This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could there be an SG:A movie?

The X Files had a movie half way through it's run that was a major event. I believe it was the first time aliens and space ships were seen. If not the first time, the first time it was in your face anyway. With the production of two SG-1 movies, I've begun to wonder if we may see an SG:A movie while the show is still on the air. Do you think it's popular enough for this to happen, or do you think we won't see a movie until after SG:A ends, much like how MGM waited for SG-1 to end before making an SG-1 movie?

Popularity of Stargate is exceeding that of Star Trek so I believe an Atlantis movie is about a 98% possibility. MGM obviously wants Stargate to continue and with the way Atlantis has been improving a movie will more than likely happen. Whether or not it happening during the shows run is another matter. It might or it might not. If the fans were really lucky, we could be looking at ten seasons of SG-1, ten seasons of Atlantis, two and more to come SG-1 movies and Atlantis movies; not counting Stargate: Universe which I hope does well and gets ten seasons too along with movies. Hopeful thinking tho
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
      Popularity of Stargate is exceeding that of Star Trek so I believe an Atlantis movie is about a 98% possibility. MGM obviously wants Stargate to continue and with the way Atlantis has been improving a movie will more than likely happen. Whether or not it happening during the shows run is another matter. It might or it might not. If the fans were really lucky, we could be looking at ten seasons of SG-1, ten seasons of Atlantis, two and more to come SG-1 movies and Atlantis movies; not counting Stargate: Universe which I hope does well and gets ten seasons too along with movies. Hopeful thinking tho
      Very hopeful thinking, but I like it.

Seriously though, I don't see why SGA wouldn't have a movie made at some point. It might be direct-to-DVD like the SG-1 movies are, but still, a movie is a movie.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Stargate hasn't exceeded Star Trek's popularity, it just seems that way because Star Trek is currently off the air. That's not to say Stargate isn't popular, it's just not as popular as Star Trek.

I think SG:A is popular enough to get a direct-to-video movie since those can be made on a modest budget. I'm just wondering if we'll see this happen while the series is on the air or after it ends. It seems MGM wants to focus on SG-1 movies for now. I don't think we'll see ten seasons of SG:A, at least not on SciFi. I truelly believe SG-1 lasted as long as it did due to switching networks. Showtime paid for and aired five seasons, then SciFi paid for and aired five seasons. This is why I think SG:A will return for Season 5, but SciFi may consider cancelling it after that. Five years is a good run, but I hope it continues.

Comment

Well, I am sure it could, as JM already stated on his blog . I am still hoping for a minimum of 7 year run for SGA. Go out strong.

Comment

Why seven? Why not six or eight? What makes seven so special? I ask, because I remember fans expecting Star Trek: Enterprise to have a seven year run just because the previous modern Star Trek shows had done so. I say a show should last as long as it stays fresh wether that be three years or ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              Why seven? Why not six or eight? What makes seven so special? I ask, because I remember fans expecting Star Trek: Enterprise to have a seven year run just because the previous modern Star Trek shows had done so. I say a show should last as long as it stays fresh wether that be three years or ten.
              My opinion tells me it has the capacity for a good seven year run.

I have to say this because it's funny "Daniel Jackson is asking me a lot of questions today!" Sorry, I just never expected I would ever say that

Comment

I could definitely see a SGA movie at some point during the show's run. I would however like to see SGA get to 100 episodes first, then afterward do some sort of movie but I do think that the success of SG1's two movies would definitely play a part in seeing if the franchise can exist outside TV. If they do well, it could give an incentive to the MGM bigwigs to give the go ahead for one.

sigpic

Comment

Would be nice if there was an AGS movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                    Well, I am sure it could, as JM already stated on his blog . I am still hoping for a minimum of 7 year run for SGA. Go out strong.
                    Thats what I think it will end at, maybe not strong though

Comment

As much as i would love it, no. Lets talk facts, it took 10 years for SG1 to get a movie, and movie which had been proposed as early as season 5. The Lost city was scripted as the Sg1 Movie. Sg1 had to be cancelled for them to fund a movie. If SGA is cancelled then maybe but at the moment MGM is financing 2 series, 2 movies, and a MMO and have already financed 14 season of SG as it is. Plus what would the plot be?

I think Sg1 needs movies more than SGA. However im good for any SG movies i just dont think its likely.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

I'll love to see a SGA movie, but not directly to dvd, but one in theathers, like the one from x-files. that'll be great, what they should do is make it in a way that is not necessary for the people to be a fan or follower of the series in order to understand it. That's what they did with the x-files, that way you can catch new fans.

By the way, on x-files, aliens ans ships were shown before the movie.

Comment

I'd love to see an SGA movie. however I don't think it's likely to happen in the near future. The X-Files movie was to happen between seasons 5 and 6 when the show was really popular and production moved to LA. so we'd have to wait at least 2 more years. and we don't know if we'll see more of SG-1, that will certainly affect such a decision.
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            As much as i would love it, no. Lets talk facts, it took 10 years for SG1 to get a movie, and movie which had been proposed as early as season 5. The Lost city was scripted as the Sg1 Movie. Sg1 had to be cancelled for them to fund a movie.
                            The plan had always been to make the SG-1 movie after the show ended.

If SGA is cancelled then maybe but at the moment MGM is financing 2 series, 2 movies, and a MMO and have already financed 14 season of SG as it is. Plus what would the plot be?
                            TV and movies are two separate mediums, but I will agree that MGM seems focused on SG-1 movies for the time being. As for the plot? How about a fleet of Wraith ships heading straight for Earth. Atlantis finally has three ZPM's and chases them all the way back to Earth, duking it out in orbit, with the Stargate program finally being revealed to the public. The movie would end with Atlantis returning to the Pegasus Galaxy. Alternatively, it could be about the discovery of a second Lantean city in good shape with Sheppard's team attempting to get this second city back to Earth to land in Antarctica where Atlantis used to be.

I think Sg1 needs movies more than SGA.
                            I agree.

Originally posted by pillwokie View Post
                            I'll love to see a SGA movie, but not directly to dvd, but one in theathers, like the one from x-files. that'll be great
                            SG-1 is more popular tan SG:A. If SG-1 can't get a theatrical movie, then SG:A most certainly won't get one.

what they should do is make it in a way that is not necessary for the people to be a fan or follower of the series in order to understand it. That's what they did with the x-files, that way you can catch new fans.
                            A Wraith armada headed to Earth or the discovery of a second Lantean city (that's intact) would be a good stand-alone plot.

By the way, on x-files, aliens ans ships were shown before the movie.
                            Was it as obvious as seen in the movie?

Comment

well they kept putting off making the sg1 movies for years because they were filming the tv show, so i doubt they would make one while atlantis still airs, their is also the added strain of stargate universe so i doubt it man

Comment

Working...
                              X