• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight or Flight (205)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON TWO
    FIGHT OR FLIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205

Nathan and Matt go in search of Matt's dangerous father, only to be trapped inside their own nightmares. In New Orleans Monica struggles over her newfound ability, and a young woman arrives in Ireland looking for Peter.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:35 PM.

Awesome episode, IMO at least. Matt's dad definitely had me going there, I really started to think he might be more innocent than he was made out to be, but then wham! Nightmare! Nathan is getting much more likeable now. I think Peter's story is also starting to go in the right direction, and I'm liking the new Hero so far. I couldn't help thinking of Emperor Palpatine, lol.

The Monica story is doing good as well, and I like that she and Micah are like a team now. Suresh coming to her was a suprise. And I liked the few Hiro scenes too. It was good to see Niki again too.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

geez...no comments yet?

lol

Matt's dad has a crazy power. I wonder if Matt will be able to develop his power in to that.

I hope that Monica doesnt get taken by the company. she's cool! Do the right thing, Mohinder!! IT was funny she was watching Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and learning martial arts. I wonder if she'll be able to 'copy' powers too? But that seems to be a little played out with Sylar and Peter.

Speaking of Sylar, I was glad we didnt see him. But looks like he is in next weeks show.

So, I wonder who is the father chick with the lightning power? she said something like..."Ok, father..." while on the phone when she was told to come home.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
        geez...no comments yet?

lol

Matt's dad has a crazy power. I wonder if Matt will be able to develop his power in to that.

I hope that Monica doesnt get taken by the company. she's cool! Do the right thing, Mohinder!! IT was funny she was watching Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and learning martial arts. I wonder if she'll be able to 'copy' powers too? But that seems to be a little played out with Sylar and Peter.

Speaking of Sylar, I was glad we didnt see him. But looks like he is in next weeks show.

So, I wonder who is the father chick with the lightning power? she said something like..."Ok, father..." while on the phone when she was told to come home.
        Matt's father's power is indeed something else. And he almost had me a little fooled, for a while anyways. I definitely see that Matt's powers could develop further (they already did a bit by breaking Nathan and him out of their nightmares).

I really enjoyed this episode, pretty much from start to finish. I think things are really going to start picking up now. All that was missing, IMHO, was Sylar. But, looks like he'll be back next week.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post

I wonder if she'll be able to 'copy' powers too?

Matt's father said that he started off with the same basic ability and that it grew as he understood what it all meant. That is a clear indication that Matt's power will change. This also means that Peter should be able to learn how to implant false realities too.

Monica can not copy power. She is able to mimic whatever she sees. The 9th Wonder comic gave her a super hero name so it is likely that Monica and maybe Micah will work to save N.O. from the bad guys.

I'm not sure if this is the rule but they are alternating Peter and Sylar episodes. I have a feeling that the writers have purposely decided to separate them. Both share a similar back story going into this season. They will eventually meet again.

I wish I got into this show after it was canceled or in its 6th season. I'd be able to skip the commercials and watch 3-4 episodes in a row. If only.

Comment

Yay no more Peter in Ireland crap.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Yay Kristen Bell! And she's kinda evil! But then again she took out one of the Irish guys, so maybe we should be thanking her. I'm betting her father is what's his name.....Bob? From the company.

And that fight between Matt and Nathan.....wow, that was cool. I'm loving Matt's storyline this season, great stuff. His father is definitely intriguing, what a crazy power, this is seriously going to mess everyone up.

Glad to Isaac's power coming back through Peter- miss those paintings! Hopefully he'll be out of Ireland by next episode.

Glad to see no stalker boyfriend this week.

Glad to see Hiro and Kensei back, even if only for a little bit.

Didn't miss Maya and Alejandro, missed Sylar.

All in all a pretty good episode, some of these storylines are getting a bit more of a move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                Yay no more Peter in Ireland crap.
                Agreed, from the accents it sounded like they were still in Hollywood though.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Didn't miss Maya and Alejandro, missed Sylar.

All in all a pretty good episode, some of these storylines are getting a bit more of a move on.
                I think they got in a lot of progress in this weeks episode. It went really well considering all the stories they have to deal with. Hopefully the stories will condense more so the writers don't have to keep juggling them around.

Comment

Not a particularily exciting episode.

Matt's Dad made, in my opinion, a boring and rushed villain. While his power was cool, the fact that he didn't do much really didn't create much interest in him for me.

The new lightning girl was really cool, though... I hope she's not just some cop out villain; she has a lot of potential and her actor was just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Matt's father's power is indeed something else. And he almost had me a little fooled, for a while anyways. I definitely see that Matt's powers could develop further (they already did a bit by breaking Nathan and him out of their nightmares).
                    It also means that Matt should be able to help Molly if he can only figure out how it works. And it means he should be able to do more than hear thoughts, he should be able to project them as well. I actually totally fell for Matt's dad....then I got mad at him for falling for it too...hypocrite!

I didn't miss Maya y Alejandro. They need to get closer to their goal. Their journey is dragging too long...sure it's realistic pacing but no less annoying.

I missed Claire but not West, his existence irks me greatly.

The episode was great. I think it's interesting that Claire's story is the lightest this season. The show has gotten pretty dark.

As for Niki.... just let me at her so I can smack her. Sometimes Jessica has the right of it.

I want to keep Micah.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Meh. I'm getting sick of the smug young villianness trope that this show keeps trotting out. First Eden, then Candace, then whatshername here. Enough with the knowing smirk and the casual cruelty, dammit! I get enough of that in real life!
                      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I didn't fall for matt's dad act. I didn't expect him to do the nightmare thing, but fully expected him to pull something. I'm extremely suspicious now days.

Glad West had no role in this episode. For some reason I really hate that kid.

Loved Nathan line: I'm not a cargo plane

Comment

this ep annoyed me, to much flicking from character to character and not long enough on any of them to get something going.

I think they are trying to focus on to many story lines, sure it looks like they will eventually all meld into one but right now u get like 5 seconds of development for the 10+ heroes who had stories in that ep alone. Dont get me wrong i'm hooked and will keep watching ( hell i'm still watching lost) but with all these plot points it leaves no time for development, it feels like you would get almost the same show from each character standing in front of the camera and telling you each new development, instead of watching it happen on screen.

i dont want them to kill any of the mains off (not yet anyway), and i don't want them to stop bringing new INTERESTING people in i just think the writing would benefit from the characters stories getting together sooner rather then later.

on an up note, micha and the muscle mimic are great together i can't wait to see how they go out and fight crime (as long as mohinder does the right thing). and i guess matt's dad implanted a nightmare that made hiro think he was being attacked and thrown over the edge. poor hiro watching his girl get wooed by an imposter that he created.

Comment

Fight or Flight continues last week's quality.

I like the fact that the episode jumped from one storyline to another very quickly. It kept things exciting.(Ha, ha, I just read the previous post and that person hated the same thing).

I'm really loving Monica. And Michah is so much happier around her than he ever was with Niki. Monica's very good for him. Wonder how she's going to take Mohinder's "explanation" and if he'll want her to go with him.

So now we know exactly what Parkman's dad can do and DID do to Molly(And we know Matt's and Nathan's fears). I think he knew that Matt and Nathan were coming and had a plan for them . I wonder where he was off to. And is he really the big new evil for the season or some sort of decoy or minor evil.

Molly's back in the clutches of "The Company" but Mohinder really had no choice.

I didn't mind the Peter in Ireland part so much this episode. And good riddance to his "girlfriend's brother. I figured that the box's contents wouldn't help Peter remember anything.

So who is Elle's father? Bob?

Comment

interesting ep. i really enjoyed the monica parts. she's awesome i like the monica/micah team they started.

ahh nikki's being a noob and jessica got it right that ep. and monhinder looked like he was brainwashed when he met monica

matt's dad is a ******* but if matt made it back to molly, i'm sure he'd be able to fix it. but mohinder gave her away already which was another noob thing to do.

i get the feeling that bob isnt the lightning girl's dad but probably someone else in the company.

as much as i love hiro, his storyline is turning really cheesey fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X