X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a sec, do we now have 2 ZPMs????

Hey guys.

In Adrift, we were losing massive amounts of power from the ZPM. We went hunting, and got a second ZPM.

Does that mean that our original ZPM is nearly empty, and our second ZPM is moderately full?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Yep, although there is no way for us to know how much power is left in the asuran one? due to them using it lol so the writers can pull a oh no we're out of power again cliffhanger
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

in the tao of rodney episode the rod that came in was wearing a leather jacket and his atlantis had 2 zpms, you think their timeline was a little ahead of ours? although in his timeline they had weir.

gelasius

Comment

knowing rodney one will be dead by the mid season and the other right before the last episode

Comment

either that or they'll forge about one of them.
          from the looks of it though the first one is pretty well depleted. maybe just enough power to raise the shield against a quick attack but nothing sustained.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I dunno. At the end of Lifeline, they said "Plenty of power in the ZPM", singular, not plural. So if there's any power left in the first ZPM, it's probably negligible.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Seriously, the "we're running low or out of power" thing is REALLY getting old. With the "Unending" Asgard tech, we SHOULD be able to figure something out to get rid of this plot device and move on to much better things.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post
                Seriously, the "we're running low or out of power" thing is REALLY getting old. With the "Unending" Asgard tech, we SHOULD be able to figure something out to get rid of this plot device and move on to much better things.

Though that makes sense, Atlantis won't get fully powered ever in the shows run simply because it makes the city invincible, they can just raise the shield or fly away any time trouble shows up, as it is they can just call up the Odyssey with its ZPM powered improved Hyperdrive to blast away any problems with Asgard phasers
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Unending was so stupid it makes everything in SGA uncredible because they solved all our problems and now we cant believe anything they write because they wrote unending, nothing is realistic now because unending happened. We got too many answers and them not mentioning it or affecting atlantis, espeically as supercarter who is the Asgard expert is in commander. Unending tech should be in Atlantis and solving all thier problems, so there really isnt any problems left and so i find it hard to find the asurians a threat considering the asgard gave us a replicator satalite thats stuck above the gamma site in orbit and we still havent dragged it to the PG and wiped them out.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

OK, I agree that the power thing is a little overused but the way they light up the city it makes sense at much power as they do use, maybe Al Gore should show them how to turn off a light when they leave a room, my school has sensors that if no one is in the room the lights shut off so maybe the most advanced city in the universe could have some.

Why don't they just use mirlins device and take the city out of phase when the Wraith show up.

Comment

Yeah, I also get tired of the whole, "oops, out of power", thing.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      Unending was so stupid it makes everything in SGA uncredible because they solved all our problems and now we cant believe anything they write because they wrote unending, nothing is realistic now because unending happened. We got too many answers and them not mentioning it or affecting atlantis, espeically as supercarter who is the Asgard expert is in commander. Unending tech should be in Atlantis and solving all thier problems, so there really isnt any problems left and so i find it hard to find the asurians a threat considering the asgard gave us a replicator satalite thats stuck above the gamma site in orbit and we still havent dragged it to the PG and wiped them out.
                      Imagen that you are Isaac Newton. You have a team of Scientist much like your self. You have Today's biggest and most complite Library with Books, Computers, DVD's VCR's Tape Recorders, record players, MP3's and every thing else that can be used for communication with a large collection of Video's in every modern day format.This Library contains any info on anything found in the Continental US. You and all of western Europe only have the Tech and knowledge that the world had in Newton's time..

Modern day Soviet Union is at your back door(They want to take there time and wage war for 5 years before completely overrunning Europe). Your mission is to backwards engineer the Tech and develop ways to defend England and all of western Europe from the USSR.

one Question, how fast could you build a T-model ford? Or a jeep? Or a Bazooka? Or lunch spy satellites? Or build a Sherman Tank let alone a M1A2 Abrams? Could you make a Nuclear power plant? Would you know how to make a RADAR sys? Would you even understand guidance sys for Missiles? How about Nukes, and would you keep from blowing your country up? Our a WW1 Fighter plane let alone an F-22? Well you be able to make a M-16? How could you even mass produce any of this? Do you even know where to look for this info? Can you fully understand the vocabulary, or would you need to look up the Dictionaries while you learn how to do this?

Most of all, how long will it be?
                      [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                      [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                        Though that makes sense, Atlantis won't get fully powered ever in the shows run simply because it makes the city invincible, they can just raise the shield or fly away any time trouble shows up, as it is they can just call up the Odyssey with its ZPM powered improved Hyperdrive to blast away any problems with Asgard phasers
                        Or they get a new enemy thats uberpowerful that blows thru the cityshield like tissue. Or radically upgrade the current badguys...

Comment

Originally posted by SG-25CSAR View Post
                          Yeah, I also get tired of the whole, "oops, out of power", thing.

Imagen that you are Isaac Newton. You have a team of Scientist much like your self. You have Today's biggest and most complite Library with Books, Computers, DVD's VCR's Tape Recorders, record players, MP3's and every thing else that can be used for communication with a large collection of Video's in every modern day format.This Library contains any info on anything found in the Continental US. You and all of western Europe only have the Tech and knowledge that the world had in Newton's time..

Modern day Soviet Union is at your back door(They want to take there time and wage war for 5 years before completely overrunning Europe). Your mission is to backwards engineer the Tech and develop ways to defend England and all of western Europe from the USSR.

one Question, how fast could you build a T-model ford? Or a jeep? Or a Bazooka? Or lunch spy satellites? Or build a Sherman Tank let alone a M1A2 Abrams? Could you make a Nuclear power plant? Would you know how to make a RADAR sys? Would you even understand guidance sys for Missiles? How about Nukes, and would you keep from blowing your country up? Our a WW1 Fighter plane let alone an F-22? Well you be able to make a M-16? How could you even mass produce any of this? Do you even know where to look for this info? Can you fully understand the vocabulary, or would you need to look up the Dictionaries while you learn how to do this?

Most of all, how long will it be?
                          The one fault with your analogy is that alternate future Carter(unending) figured out a way to turn Asgard beaming tech into a pattern duplication device in a matter of weeks. This “slight alteration” to a single piece of technology that is already in their possession holds the key to giving them every thing their hearts desire (or at least anything they have a schematic for or chemical formula).

In your analogy they would not have a piece of technology in their possession that would hold the capability to rapidly (if not instantaneously) reproduce other key technologies, or rapidly prototype knew tech from scratch that would help their situation.

Immhotep is quite right…the way they are handling thing in the post Unending SG universe is a joke.

For that matter Carter should be able to spread the wealth of her knowledge by simply sharing her memories with ALL of the top scientist (with security clearance) using the Galarin memory recall device, so that all of them can build on her work in a parallel concerted effort.

With Carter in Atlantis now the sky should be the limit, but I have no doubt that it will continue to be more of the same.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                          *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                          DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                          DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            I wouldn't want that at all. Having the city at full power would take away all the drama and angst.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Seperated@Birth? View Post

Yeah. Something better than a ZPM (an ASgard power core, while not as powerful, could last longer when in full use) that could take some of that extra strain off the ZPM.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X