This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe is AU

I think Stargate Universe could be an AU version of our favorite show, hens the title including Universe(they didn't want to say Alternate, just in case we figured it out). Well, i have and i am proud to say i would absolutly love to see them take their most powerful ship 'Odyssey' abroad in to an AU.

WOW, could we be seeing a 1 way expidition to an AU- one possivle AU or more??????

I now see why they would make this a feature- but i don't want it to be a 90 min feature, it should be a whole 2 hour 1.
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Umm... Stargate Universe is a new TV show, the movies are called Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate:Continuum

Comment

ehm I think you got the movies and the new tv show all mixed up dude
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
        I think Stargate Universe could be an AU version of our favorite show, hens the title including Universe(they didn't want to say Alternate, just in case we figured it out). Well, i have and i am proud to say i would absolutly love to see them take their most powerful ship 'Odyssey' abroad in to an AU.

WOW, could we be seeing a 1 way expidition to an AU- one possivle AU or more??????

I now see why they would make this a feature- but i don't want it to be a 90 min feature, it should be a whole 2 hour 1.
        BTW, don't post titles as "X is Y" unless it's actually true. Instead, try "What if X was a Y?" to keep confusion to a minimum.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

imho, there is little if anything they can gain by exploring an AU, especially if it's one way,
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Stargate Universe is not a TV Film! Its a 3rd series set in the stargate world! Only more stand alone compared to Atlantis!

As for it being in an AU. It would be intresting but to complecated! I mean having more than 1 person in the same universe causes that strange illness thing. Plus is another universe and not ours there4 what ever happens there has No effect or meaning to Earth in are universe. Making it almost pointless. Unless its some kind of alien race that has control over its universe and now wants interuniverse control. But i doudt it.

From the little info we have about universe its a nice idea but the 9th cheveron could do anything so untill we get more info everything is just speculation!

Also when is it being made? I mean theres been knowledge of it for over half a year now! Are they even casting for it yet or even still making it?
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Ugh. A whole TV series devoted to an AU? This better not be a good guess.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                Stargate Universe is not a TV Film! Its a 3rd series set in the stargate world! Only more stand alone compared to Atlantis!

As for it being in an AU. It would be intresting but to complecated! I mean having more than 1 person in the same universe causes that strange illness thing. Plus is another universe and not ours there4 what ever happens there has No effect or meaning to Earth in are universe. Making it almost pointless. Unless its some kind of alien race that has control over its universe and now wants interuniverse control. But i doudt it.

From the little info we have about universe its a nice idea but the 9th cheveron could do anything so untill we get more info everything is just speculation!

Also when is it being made? I mean theres been knowledge of it for over half a year now! Are they even casting for it yet or even still making it?
                I think they are probably still in the early development stages. Making a new tv show takes a loong time.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  Umm... Stargate Universe is a new TV show, the movies are called Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate:Continuum
                  No- you have misunderstood.
                  I mean, that Rob Cooper was saying they wanted to launch an SG series off another Stargate movie- nothing to do with SGA or SG-1 but a Stargate movie.

AU would be an interesting way to go-
                  sigpic
                  i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

No they said the 3rd series would be spinning off FROM the movies. So AOT and Cont. are what the movie will spin off from.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Stargate: Continuum

B'aal discovers a time travel device and travels back in time to A) make sure the SGC was never formed and B) ensure that he became the all powerful G'ouald

After SG-1 fixes the breaches in time, a new universe opens up the reality known in SG-1 fractures and becomes two realities A) the SG-1 reality the one where Stargate SG-1 is set and the B reality where the new one is set

That's possibly how its going to be set out if Stargate Universe is going to be an AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                        Stargate: Continuum

B'aal discovers a time travel device and travels back in time to A) make sure the SGC was never formed and B) ensure that he became the all powerful G'ouald

After SG-1 fixes the breaches in time, a new universe opens up the reality known in SG-1 fractures and becomes two realities A) the SG-1 reality the one where Stargate SG-1 is set and the B reality where the new one is set

That's possibly how its going to be set out if Stargate Universe is going to be an AU.
                        Lets hope its not an AU then!

Also if a new timline is made wat about Atlantis?

My best gess for SGU is that it takes place in the current SG-1/ATLANTIS timeline only with the public aware of whats going on (well most of it). and that any AU stuff will be to do with the 9th cheveron and to do will Alien attackers coming to are universe from another AU.
                        However we can't count it being based on somthing to do with universe as SGU is only a working title.
                        For all we know the show could have a completely diffrent name like "Stargate: Dinosaur Wars"
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Well in TRNT you answered both questions. Atlantis wasnt discovered and the US government declared marshal law.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

One of the first things Robert C. Cooper stated about the show, and this was before he gave us the title, was that it was taking place in the existing Stargate universe.

Also... are you SURE it's spinning off from a movie? I heard that it could "springboard" from one, but nothing was ever stated as definite.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

One question I have is about what RC or BW said. I believe it was something like SGU was not really going to be a spin-off but a separate entity. How is that possible? It would have to be a spin-off (of SG-1 obviously) since it will be earth people set in the present time. Another question... how can it be a separate entity moreso than Atlantis, but yet be different? the only way is to have it set in another galaxy, which Atlantis has already done. The only other thing is for them to start from the movie and make it diferent- which might as well be a spin off. I am so confused
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                              X