Ronan's Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronan's Gun

so now we know where his gun comes from, i'm curious how he got it and why he didn't know anything about these people when they got into sensor/visual range. hey may know the people but not their ships but its interesting that we've gone 3 seasons and in the 4th season we finally find out where the uber pistol comes from. one question, how does he reload?

gelasius

Originally posted by Gelasius View Post
    so now we know where his gun comes from, i'm curious how he got it and why he didn't know anything about these people when they got into sensor/visual range. hey may know the people but not their ships but its interesting that we've gone 3 seasons and in the 4th season we finally find out where the uber pistol comes from. one question, how does he reload?

gelasius
    That's a very good question about his reloading. Ronan never seems to have a problem with it not working, yet the one Sheppard was using sure ran out of "ammo".
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's been theorized that the gun used in Travelers is an older, less efficient model than Ronon's.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

On the first, she did say they had been leaving people on planets because they are running out of room. He must have gotten it from one of those.

And that bugs me... Who the hell makes a Plot Hole THAT BIG???
        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gelasius
          one question, how does he reload?
          since it's an energy gun & therefore needs energy to reload maybe the "power outlets" on Atlantis can do the trick (110V perhaps -)

btw remember Larrin must have used max power setting to burn a hole in that blast door (with several shots) which explains why the gun was drained so quickly
          Last edited by SoulReaver; 28 October 2007, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You know, all I saw was a lame excuse to not have to develop and build a small cache of new prop guns. That's all I was seeing.

But don't think I don't approve. It's very evident in this new season that a lot of cost cutting actions are being taken to keep the show afloat. And showing that Ronan got the gun from the Travellers is logical and understandable. Despite this last statement making sense, it was still a ploy to reuse old props.

Comment

one question, how does he reload?
              Mallozzi says the cells recharge over time. Think about those watches that charge from movement. It could also be solar power. Or it could be a material like Naquadah, and it just has to produce usable energy from a block of solid material, which takes time.

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
              You know, all I saw was a lame excuse to not have to develop and build a small cache of new prop guns. That's all I was seeing.

But don't think I don't approve. It's very evident in this new season that a lot of cost cutting actions are being taken to keep the show afloat. And showing that Ronan got the gun from the Travellers is logical and understandable. Despite this last statement making sense, it was still a ploy to reuse old props.
              Actually, it is the only explanation that makes sense. While the gun may be based off of Lantean tech, the physical design doesn't appear Lantean. That leaves only one known race who could've built an energy weapon for Ronon to find, the Olesians. And it wouldn't make sense for Ronon to get a weapon from their world. So it had to be a new race.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Wow you really want to find any excuse to bash this show don't you. All the theories I have heard about the reload makes sense I mean she used a hell of alot of power to burn through that door.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

You may well be correct... however, from memory the only copy of Ronan's gun I've seen is the one carried by Ronan so unless they bulk ordered the prop they would have had to spend more money making the extra props.

I would also point out that there are plenty of other guns that have been used in SG-1 and Atlantis that could be re-used with a different colour or CG firing effect.

Don't get me wrong I think cynicism is ok in moderation but I'm not sure how justified it is in this case.

Comment

i'd been thinking this, too, and you guys make a lot of sense; it would take a lot of energy for the gun to blast through the door, and it might have been much much older than ronons. and he could have got it from the ppl left on a planet, or during a trade.

also with ronon and recharging, he has heaps of knives on him, maybe he has a few of those ammo balls or whatever they were with him, too
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

We've seen Ronon replace the power cell before and on Joe's blog he said it recharges itself. So he probably has two power cells and once one runs out of power he switches to the other and when that runs out of the power the first is recharged enough so he can keep shooting. How exactly such a device can recharge itself I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                        We've seen Ronon replace the power cell before .
                        when was this? i don't recall
                        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*
                        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

maybe ronon's gun is not a travellers gun and they just trade or pick up some on a planet could explain why they have an older version that needs to be reloaded.

i have never even heard ronon say his gun was running low and he doesn't have a back up gun just knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                            We've seen Ronon replace the power cell before and on Joe's blog he said it recharges itself. So he probably has two power cells and once one runs out of power he switches to the other and when that runs out of the power the first is recharged enough so he can keep shooting. How exactly such a device can recharge itself I don't know.
                            Information that needs to make it into the show if they are actually going to OPEN that can of worms. Not everyone reads Joe's blog (I do, but I have been lazy recently), and so a great deal of non readers are going to be sat there thinking WTF?
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                              Information that needs to make it into the show if they are actually going to OPEN that can of worms. Not everyone reads Joe's blog (I do, but I have been lazy recently), and so a great deal of non readers are going to be sat there thinking WTF?
                              well it doesn't HAVE o be addressed. just look at the whole 3 shots from a zat plot hole that was never properly dealt with.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X