Ronon's reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon's reputation

Okay, I haven't watched the episode yet, so I may be wrong on this. But: Wasn't it previously established that Ronon is known on many planets as one who always brings Wraith behind him? Now he's suddenly a folk hero who everyone looks up to?

There are a plenty of ways it can be explained in the story, but I'm somewhat worried about the actual reasons.

i'm sure ronon is considered as the 'wraith bringer' to several worlds but no doubt he also does have a reputation for hunting the wraith as well.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

His friends didn't say he was a folkhero. They just repeated the stories with smiles on their faces and cheer to spread when they said something that they considered impressive. Although to some he would indeed be an inspiration just so long as he stayed away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        His friends didn't say he was a folkhero. They just repeated the stories with smiles on their faces and cheer to spread when they said something that they considered impressive.
        "Seven feet tall and had the strength of five men and killed a hundred Wraith" doesn't sound like the kind of details that a story of a traitor would accumulate, though. Humans who he was directly fighting against would take care to mention his strength, but that's still not how it's played as in the episode.
        Last edited by DocumentN; 20 October 2007, 08:05 AM. Reason: the word "exaggerate" isn't necessarily accurate

Comment

I disagree - It's perfectly acceptable for people to hate runners and still describe how one such runner managed to fight off creatures that they hate much more. It's not everyday that they see the Wraith as vulnable afterall, so someone who is capable of showing them that they are would be seen as quite the impressive figure to them even though they hate him for bringing the Wraith and causing their loved ones to be taken.

Comment

if you think about it, perhaps runners are intended to show fear amongst worlds as well as training. I mean if a runner comes to a village looking battered and beaten then you are going to fear the wraith even more, particularly if that man is built like a warrior. The fact that ronon is a runner and yet can still kill so many wraith must be somewhat of a legend among many worlds.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

True. Plus a runner showing up, no matter how many wraith he has killed, is showing to the locals the wraith are on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                if you think about it, perhaps runners are intended to show fear amongst worlds as well as training. I mean if a runner comes to a village looking battered and beaten then you are going to fear the wraith even more, particularly if that man is built like a warrior. The fact that ronon is a runner and yet can still kill so many wraith must be somewhat of a legend among many worlds.
                Don't forget that some people may not truly understand what Runners are. When we are introduced to Ronon, Teyla says she had heard stories, but she hadn't actually met one. There's no way to know if someone is a runner when they arrive until the Wraith come for them.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                X