This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious

I'm sure this was covered somewhere but how to they actual get to the lost city? Do they take the stargate that the current SGC uses or do they find another gate in the area where season seven ended?

it is via the sgc gate

Comment

the gate that would have been from the outpost was the beta gate discovered in "Solitudes" and destroyed in "Redemption" so it's safe to assume that they use the SGC gate to get to atlantis/ also if you have seen the new trailer or screen caps from it they are in the SGC gate room getting ready to leave for atlantis

Comment

I'm sure that in spoilers it said that the entire Lost City is on earth, or does the SGC gate lead to the Atlantis gate in Antartica?
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          I'm sure that in spoilers it said that the entire Lost City is on earth, or does the SGC gate lead to the Atlantis gate in Antartica?
          no there is only an outpost remaining on earth. they take the SGC gate to atlantis which is in another galaxy

Comment

At least I'm not the only one who thought these crazy thoughts.

So for the final say its:

A group of people have found a "tablet" in Antarctica near the place where O'Neil sat in the chair, to defeat Anubis.

They then find the coordinates to a new gate, that leads to Atlantis, which is in another galazy?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

SPOILERS for the premiere of Stargate Atlantis, "Rising" (and for "Lost City, Part 2") ...

In examining the base found in Antarctica in "Lost City," they find the location of the city (the Pegasus galaxy) and an 8-symbol Stargate address. Then they hop over to the S.G.C. with a super-duper ZPM power unit, and send the Atlantis team to the address.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I suspect at some point when Jack O'Neill is in the first one, he'll say "follow the yellow brick road." It's the only OZ refernece they haven't used!

But they get through a gate, as I recall. Well, whatever, it doesn't matter. They ain't getting back. Sort of a land-locked LOST IN SPACE, come to think of it....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  But they get through a gate, as I recall. Well, whatever, it doesn't matter. They ain't getting back. Sort of a land-locked LOST IN SPACE, come to think of it....
                  Presumably the 'getting back' question will just be a matter of finding another power unit and getting it hitched to the Gate, and possibly also of working out which of the 38 non-origin symbols on the Atlantis Gate will perform the required distance/galactic code calculation. Hopefully it won't be a major part of the series, which would be too much of an unwelcome reminder of Infinity.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

It will be great to see how they find themselves their way home. Perhaps on the Atlantis gate you can dial up to eight chevrons because it's another galaxy?

There is nine chevrons on each gate including the one in the SGC but we've only ever seen eight used
                    __

__

Comment

I'm thinking, hoping even, that we will be getting back to Earth by the end of season 1. I think all we definitely know is that Weir says we may never get home... note the "may." But I also think there's no guarantee... Amanda Tapping only said she hoped for a crossover ep, not definitely had one. And, if these nice, friendly power unit things are reusable, we can still dial to the Atlantis gate and communicate. You would think, though, that since it is possible to dial 8 chevrons, and since the Atlantis gate appears more advanced (appears... although we are debating this in that other thread), that it would already have the ability to dial 8 chevrons... but who knows. Anyways, that's what I think.
                      Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Well, you can dial eight chevrons from any gate; it's just that most of them don't have the power to open an intergalactic wormhole. The SGC dialling computer isn't built to accept anything but the standard seven-entry addresses under normal circumstances, but presumably a DHD could do so, even if it couldn't open the wormhole.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                        X