This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the promised ancients? {Spoilers for all of Season 5}

Its been bugging me that when they started talking about season 4 there was going to be so much about the ancients this year and revalations a plenty. But we are still yet to see any. To me the season should have opened up with saving the city like they did, and then find a cashload drones, or a base with interactive ancients in computer memory.

We are talking the city of the Ancients and it should have an ancient in the dam city. I mean really, we don't need alot, one would suffice. maybe not even a scientist, possibly a medical doctor. There has got to be some use of having one around. It's what the fans want why not feed us a bit and let us be happy.

I think that they forget that them giving us what we want gives them what they want. Lets see the ancients and interact with them. Surely there are more stories to be told with Ancients after our new friendship. Maybe an attempt for us new allies to fix everything they mess up in the galaxies.

It could be very DS9 ish with a great ending. Lets take it too em. There does come a point with where we must stand up and fight back. Let's do it.

Who Want's This? And Let Our Numbers Speak

MODS - A yeah or naw would be a great poll for this. If you have time. Thanks!!!

And Title to thread should have read Seson 4 not five. Sorry!!
    Last edited by ablevins425; 25 October 2007, 06:06 PM. Reason: Mistake in Title
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

I really think you're right. It would be nice to see at least one ancient this season, and I hope it would be really soon.
    sigpic
    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
      Its been bugging me that when they started talking about season 4 there was going to be so much about the ancients this year and revalations a plenty.
      Where did "they" say that?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Yeah, I'm wondering that too. Also who is "they"?
        -

Comment

It's what the fans want why not feed us a bit and let us be happy.
          Which fans are those??

Comment

Where is this Ancient going to come from? I may be wrong but haven't only 4 of 20 episodes aired so far, so how do we know this isn't going to happen?
            Last edited by shrap; 26 October 2007, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Every single season of sg1 and sga for the past three years has supposed to have a whole lot more info on the ancients but in reality its just an amassed pile of small little snippets of info that haven't told us that much we didn't already know from watching the pilot of sga.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I will look back and try to find it. It was during an interview discussing season 4. I will post a link when I do. They is TPTB.
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Umm.. we've only seen FOUR episodes out of 20 so far!

As for "it's what the fans want"... there are LOTS of things the fans want. They want more Carter, less Carter, Carter to die, Carter to be maimed, Weir to come back, Weir to never be seen again, more Keller, less Keller, Sheppard to be killed, Sheppard to marry Teyla, Sheppard to declare his love for Weir, Sheppard and McKay to openly admit they are a couple, Teyla to marry Ronon, Ronon to date Keller, Daniel to take over Atlantis, Daniel to stay the heck away from Atlantis, Carson to return, Carson to stay dead etc etc etc etc etc.

So which group of fans are you referring to when you say TPTB should give the fans what they want?
                  sigpic

Comment

I doubt they would be referring to actually bringing Ancients into the show! More likely it's relating to the Ancients as in revealing more about them personally, their technology or even their city (as in Atlantis).

They brought Lanteans into Atlantis for 'The Return I', then immediately killed them off, not even showing a single one in the following ep. Yet all they had to do was show a single one escaping or hiding from the initial attack etc.

If they wouldn't do that, then I cannot see them bringing in another real-life Ancient. Especially one that's to stick around! It would be cool if they did but they had a perfect chance in S3 & didn't take it. So how can they explain another living Ancient. They already done time-dilation. They've shown twice that stasis is no good for 10,000 years worth of sleep. Therefore unless they go & do some sort of time-travel or alternate dimension/universe. No Ancients can still possibly be around! So I say don't expect any because chances are if you do, then you'll only end up disappointing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      They've shown twice that stasis is no good for 10,000 years worth of sleep. Therefore unless they go & do some sort of time-travel or alternate dimension/universe. No Ancients can still possibly be around! So I say don't expect any because chances are if you do, then you'll only end up disappointing yourself.
                      I know the Asuran said that Helia tried to hide information from him as he probed her mind, but as she was able to stop him from finding out about Wolsey and O'Neill isn't it possible that maybe some of her crew were on board the Tria. Because even though they were in Atlantis, they had been onboard the Tria for what for them was like 12 years or something, so I don't think they would have just let it rot in space, so perhaps there is ancient or two aboard there.
                      sigpic
                      If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                      I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Its been bugging me that when they started talking about season 4 there was going to be so much about the ancients this year and revalations a plenty. But we are still yet to see any.
                        We won't see any Ancients appearing regularly : they usually die in the same episode in which they appear :-( .

I'd be happy to see *any* member of another race joining the team : for
                        example Michael the Wraith could have been a very interesting colleague .

Comment

They've shown twice that stasis is no good for 10,000 years worth of sleep. Therefore unless they go & do some sort of time-travel or alternate dimension/universe. No Ancients can still possibly be around! So I say don't expect any because chances are if you do, then you'll only end up disappointing yourself.
                          yes but you have excluded the possibility that the Ancients did split after Pegasus and could be somewhere else. However you are right.

And who the hell is that guy thinking he is by telling what i want as a fan- get your own life dude-seriously.
                          sigpic
                          i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                            We won't see any Ancients appearing regularly : they usually die in the same episode in which they appear :-( .

I'd be happy to see *any* member of another race joining the team : for
                            example Michael the Wraith could have been a very interesting colleague .
                            That eats people....
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

An Ancient, please no.

The writers last season showed a complete lack of originality when it came to the Ancients. It was all nice and good having them for the first 15 minutes, until they were conveniently killed off screen and their existance ignored. It was interesting for a time but then they had to pretend nothing happened because they seemed to have completely forgotten about the Ancient Warship sitting at the Midway Station.

We don't need SGA destroying the image of the Ancients any more. However they could use Asurans to at least explore the Ancients history and reveal stuff about them. That's all i'd want from the Ancients unless they were ascended.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X