West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West

A thread for all your various theories about Claire's stalker boyfriend. A place to posit whether he's good, evil, or simply creepy. Also to talk about whether you hate or like him (apparently he's tv guides favorite new character so apparently someone likes him).

I honestly don't care for him, and I think his introduction makes Claire look like an idiot, however I don't think he's evil, merely creepy or needy, but time will tell I suppose.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

i agree. he doesnt seem evil, just creepy, emo and pushy. lol he became the favourite new character? then what about monica? she's leagues ahead of him in the awesomeness race.

Comment

jds1982, got a link to where tv guide says that he's their favourite new character, because that's just.....

I obviously don't like him one bit, he's stalkerish, creepy, Claire just had to fall for the "trust me" routine, add in the platter of not-so-fine fromage he's serving up and.....yuck. He needs to go. Soon.

And I do think that he's evil.

Claire needs a friend, like Zach was, not a nauseating boyfriend.

Comment

West is a creepy, pushy little turd. I doubt he's evil but if the goal was for him to be annoying, he's a huge success. Guys who just can't take no for answer disturb me.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Not a West fan either. I think it's hilarious how EVERYONE (everyone on the few message boards I visit at least) hates West. It's either REALLY GOOD casting, or REALLY BAD casting, depending on whether he turns out to be evil or not. He could be the character you love to hate, or just a jerk...
          sigpic

Comment

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TV...eers/800058397

Jeers: Heroes Gets Lost by Adding Many Others

Jeers to Heroes for getting Lost with too many new characters. Like the castaway drama, NBC’s superpowered smash has hit a bit of a sophomore slump by bringing in a plethora of "Others" and not giving us enough of our old favorites like Niki, Ando and Hiro (where were they this week?). True, some of the new heroes are cool — I'm especially fond of Claire's high-flying new boyfriend, West. But will Alejandro and Maya ever reach the U.S. border? How long will Micah bunk with his Katrina-surviving relatives? And what's happened to the Irish gang Peter got mixed up with? All this, and Kristen Bell’s Elle hasn’t even appeared yet!
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TV...eers/800058397

Jeers: Heroes Gets Lost by Adding Many Others

Jeers to Heroes for getting Lost with too many new characters. Like the castaway drama, NBC’s superpowered smash has hit a bit of a sophomore slump by bringing in a plethora of "Others" and not giving us enough of our old favorites like Niki, Ando and Hiro (where were they this week?). True, some of the new heroes are cool — I'm especially fond of Claire's high-flying new boyfriend, West. But will Alejandro and Maya ever reach the U.S. border? How long will Micah bunk with his Katrina-surviving relatives? And what's happened to the Irish gang Peter got mixed up with? All this, and Kristen Bell’s Elle hasn’t even appeared yet!
              I agree with those sentiments. If Peter can not get his memories back then I'm going to be pissed. Peter was the main reason I watched the show. I am a big fan of empathetic characters.

Monica is an alright addition but I could really care less about her character. How exactly does she move the story forward other than confirming that the people in the photo are indeed their relatives. That is my guess at least. And that puts the Peter/Nikki relationship into a new disturbing light.

West, he is a freak and I think he is a plant. I don't get the entire teen rebellion arc. Does Claire not realize that she is being hunted? She goes on about how she just wants to be normal but yet wants to jump from buildings still. Thats not exactly normal. And honestly how does HRG not show her the picture. I'm sure its the same old "I was just trying to protect you" routine.

And did I mention that I don't like West? If he is not plant then his character is just a waste of time. Or maybe its a way to show that Claire is growing up and realizes that she can not be seen w/ a guy who is being monitored by the company.

Or are the comic books canon? That cyber girl destroyed the satellite in the comics.

Comment

I actually like West. Yes, he can be kind of stalkerish... but then, most teenagers are at one point or another. And, I mean, cut him some slack;

- He's just met an extremely attractive girl that he can relate to.
                - He finally has someone to connect with and talk to about his powers.
                - He seems to be a social outcast, probably because his powers have given him an outsider's view on the world.

So I like him. He can be a little creepy at times, but for the most part I hope he stays for a while.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  I actually like West. Yes, he can be kind of stalkerish... but then, most teenagers are at one point or another. And, I mean, cut him some slack;

- He seems to be a social outcast, probably because his powers have given him an outsider's view on the world.

So I like him. He can be a little creepy at times, but for the most part I hope he stays for a while.
                  Alright I'll give you those points. My biggest issue with him is actually an issue with Claire, he was a total jerk to her and she forgives him just because he can fly. It should have at least taken a little while for her to forgive him, or at least an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

I did not think of it this way.

Comment

If the Butler house had a skylight above the bathroom, West would be the scumbag that would be there night after night, watching Claire shower. There's something unright about that kid. He needs to get tazed with more frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        If the Butler house had a skylight above the bathroom, West would be the scumbag that would be there night after night, watching Claire shower. There's something unright about that kid. He needs to get tazed with more frequency.
                        He only spied on her once, and that was just because he knew there was something different about her but didn't know what.

Notice how, since he's figured it out, the stalkerness has gone down?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well he doesn't have to stalk her now that she's with him willingly but I wouldn't surprised if they broke up and she found him peeping through her window. He seems pretty determined to get what he wants. He's just too pushy for my taste. Doesn't seem the type to take a breakup well if it's not his idea.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I still don't know what to really think of West, either way. Time will tell if he's good or evil.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am going on the side of evil regarding him. I have my reasons for beliving as such.

Comment

Working...
                              X