Reference to Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference to Sunday

Did anyone else notice the reference to Sunday in this episode?

From Sunday (John's Quarters)
    SHEPPARD: Yeah, you’ve gotta hit it, ungh ... (he demonstrates with his empty hand how it should be done) ... straight on, hard as you can.
    DEX: OK.
    (He puts the flattened can down. John reaches forward to a plate of nibbles and takes one. Ronon also takes and eats one.)
    SHEPPARD: You know, this is what I’m talkin’ about. This is how you spend a day off. Kick back, eat some junk food, listen to some tunes.
    DEX: You like this music?
    SHEPPARD: What, you don’t?
    (He picks up an ice pack and puts it on his cheek to soothe the spot where Ronon clunked him earlier.)
    DEX: It’s fine.
    SHEPPARD: I’m gonna stick to golf. Your game’s a little too much like my day job.
    (He eats another snack while Ronon takes a drink from his beer.)
    SHEPPARD: So how long have you been here now? A year?
    DEX: Year and a half.
    SHEPPARD: Year and a half? You ever hang out with anyone else besides me and Teyla? I’m not saying we’re sick of you or anything. I dunno – are you datin’ anyone?
    DEX: You mean like a woman?
    SHEPPARD: Or a man. (He shrugs.)
    DEX: No. I’m not ready yet.
    (John looks up from his magazine.)
    SHEPPARD: Not ready yet? Did you leave somebody behind on Sateda?
    (Ronon nods.)
    SHEPPARD: Wife?
    DEX: Close enough.
    SHEPPARD: Sorry.
    (Ronon takes another drink from his beer, grimacing slightly at the taste.)
    DEX: What about you?
    SHEPPARD: What about me?
    DEX: When are you getting married? (He grins.)
    SHEPPARD (laughing ruefully): Already done that. Not very good at it. Besides, there really isn’t anyone here that ... you know.
    DEX: I always thought you and Teyla would, uh ... you know.
    SHEPPARD: Really?
    DEX (grinning): Yeah. Why not?
    SHEPPARD: Umm ...

(A distant explosion can be heard and the room shakes slightly. The men jump to their feet and hurry out as alarms start to sound.)
    From Doppelganger (Teyla's Dream)
    Teyla lies in bed. Although her eyes are closed, she is restless and frowns frequently as if she is having a bad dream. We see what she dreaming: she is back in her tent on Athos, wearing the coat she had on when we first met her in “Rising,” and she has the same hairstyle she had back then. She looks around, puzzled, and sees John sitting at a table with an assortment of food in front of him. He is chewing on something and smiles at her.
    SHEPPARD: This is pretty good! What is it?
    (Teyla looks around and sees Ronon standing nearby, even though he wasn’t there a moment ago. He smiles.)
    DEX: I knew you two were gonna eventually hook up.
    TEYLA: We are not hooking up! It’s just dinner.
    (Rodney walks around behind her, holding his Ancient device.)
    McKAY: I’m telling you, there’s something in here giving off a strange energy reading.
    (As Teyla watches him walk across the tent, suddenly John is standing very close to her. He couldn’t possibly have got from the table to that position in the couple of seconds that passed since she looked away from him. He stares at her intently.)
    TEYLA: John, what are you doing?
    SHEPPARD: Colonel Carter doesn’t trust you. No-one does but me.
    TEYLA: What are you talking about?
    SHEPPARD: What’s wrong with you?
    (He starts to walk around her.)
    TEYLA: What do you mean? Nothing.
    That has to be more than mere coincidence!

Yeah, some people think it's the TPTB angling the John/Teyla ship. Some are happy about it and others don't appreciate being hit on the head repeatedly with it. I'm personally pretty apathetic to the whole thing, but I like to think of John and Teyla as comrades and friends.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't really mind the J/T ship, but don't really care about. John could come together with Elizabeth too, but obviously there's only Teyla left now.
      'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
      One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

I don't mind it either. I am not really shipper, more of a slasher frankly.

I do pay attention to episode references though.

A similar example to this is how Michael in Allies mentioned how much we may not be as different from the Wraith as we think. At the end of Critical Mass, Dr. Weir made a similar statement to Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Isla View Post
          Yeah, some people think it's the TPTB angling the John/Teyla ship. Some are happy about it and others don't appreciate being hit on the head repeatedly with it. I'm personally pretty apathetic to the whole thing, but I like to think of John and Teyla as comrades and friends.
          Let me first say that this isn't directed at you personally. This is just a little pet peeve I have about fandoms in general.

Why is it when something happens that people don't like they use that term to describe it. It makes it sound like they are being forced to stick around and accept it. Then most have the gall to act like they should have a say in the matter.

First, let me say this is the creators show. They have the right to do what ever they want with it. Second, if something bothers them that much why watch? Nothing and no one is forcing them to stay. They should either ignore the parts they don't like or leave.

Now this deals directly with the John/Teyla ship. I frankly don't get why people complain about it. In Teyla's original bio it stated that there is an attraction between her and John that turns into playful sexual tension. In several interviews it was mentioned that they deliberately put an attraction between the two. Complaining about there being shippy moments with these two is like going to a Romeo and Juliet movie and complaining about being hit on the head with their relationship. (I am not saying John and Teyla will become a couple, or that they will end up like Romeo and Juliet. So please don't go there.)

Sorry about the OT rant. I just had to get that off my chest.

Now on topic. Yes I believe that is more than mere coincidence. The above paragraph explains why.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther View Post
            Let me first say that this isn't directed at you personally. This is just a little pet peeve I have about fandoms in general.

Why is it when something happens that people don't like they use that term to describe it. It makes it sound like they are being forced to stick around and accept it. Then most have the gall to act like they should have a say in the matter.

First, let me say this is the creators show. They have the right to do what ever they want with it. Second, if something bothers them that much why watch? Nothing and no one is forcing them to stay. They should either ignore the parts they don't like or leave.

Now this deals directly with the John/Teyla ship. I frankly don't get why people complain about it. In Teyla's original bio it stated that there is an attraction between her and John that turns into playful sexual tension. In several interviews it was mentioned that they deliberately put an attraction between the two. Complaining about there being shippy moments with these two is like going to a Romeo and Juliet movie and complaining about being hit on the head with their relationship. (I am not saying John and Teyla will become a couple, or that they will end up like Romeo and Juliet. So please don't go there.)

Sorry about the OT rant. I just had to get that off my chest.

Now on topic. Yes I believe that is more than mere coincidence. The above paragraph explains why.
            I agree with your points. I was quoting someone on 'hit over the head'. I think people use that term because it suits their argument. People do get worked up over ships. Like I said: whatever.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X