Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the first 10 minutes of the show but from what I saw it is ridiculously lame. The last 10 minutes were stereotypical piss poor writing. Teyla gets the talk first line. Rodney gets to say I don't know and Ronan gets to say the brave yet not entirely smart line. I mean come on, does Shepard only use his little head to make a decision?

And I know they like to make him into a humanitarian but he was taken hostage and decides to stun his tormentors instead of killing them on the spot. That was just plain dumb. They have to die because of the Wraith attack.... Such a lame copt out.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      Good ep, though I expected the Travelers' ships to be much bigger. Loved the general story, though I think the dialogue was a bit cheesy at times.
      Jill Wagner isn't the best a dialogue. IT got better as the ep went on.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

started off great got a little boring in the middle but really came back at the end. I really thought we where going to get that ship.

Also happy that we got some a update on the wraith/replawar. ......

Comment

Nice. I liked it well enough, nothing super duper but MUCH better then I expected….maybe I just have low expectations.

The leather girl was not as slutty as expected, in fact, she didn’t really strike me as slutty at all, and that I didn’t expect. Sheppard only leered a little so even he was behaving much better then expected.

Too bad about the two traveler guys, I actually liked them.

Nice to find out information on Ronan’s gun.

Rodney was good in this well until the last scene. Ronan and Teyla looked suitably anxious and Loren did a good job as always

Wraith had better hair then the previous ep this season.

Sheppard acting like Ronan with the gun was funny.

The closet scene was not as bad as I thought it would be. The TPTB required bad sex joke when they were going to take out the wraith was, well…bad but could have been worse.

The drones were cool as always.

Ooooo Laren got wraithed. I could see it coming only after she shut the door but otherwise it was an unexpected turn in the show. I was however, immediately thinking about how Shep was going to threaten the wraith into de-wraithing her. It went about how I expected, though I was pleasantly surprised that Shep let the wraith leave (even if it wasn’t tactically sound I think it’s important to show honor).

Laren and Sheps behavior with a live wraith behind them was stupid….but at least Laren had a good reason….maybe Shep will learn his lesson.

Good job with Teyla talking about negociation and fairly OK reason not to given by the others. Big old ataboy to Sheppard for actually managing to talk and establish and alliance and without any sex jokes. The dinner scene was nice until Mckay got annoying. I Did like Teyla’s eye roll though.

Ultimately this was a MUCH better version of Prometheus Unbound. (yeah I just HAD to compare it to an SG-1 ep since someone else is likely to do it anyway )

Aahhhh I see Homeslice55 beat me too it.. kudos!
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
            I missed the first 10 minutes of the show but from what I saw it is ridiculously lame. The last 10 minutes were stereotypical piss poor writing. Teyla gets the talk first line. Rodney gets to say I don't know and Ronan gets to say the brave yet not entirely smart line. I mean come on, does Shepard only use his little head to make a decision?

And I know they like to make him into a humanitarian but he was taken hostage and decides to stun his tormentors instead of killing them on the spot. That was just plain dumb. They have to die because of the Wraith attack.... Such a lame copt out.
            Well, you're the odd one out. SORRY!

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

It had some elements from Prometheus Unbound- the whole capture thing, the stunning and escaping thing, sort of, but overall it was a unique episode. I waide to look a little like the other Ancient warships, though. Oh well. One question though. Why did the weapons have to be fired from the control chair? Why not the bridge?
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                ugh.. I was so excited for this episode. But to me:

Travelers=Prometheus Unbound

I feel like they are borrowing too many things from SG-1. Just new characters.
                How though?
                Those ships reminded me of Prometheus. Also, glad the ship survives, and, they can eventually repair it. I wonder though, why they did not offer to bring them to Atlantis?
                Ooo yes. Offer to bring the homicidal crazy aliens that are really smart to Atlantis.

Comment

I loved this episode much better than last weeks, and just as good as Reunion.

Pros:
                  - Loved the interaction between Larrin & Sheppard.
                  - Lorne was in it!
                  - The Wraith are just getting better and better.
                  - That makes 4 Aurora-class vessels ending up adrift or something (see Aurora, Inferno, The Return and this episode).
                  - Possible allies.

Cons:
                  - What was the name of the ship?
                  - How do we contact them in the future?

Comment

Pretty good episode. I can already forsee the gift of life becoming SGA's waaaaaaaay over used escape hatch for death much like ascension became in SG-1. I would have like some kind of discussion about why the travelers use the same weapon as Ronon more than just Sheppard's comment on it. I though it would have been cool if Ronon had a run in with them while he was a runner or something else like that they could have mentioned in the rap up scene. Over all I enjoyed my self, which is what counts. 7/10.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by psiu View Post
                      pretty nice episode--I thought Larin was done for after the Wraith got her...I loved the meal at the end.

Shepard--leaving out minor detail
                      McKay--suspicious
                      Ronon--grinning madly
                      Teyla--rolling her eyes at her boys
                      I've been drinking for three hours and I could have told you every scene before it was aired. Shepard is ridiculously predictable. And as soon as the Wraith attacked Larrin it was clear that Shepard would force the Wraith to revive him. And seriously, Shepard should get chewed a new a-hole for falling to secure that ship.

Comment

No. This is called tactical advantage. He made the assumption that she wasn't going to flood the room with radiation and kill him if he had hostages.
                        Why did the weapons have to be fired from the control chair? Why not the bridge?
                        Who really knows? Perhaps the bridge doesn't have weapons control and the ship was designed to complement a large group of people. Perhaps she assumed that Shepard knew how to aim really well.
                        How do we contact them in the future?
                        Orbiting satellite.
                        And seriously, Shepard should get chewed a new a-hole for falling to secure that ship.
                        Why? It's not like he had the rights to it. As bad as kidnapping is the ship was the Travelers.
                        Last edited by technoextreme; 26 October 2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

4 outa 10. All the buildup and then it just ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                            I've been drinking for three hours and I could have told you every scene before it was aired. Shepard is ridiculously predictable. And as soon as the Wraith attacked Larrin it was clear that Shepard would force the Wraith to revive him. And seriously, Shepard should get chewed a new a-hole for falling to secure that ship.
                            u get psychic abilities when ur drunk then the episode was original and interesting.

Comment

I liked this episode but the constant betraying got a little old.

The Wraith boarding the ship was a great add to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                                u get psychic abilities when ur drunk then the episode was original and interesting.
                                Its called an overused formula.

Comment

Working...
                                X