PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe is AU

Athosian Death facilitator
October 21st, 2007, 01:30 AM
I think Stargate Universe could be an AU version of our favorite show, hens the title including Universe(they didn't want to say Alternate, just in case we figured it out). Well, i have and i am proud to say i would absolutly love to see them take their most powerful ship 'Odyssey' abroad in to an AU.

WOW, could we be seeing a 1 way expidition to an AU- one possivle AU or more??????

I now see why they would make this a feature- but i don't want it to be a 90 min feature, it should be a whole 2 hour 1.

SGFerrit
October 21st, 2007, 03:56 AM
Umm... Stargate Universe is a new TV show, the movies are called Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate:Continuum:)

Jumper_One
October 21st, 2007, 03:58 AM
ehm I think you got the movies and the new tv show all mixed up dude

s09119
October 21st, 2007, 04:02 AM
I think Stargate Universe could be an AU version of our favorite show, hens the title including Universe(they didn't want to say Alternate, just in case we figured it out). Well, i have and i am proud to say i would absolutly love to see them take their most powerful ship 'Odyssey' abroad in to an AU.

WOW, could we be seeing a 1 way expidition to an AU- one possivle AU or more??????

I now see why they would make this a feature- but i don't want it to be a 90 min feature, it should be a whole 2 hour 1.

BTW, don't post titles as "X is Y" unless it's actually true. Instead, try "What if X was a Y?" to keep confusion to a minimum.

October 21st, 2007, 05:37 AM
imho, there is little if anything they can gain by exploring an AU, especially if it's one way,

MechaThor
October 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
Stargate Universe is not a TV Film! Its a 3rd series set in the stargate world! Only more stand alone compared to Atlantis!

As for it being in an AU. It would be intresting but to complecated! I mean having more than 1 person in the same universe causes that strange illness thing. Plus is another universe and not ours there4 what ever happens there has No effect or meaning to Earth in are universe. Making it almost pointless. Unless its some kind of alien race that has control over its universe and now wants interuniverse control. But i doudt it.

From the little info we have about universe its a nice idea but the 9th cheveron could do anything so untill we get more info everything is just speculation!

Also when is it being made? I mean theres been knowledge of it for over half a year now! Are they even casting for it yet or even still making it?

Ugly Pig
October 21st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Ugh. A whole TV series devoted to an AU? This better not be a good guess.

talyn2k1
October 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
Stargate Universe is not a TV Film! Its a 3rd series set in the stargate world! Only more stand alone compared to Atlantis!

As for it being in an AU. It would be intresting but to complecated! I mean having more than 1 person in the same universe causes that strange illness thing. Plus is another universe and not ours there4 what ever happens there has No effect or meaning to Earth in are universe. Making it almost pointless. Unless its some kind of alien race that has control over its universe and now wants interuniverse control. But i doudt it.

From the little info we have about universe its a nice idea but the 9th cheveron could do anything so untill we get more info everything is just speculation!

Also when is it being made? I mean theres been knowledge of it for over half a year now! Are they even casting for it yet or even still making it?

I think they are probably still in the early development stages. Making a new tv show takes a loong time.

October 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Umm... Stargate Universe is a new TV show, the movies are called Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate:Continuum:)

No- you have misunderstood.
I mean, that Rob Cooper was saying they wanted to launch an SG series off another Stargate movie- nothing to do with SGA or SG-1 but a Stargate movie.

AU would be an interesting way to go-

immhotep
October 22nd, 2007, 02:59 AM
No they said the 3rd series would be spinning off FROM the movies. So AOT and Cont. are what the movie will spin off from.

Lightbane
October 22nd, 2007, 04:21 AM
Stargate: Continuum

B'aal discovers a time travel device and travels back in time to A) make sure the SGC was never formed and B) ensure that he became the all powerful G'ouald

After SG-1 fixes the breaches in time, a new universe opens up the reality known in SG-1 fractures and becomes two realities A) the SG-1 reality the one where Stargate SG-1 is set and the B reality where the new one is set

That's possibly how its going to be set out if Stargate Universe is going to be an AU.

MechaThor
October 22nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Stargate: Continuum

B'aal discovers a time travel device and travels back in time to A) make sure the SGC was never formed and B) ensure that he became the all powerful G'ouald

After SG-1 fixes the breaches in time, a new universe opens up the reality known in SG-1 fractures and becomes two realities A) the SG-1 reality the one where Stargate SG-1 is set and the B reality where the new one is set

That's possibly how its going to be set out if Stargate Universe is going to be an AU.

Lets hope its not an AU then!

Also if a new timline is made wat about Atlantis?

My best gess for SGU is that it takes place in the current SG-1/ATLANTIS timeline only with the public aware of whats going on (well most of it). and that any AU stuff will be to do with the 9th cheveron and to do will Alien attackers coming to are universe from another AU.
However we can't count it being based on somthing to do with universe as SGU is only a working title.
For all we know the show could have a completely diffrent name like "Stargate: Dinosaur Wars"

immhotep
October 22nd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Well in TRNT you answered both questions. Atlantis wasnt discovered and the US government declared marshal law.

any_gopher
October 22nd, 2007, 08:49 AM
One of the first things Robert C. Cooper stated about the show, and this was before he gave us the title, was that it was taking place in the existing Stargate universe.

Also... are you SURE it's spinning off from a movie? I heard that it could "springboard" from one, but nothing was ever stated as definite.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM
One question I have is about what RC or BW said. I believe it was something like SGU was not really going to be a spin-off but a separate entity. How is that possible? It would have to be a spin-off (of SG-1 obviously) since it will be earth people set in the present time. Another question... how can it be a separate entity moreso than Atlantis, but yet be different? the only way is to have it set in another galaxy, which Atlantis has already done. The only other thing is for them to start from the movie and make it diferent- which might as well be a spin off. I am so confused:(

any_gopher
October 26th, 2007, 07:13 AM
One question I have is about what RC or BW said. I believe it was something like SGU was not really going to be a spin-off but a separate entity. How is that possible? It would have to be a spin-off (of SG-1 obviously) since it will be earth people set in the present time. Another question... how can it be a separate entity moreso than Atlantis, but yet be different? the only way is to have it set in another galaxy, which Atlantis has already done. The only other thing is for them to start from the movie and make it diferent- which might as well be a spin off. I am so confused:(

I take it they mean that the first episode won't start with the SGC and all-familiar characters, but it will start all on its own accord, but still in the same Universe. That help? :)

kymeric
October 26th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I hear they find a ginormous advanced alien spacestation in the subspace layer and fight noncoporal aliens who posess humans from our universe. Theyre linked by the stargate to earth but this area of subspace phases them to alternate versions of the planets we know and only periodically phases back into line with the 'real' universe.

Just FYI

marty2006
October 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
lol

ManiacMike
October 27th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Im hoping SG-U will be about how we reveal the stargate program. And we discover a whole new universe filled with baddies but our lone ship we send out there, thats all new and high tech-ified gets lost and has to make its way back to the MW galaxy.

kymeric
October 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Im hoping SG-U will be about how we reveal the stargate program. And we discover a whole new universe filled with baddies but our lone ship we send out there, thats all new and high tech-ified gets lost and has to make its way back to the MW galaxy.

That would completely ruin the franchise. SG is cool cause it could be happening right now, if the real world found out something like that existed we would all go berserker. It would be freaking out like 9-11 on a constant basis. That would have such a profound change on the american psyche it wouldnt be relatable to the real world anymore.

Jumper_One
October 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM
That would completely ruin the franchise. SG is cool cause it could be happening right now, if the real world found out something like that existed we would all go berserker. It would be freaking out like 9-11 on a constant basis. That would have such a profound change on the american psyche it wouldnt be relatable to the real world anymore.

I agree the Stargate program shouldn't be revealed. that's one of the things which makes this franchise so cool. though I can't believe TBTB would even consider doing this

Ugly Pig
October 28th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I agree the Stargate program shouldn't be revealed. that's one of the things which makes this franchise so cool. though I can't believe TBTB would even consider doing this

Well, back when 'Lost City' was going to be the SG-1 movie, they intended for the President to make the Stargate public. So they would definitely consider it.

Jumper_One
October 28th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well, back when 'Lost City' was going to be the SG-1 movie, they intended for the President to make the Stargate public. So they would definitely consider it.

no idea what they were planning for a possible movie. but didn't he also want to make a statement in the series finale? because at that time the only reason was they knew that Anubis was on his way to Earth and the President wanted to let the public know what would most likely happen. it was a crisis situation and in the end he didn't make that speech. I always thought TBTB like to play with the idea but something would always happen to prevent it. like I said I don't see them even consider it

DeRoest
October 28th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I've never really understood the rationale behind not letting the public know. the other countries of the world already know, and I understand it works to continue continuity with real world events. but come on! why would anyone panic if the stargate were public?

kymeric
October 29th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I've never really understood the rationale behind not letting the public know. the other countries of the world already know, and I understand it works to continue continuity with real world events. but come on! why would anyone panic if the stargate were public?

The bible belt alone would destroy the enviroment by all simultaneously crapping their pants then screaming how it dosent fit their religion. Dont even get me started on the middle east.

An-Alteran
October 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Please don't insult peoples beliefs.

FallenAngelII
October 31st, 2007, 01:17 AM
Stargate Universe is not a TV Film!
Neither are Ark of Truth and Continuum. They're Direct-to-DVD releases... that might be televised.

Freekzilla
October 31st, 2007, 05:43 AM
Hmm, I'm thinking the 9th Chevron may have something to do with "alternate dimensions" within our own universe. Kind of like how Merlins Phasing technology takes things out of phase, but is still in the same place. We know the ancients experimented with things like, the little device that made everyone see those aliens in "Sight Unseen", and they did create that sanctuary on the planet where they lived at an excellerated rate, SGA-Epiphany I think it was. The ZPM's themselves are a sort of alternate dimension if you really think about it. It is a artificially created "self-contained region of subspace time". So maybe that 9th chevron allows access to alternate dimensions but not alternate realities. Who knows what could be all around us in another dimension. What better way to get there than the stargate? It does afterall take matter, convert it to energy, and then sends it along a subspace corridor created by the formation of a wormhole then to the destination. What's to say that instead of rematerializing things at a destination within our own "dimension", that it uses the subspace wormhole to "punch through" to another dimension?

marty2006
October 31st, 2007, 06:08 AM
Whatever its going to be like it has to go back to being stargate and not starship lol, although i love the space battles etc we gotta have it as us going through the gate again and exploring new worlds, where ever its going to take place. Like early sg1.

Freekzilla
October 31st, 2007, 06:26 AM
I just thought of something. The more I thought about it, the more what I said makes sense. The new series name is Universe. That implies, "everything". What we perceive as our universe is not really everything. It includes all the other dimensions. It's like, what we as humans can perceive as the universe is, like a sheet of paper. You can have all the planets and galaxies and such on that piece of paper. But the universe is really more like those packs of copy paper, aka, a whole bundle of sheets bundled together. With each sheet being it's own layer of perception. The 9th chevron enables you to go from one sheet to another, but once you are there, the normal gate addresses should work as usual. And this differs from AU as in, instead of going to another sheet within the same pack of paper, AU is going to the same sheet, but in a different pack. See what I mean? Make any sense? And, seeing as you'd have to go through the gate to get to another "sheet", you couldn't take a ship with you. (Not at first atleast.) Therefore, you'd have to rely on the gates to get around. So in a way, it would be a little like starting all over again. Also, a new dimension could also mean new laws of physics. Could be very interesting to explore.

marty2006
October 31st, 2007, 09:03 AM
I just thought of something. The more I thought about it, the more what I said makes sense. The new series name is Universe. That implies, "everything". What we perceive as our universe is not really everything. It includes all the other dimensions. It's like, what we as humans can perceive as the universe is, like a sheet of paper. You can have all the planets and galaxies and such on that piece of paper. But the universe is really more like those packs of copy paper, aka, a whole bundle of sheets bundled together. With each sheet being it's own layer of perception. The 9th chevron enables you to go from one sheet to another, but once you are there, the normal gate addresses should work as usual. And this differs from AU as in, instead of going to another sheet within the same pack of paper, AU is going to the same sheet, but in a different pack. See what I mean? Make any sense? And, seeing as you'd have to go through the gate to get to another "sheet", you couldn't take a ship with you. (Not at first atleast.) Therefore, you'd have to rely on the gates to get around. So in a way, it would be a little like starting all over again. Also, a new dimension could also mean new laws of physics. Could be very interesting to explore.

great idea, green for you :D

kirkeastmetn
November 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM

very cool way of putting it, i think Carter described it as layers upon layers, sort of like your sheet upon sheet analogy.

Also just thought i'd point out that the part about no ship travel, your forgetting that the puddle jumpers{or gateships :D} can travel through the gates, and would be the much safer way to travel through the gate system because in these different layers, the ancients may still be in the milky way and may have upgraded the gate system and used space gates. As we know thats how the ancients made the better gates in pegasus galaxy.

Freekzilla
November 2nd, 2007, 09:06 AM
great idea, green for you :D

Thank you!

very cool way of putting it, i think Carter described it as layers upon layers, sort of like your sheet upon sheet analogy.

Also just thought i'd point out that the part about no ship travel, your forgetting that the puddle jumpers{or gateships :D} can travel through the gates, and would be the much safer way to travel through the gate system because in these different layers, the ancients may still be in the milky way and may have upgraded the gate system and used space gates. As we know thats how the ancients made the better gates in pegasus galaxy.

Thank you thank you! And you are right. A PJ would be a nice safe way to test things out.

And, I've actually expanded on my theory too. Did some more background research, and, my theory would also explain a phenomenon that is currently unexplained. As of yet, all the known material in our universe added together doesn't account for the observed mass and energy. In other words, the known material (matter) isn't enough to explain it's overall mass and energy levels. Having these additional "sheets of paper" outside of our perception, would easily account for the extra mass and energy. Currently, scientists generically use the term Dark Matter and Dark Energy to explain the discrepancies. Only thing is, they don't know what dark matter and dark energy is. The packs of copy paper also give us an anology as to what subspace is. Now, that could be described as the thick wrapping that encloses the individual bundles of paper sheets. This would also explain how a rupture in subspace would enable a traveler from another pack of paper to use the gate to "cross over", like they did in SG-1's Ripple Effect. :D

Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab
November 4th, 2007, 11:26 AM

I agree, its like having alien invasions in London all the time, it just ends up a joke.

November 10th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Thank you!

Thank you thank you! And you are right. A PJ would be a nice safe way to test things out.

And, I've actually expanded on my theory too. Did some more background research, and, my theory would also explain a phenomenon that is currently unexplained. As of yet, all the known material in our universe added together doesn't account for the observed mass and energy. In other words, the known material (matter) isn't enough to explain it's overall mass and energy levels. Having these additional "sheets of paper" outside of our perception, would easily account for the extra mass and energy. Currently, scientists generically use the term Dark Matter and Dark Energy to explain the discrepancies. Only thing is, they don't know what dark matter and dark energy is. The packs of copy paper also give us an anology as to what subspace is. Now, that could be described as the thick wrapping that encloses the individual bundles of paper sheets. This would also explain how a rupture in subspace would enable a traveler from another pack of paper to use the gate to "cross over", like they did in SG-1's Ripple Effect. :D

how about anti-matter?
good explanation.

freetoken
November 10th, 2007, 02:56 AM
how about anti-matter?
good explanation.

Nope, not it.

freetoken
November 10th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Whatever its going to be like it has to go back to being stargate and not starship lol, although i love the space battles etc we gotta have it as us going through the gate again and exploring new worlds, where ever its going to take place. Like early sg1.

Agree... no more ships.

Still, I think it would be best if TPTB would let the franchise rest for a few years, before starting up another spinoff. Why not just make 1 or 2 made for TV or made for DVD mini-movies ( < 90 minutes) until some really really good ideas come along...

ha'tak_
November 16th, 2007, 07:11 AM
i read that the sgu will be a show where the use the 8 and the 9 chveron and it was once on gateworld a poll where you thougt the sgu will take place