This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok im just guessing but

i think the Ancients use the storms on the planet were atlantis is to rechrage the ZMPs

Originally posted by lord-anubis
    i think the Ancients use the storms on the planet were atlantis is to rechrage the ZMPs
    ZPMs aren't really rechargeable.... though I'm sure the series will decide they are at somepoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      ZPMs aren't really rechargeable.... though I'm sure the series will decide they are at somepoint.
      who said they could not recharge zmp? and i like you sig i have no idea what to do for 3 months i guess i'll just watch stargate rewuns

Comment

It would seem that you can pass electric current through the ZPM in order to charge the other systems, but as for recharging the ZPM, itself; it's not happening...at least not yet. Maybe McKay will find a way. One can never know what TPTB will decide needs to be done to save Atlantis from another wraith attack.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

u know somethign they should make a zpm that has umlimited power that way the earth people would be happy and the warith wouldn't beable to do anything

Comment

Originally posted by Animefreak/Scififreak
            u know somethign they should make a zpm that has umlimited power that way the earth people would be happy and the warith wouldn't beable to do anything
            There is no force in nature that has unlimited power, all must expend fuel to produce energy.

Comment

Well before you all go around debunking what his guess, why don't you let him explain his theory?

lord-anubis - what makes you think the storms can recharge the ZPMs?

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                Well before you all go around debunking what his guess, why don't you let him explain his theory?

lord-anubis - what makes you think the storms can recharge the ZPMs?
                well if makay could use the storm to power the atlantis shelid maybe there is a way to recharge the zmps

Comment

Z.P.M.'s run on vacuum energy (a tremendous force I might add) in an enclosed bit of subspace, held within the ZPM module. There is no electrical charge. The Ancients found a way to harness the tremendous power of a vacuum (think of space) and get it to act in a controlled manner.

Comment

Z.P.M.'s run on vacuum energy (a tremendous force I might add) in an enclosed bit of subspace, held within the ZPM module. There is no electrical charge. The Ancients found a way to harness the tremendous power of a vacuum (think of space) and get it to act in a controlled manner.
                    I'm no physicist, but I certainly can't think of many ways you could use an electrical storm to reduce the entropy in a closed system.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      I'm no physicist, but I certainly can't think of many ways you could use an electrical storm to reduce the entropy in a closed system.
                      Well, you can't... Nor did I say you could...

Comment

Well, you can't... Nor did I say you could...
                        That's why I said originally that I didn't think ZPMs were rechargable. I seem to recall someone quoting an expert in Zero Point Energy saying "if they start talking about recharging, laugh."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Indeed, the problem is storing the energy into a renusable form. Storing electrical energy is extremely hard (for us), we have to turn it into a chemical or kenetic form. Most large producers of energy are in the form of a controlled reaction.

Comment

Well, we know Atlantis has lightning rods built on, we just don't know where they go yet. I'm sorry if they DID mention this already, but I can't remember.

They couldn't recharge a naquadah reactor, because that would only cause it to explode.

The Z.P.M. issue I addressed above.

So that would leave McKay to find a way to take a body of energy and divide it by the poles. One for the positive, the other for negative.

Comment

[QUOTE=aschen]Well, we know Atlantis has lightning rods built on, we just don't know where they go yet. I'm sorry if they DID mention this already, but I can't remember.[QUOTE]

Yes. The rods channel the lighting energy into the bottom of the ocean. It was mentioned specifically in the episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X