This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC and Atlantis floorplans/blueprints

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of any existing floorplans of the fictional SGC or the SGC soundstage. Additionally, I'm looking for the same for the Atlantis floorplans or some educated approximation of them. If so, would anyone be generous enough to donate them to me?

The reason I'm requesting these is so I can have fun making Half-Life (HL) game maps based on them. Yes, I do know about the StargateMods website, and I know of at least one HL map already made. However, I enjoy making HL maps of my own, usually for my own entertainment. However, I'd of course be willing to share my maps with anyone interested when I was finished, to return the favor of any generosity.

The maps I make are for the first Half-Life game only. This is because, I obviously don't have HL2 yet and my current hardware most likely won't run HL2 until I do some upgrading.

Anyway, any replies would be deeply appreciated.

Lloyd B.
    Lloyd

Many room are reused for example the the infermary is also used for daniel's ofice. So i don't think you will find a floor plane but if you want to watch all the eps and take notes one what floors the room are one ad other such things you might be able to figure somthing out.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
    M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
    geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
      Many room are reused for example the the infermary is also used for daniel's ofice. So i don't think you will find a floor plane but if you want to watch all the eps and take notes one what floors the room are one ad other such things you might be able to figure somthing out.
      You have a good point. Although camera angles don't always give a good representation of the room dimensions, which I suspect is intentional to give the impression it's a different location.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know about the multiple uses for the sets?

I may just create a theoretical different Stargate base off-world for a game map. That will give me more creative license and I won't have to worry details right now. Although, I still want to make an SGC eventually.

I did find a basic layout at Carter's Lab which I suspect was derived from one of the episodes where they show part of the SGC on a security monitor.

Lloyd
      Lloyd

Comment

I herd about it on one of the low down but i don't know which one might have been the one for season 8 (or 7) i really have no idea.
        geekcode

Comment

I herd about it on one of the low down but i don't know which one might have been the one for season 8 (or 7) i really have no idea.
          I think there was one in an episode named Legacy. Teal'c ended up almost falling over the security desk after being infected by one of Ma`chello's little Goa'uld killing worms or whatever they were. There was also a psuedo layout in the episode when Hathor abducted the SG1 team and took them to a replicated SGC. Unfortunately, I didn't save those episodes at the time since I wasn't planning on making a SGC map then.

I still need to find some Atlantis floorplans. However, I'm still looking around daily. I just need to keep digging.

I do appreciate your replies though, Gorthaur, it seems you're the only one who has expressed any interest in helping.
          Lloyd

Comment

I don't remember seeing those but that doesn't mean anything and I don't have the eps either(I only have the sesons 1-2 on dvd por me). I don't think you will find much on atlantis because most of it hasn't been discoverd.
            geekcode

Comment

I don't remember seeing those but that doesn't mean anything and I don't have the eps either(I only have the sesons 1-2 on dvd por me). I don't think you will find much on atlantis because most of it hasn't been discoverd.
              At least you have some of them on DVD. I don't have any DVDs collected yet, it's on my "ToDo, when I have money" list. I think the episodes I've referring to were in season 6 and 7, but I don't know without looking them up on the guide here.

As for Atlantis, I'm not really looking for the whole city. I'm just interested in the main control room and maybe a few fringe areas close to it where they spend the most time. I should've been more specific in my first post.

It would be cool if the writers or set designers made up a fictitious layout for SG:A fans.
              Lloyd

Comment

Talk to the guy that made the ancient writing for atlantis mabe he can get you a floor map. if you don't know what I'm talking abut read this incredibaly long threadhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2024 or you could just look at the second to last page.
                geekcode

Comment

Theres a thread in the General Discussion section by a guy who visited the sets. theres a link to pictures that may or may not be useful to you so i suggest you have a look over there

Comment

In Rising there is a close up of the on-screen Blueprint of the city. Best I can tell you. look on http://www.new-atlantis.net/
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      In Rising there is a close up of the on-screen Blueprint of the city. Best I can tell you. look on http://www.new-atlantis.net/
                      Mio, thanks for the web address, that's a site I haven't seen yet. It did have sone screenshot of the overall city but no details. I suspect I'll have to just really look through the episodes and capture my own shots as I see material of interest.

Originally posted by Tyr
                      Theres a thread in the General Discussion section by a guy who visited the sets. theres a link to pictures that may or may not be useful to you so i suggest you have a look over there
                      Tyr, I'll read through and find the person tonight. They may be a great resource if they're able to document anything. Looks like I need to explore more of the different sub-forums and threads.

Talk to the guy that made the ancient writing for atlantis mabe he can get you a floor map. if you don't know what I'm talking abut read this incredibaly long thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2024 or you could just look at the second to last page.
                      Gorthaur, thanks again for your replies. I was just reading the thread you suggested. The fonts may also be useful in making the map, so that suggestion was great regardless if I find someone to help with the floorplans or not. Actually I cheated when reading that thread, I have my thread reading preferences set to show the latest posts first, so it's in reverse chronological order. I was able to read some of what you were referring to right away. I guess I'm too impatient sometimes.

Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your help regardless of the outcome. I'll look into all of the resources all of you have suggested.
                      Lloyd

Comment

hey man, iv just found this website and had to join right away cos it seems i have the same problem as urself. I need floorplans of stargate sg1 control room, mine however is for an educational purpose. i am doing games design in university and one of the subjects requires usto model the control room and surrounding rooms.having a scaled floor plan would be sooooo good to have. im looking on the net on a daily basis aswell and i just thought u mite have found a result yet? i dont expect you to just give me them if you have them but i would gladly give lots of sites with pictures and for us to help eachother. I really hope you can understand my rude asking but i believe you are in the same boat. thanks alot, looking forward to reading a reply soon.

-=Davz=-
                        -=DAVZ=-

Comment

Working...
                        X