be the only thing that saves them. Their scientists would have ended up working on bigger and better things which is what the Travellers seemed to do.

The Genii and the Travellers at some point being part of a alliance (like the four great races but less advanced) is interesting and it would open the door to a vist the Genii, their history and whatnot while learning more about the human life in Atlantis.

Say it turned out that Athosians built the ruined city and not Ancients (because we need something in the plot to relate to Atlantis in one way), then it adds to more backstory for the Athosians and why they were originally friends with the Genii. I do think this confederation deserves more exploration. Who knows, maybe the Genii along with the Athosians both regressed to a more primative state.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Say it turned out that Athosians built the ruined city and not Ancients (because we need something in the plot to relate to Atlantis in one way), then it adds to more backstory for the Athosians and why they were originally friends with the Genii. I do think this confederation deserves more exploration. Who knows, maybe the Genii along with the Athosians both regressed to a more primative state.
                  Wow, the Athosians must really have gone senile at some point if they not only forgot about how they were the ones who built that city on Athos (as Teyla clearly states that it was built by "The Ancestors") or that the Genii weren't on the same technological level as Earth's Amish people (as Teyla was clearly surprised when it was revealed that they weren't).

Comment

An interesting idea though personally I can't really see it. Though I do agree that the Confederation of the Genii worlds history should be explained more. Personally, I think that world where the Taranans went to in season 3, the one where Michael made his bug people, might have been a Genii world because the people employed the exact same defensive mechanism as the Genii which is building a large underground bunker.

I think a more interesting avenue for the future storyline is perhaps an alliance forming between the Genii and the Travelers. The Genii provide food and supplies from their worlds as well as covert operations while the Travelers provide technology and space travel. Would be cool to see....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      Wow, the Athosians must really have gone senile at some point if they not only forgot about how they were the ones who built that city on Athos (as Teyla clearly states that it was built by "The Ancestors") or that the Genii weren't on the same technological level as Earth's Amish people (as Teyla was clearly surprised when it was revealed that they weren't).
                      Well they are Athosians. These are the same people who wanted to return home even after being told their planet was completely scorched and life wouldn't return. They aren't exactly known for common sense either, as I do believe they wanted to stay on the mainland during "The Storm". Plus its always easier for them to blame the Ancestors for building an Outpost that drew the Wraith instead of just accepting they did it themselves. Eat a few people, vaporise a few buildings and who knows what you could make people believe.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think the Genii purposely regressed, I'm sure the Wraith blasting the crap out of their civilization might have something to do with it. I imagine the travellers ancestors were in space when any attacks happened, and they ran away so they wouldn't be slaughtered. Whereas the Genii were stuck on a planet with a destroyed infrastructure and slowly had to regain knowledge.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheWrath View Post
                          I think its very much possible. they're styles are similar. Maybe the Travelers decided to pursue space travel isntead of going underground like the genii. It would explain why their ships are so rusted. They also act the same.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I don't think the Genii were that advanced in their height
                            remember their bunker city is supposedly from their old civilization, and it doesn't seem that advanced at all
                            the fact that they had a confederation that consisted of many planets doesn't necessarily mean they were technologically advanced

Comment

I'm not saying that. What if the Travelers were once on the level of the Genii?
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X