Ever Have a Farscape Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Have a Farscape Moment?

I got an idea from this board in the General Stargate Discussion thread, "Ever have a Stargate Moment?" and I've recently got into Farscape.

Moments when you've just been reminded of Farscape, suddenly, unexpectedly etc.

For example: I was looking through my Dad's My Music Folder, and one of the titles was "Pilot - Magic".

Listening to a song called Movies, by Alien Ant Farm.
    The Chorus:
    I want you to be free / Don't worry about me / And just like the movies / We play out our last scene
    Verse 3:
    In our short years we come long way / To treat it bad and throw away / And if we make a little space / A science fiction showcase / In our short film, a love disgrace / Dream a scene to brighten face / In our short years we come long way / To treat it bad, just to throw it away

For some reason, I was listening to the song and thought of Talyn and Crais for the first bolded bit, and of course for the second, the whole show

So, post your own farscape moments. You can also post times in Stargate that have reminded you of Farscape.
    Last edited by THe KiKO peRsON; 20 October 2007, 02:49 AM. Reason: Typo!

Behind Blue Eyes by The Who ...

First time I heard the song (earlier this year), all I could think of was poor John. Someone else though the same thing, because there's a fan-vid out there to Behind Blue Eyes.

The version I heard was on a CD by The Chieftains, performed by Roger Daltrey. (I love this version, BTW)

Parts of the songs made me think of John in Crackers Don't Matter and others made me think of Talyn John in Infinite Possibilities.

Comment

I watched a vid on youtube, and now I associate Weird Al's "Trigger Happy" with Farscape.

Also, listening to OK GO's album OH NO. I was thinking about Farscape, and the CD was on. I then heard something that made me bolt off my bed, scrabbling to find the lyric booklet, and what song it was.

The song: A Good Idea At The Time

The lyrics that made me search for the booklet: "Now how it all went down, only Pilate knows / All I ever asked of him is when the bars would close."

I heard the Pilate thing, and it sounded like he was saying Pilot! Then I imagined John was singing it! "All I ever asked of him is when the bars would close."

Comment

O.O

Mum and Brother watching Ella Enchanted. They have to leave. I sit down. Start watching. Prince Char introduce Ella to his uncle. I start laughing. Why? Because her title/name is:

Ella of Frell

Oooooooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyy....................

Comment

I was at my friends house, and she gets a girls' magazine called Dolly (though it could have been Girlfriend). I was bored (she was on msn) and asked her if I could read it. She said yes.

So I started reading, and came to a section where daughters of an editor, actor, rock star, news reporter, and I can't remember the last, were talking about how it was to be kids of those people. I got to the actor's daughter, and started reading. Then I went to the top, where it said who her mother was:

Alyssa-Jane Cook!!!

I did a double take when I read that! What about you, has any one else read that article? They're Aussie magazines. Or found an article like that?

Comment

I wish i could find aussie or Uk Mags in the States!!!
            Most of My Farscape Moments happen on accident, when i curse, and i realize there are children, i change it into Frell, Dren, etcetera. and when im trying to remember words for a Language class, i start spouting of names from Farscape
            and and are my favorites
            I miss the Nox. They were AWESOME.

Comment

There's a song on Avril Lavingne's second CD, Under My Skin, called Take Me Away. For some reason I keep thinking of a "fanfiction" called Virtual Season 5: http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5/ . There's a coupla parts in there about Pilot and his homeworld and trials and stuff, this song reminds me of it.

Comment

Guy called Lonny Stark in credits of a dinosaur show i just saw.

Comment

watching a show, and the lady mentions a boat called a dreadnought

Comment

whenever i hear the "1812 Overture", all i can think of is Crichton wailing around writing his wormhole formulae.

Comment

Personally having just watched all four seasons in the space of a month i just end up refrencing farscape an unesseceary ammount.

My favorite is if anyone gets too close to me i sketch out and start shouting

"MY SIDE YOUR SIDE! MY SIDE YOUR SIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                        Personally having just watched all four seasons in the space of a month
                        I watched all 4 seasons and the PK Wars in less than 2 weeks

I borrowed them from my uncle on the Wednesday of the first week of the Holidays. He, on the next Wednesday, bought me season 9 of SG-1. I didn't watch it until I'd finished Farscape.

Comment

seasons 1-4 of farcape fell on my head
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

I recently got Seson 10 of sg-1, (finished it in two days) and was watching Unending
                            Spoiler:
                            In Unending, while they're trapped in the time dilation field, there are two things that reminded me of Farscape.

1. They show Christmas time at one stage. Cam leans across to kiss Sam, then kisses Vala. It kinda reminded me of "Terra Firma".

2. It reminded me of the episode "The Locket", in which "While travelling through a mist Aeryn scouts ahead for several hours, but when she emerges, she has aged 150 cycles. She informs Moya's crew that they have to leave lest they be trapped there forever. When she departs again, Crichton follows her only to get trapped on the planet with her, where he's forced to stay for several decades." In this episode the only ones who remember are Zhaan and Stark.

the discription is from Wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
                              O.O

Mum and Brother watching Ella Enchanted. They have to leave. I sit down. Start watching. Prince Char introduce Ella to his uncle. I start laughing. Why? Because her title/name is:

Ella of Frell

Oooooooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyy....................
                              That made my day!

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                              X