Teal'c and Tretonin (unending spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c and Tretonin (unending spoilers)

Firstly does Teal'c still use Tretonin? If that's the case how did he survive that 50 years in Unending without it? Surely he couldn't have had a 50 year supply? Can someone explain to me please unless I have missed something.
    Thanks.

in the episode we see carter using that matter fabricator type thing to create more tretonin for Teal'c.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty safe to assume that he just replicated it with Asgard technology. We saw Carter replicate instruments, so why not tretonin?
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

no, it is actually shown

Comment

As everyone has said, they show her creating Tretonin, and yes he still uses it, cuz if he didn't he woudl die from having no immune system.

: Green is Good.
          sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

This then begs the question, for that fabricator to keep operating and they are stuck in time, it needs a supply of matter to fabricate, where would this matter come from? It can't just create matter out of nothing, can it? If it did it certainly defies the most basic laws of physics.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
              This then begs the question, for that fabricator to keep operating and they are stuck in time, it needs a supply of matter to fabricate, where would this matter come from? It can't just create matter out of nothing, can it? If it did it certainly defies the most basic laws of physics.
              that's an easy one........waste and fecal matter.
              Last edited by P-90_177; 22 October 2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                that's an easy one........waist and fecal matter.
                Thats a reasonable answer, but it does not add up. Yes they can use waste etc, but simply by the fact they are living convert a lot of that matter is converted into energy to keep them going. Therefore there would be less and less matter available over time.

Comment

well it depends on how all the asgard tech on the ship works. i mean they have a far greater understanding of all science than we do. Plus it's possible that they could have converted many of the personal belongings and inocuous items of the rest of the crew.

Comment

They were eating the ship possibly.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Maybe the matter was being created out of nowhere. No one knows exactly how the Asgard tech works, or what it is capable of. "Our" laws of physics may not have applied.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

now we may have moved past this, but is it possible teal'c would not need the tretonin in that controlled enviroment after a few years?

Comment

how's that? I mean the reason why teal'c needs the tritonin is becasue he has absolutely no immune system with out. Even on the odyssey there would be millions if not billions of germs floating around everywhere. not to mention wheneverone of the other 5 got ill.

Comment

good point , I was just thinking that it would be a totally clean enviroment but i forgot to take into account the human factor

Comment

if anything she had 50 years to refine the Tretonin to the point that teal'c may not had needed it as often

Comment

Working...
                              X