This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scifi series need more...

Scifi series need more ground battles. Aka tanks, mechs, air raids and so on aswell as space battles. And we havnt seen a real war scifi since Space Above And Beyond. All other scifi series have mainly war in space and some ground fights with the main-characters in the serie.

I for one want to see more ground battles... big ones

Those would be expensive, really expensive.

You´d also have to have a sci-fi universe that justifies ground battles since in many of them it´s perfectly logical to say that he who commands space commands the planet given that the space controller can pound the other side at will.

But on a personal note I´ll agree with you, large ground battles would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Those would be expensive, really expensive.

You´d also have to have a sci-fi universe that justifies ground battles since in many of them it´s perfectly logical to say that he who commands space commands the planet given that the space controller can pound the other side at will.

But on a personal note I´ll agree with you, large ground battles would be great
      Yea i know it would have been expensive But it would have been great

But lets say that the space faring races dont have weapons of mass destruction... they sorta... missed out on that Then ground battles in a must.

And some other reasons that makes spacebattles just as importand as planetary assault

I know its just wishfull thinking ^^

Comment

yeah, the last big ground battle sci-fi i remember seeing was probably Starship Troopers, but wyrm is right, you need a sci-fi universe that justifies big ground battles. im sure there are plenty of Animes that have that sort of thing, but off the top of my head, i can't really think of any universes that would have big ground battles, i can think of a couple of awesoe sci-fi books that have a few ground battles, but not many.
        and they are expensive, either you need really good CGI or lots of extras, even in pre-prommie stargate there were very few big ground battles, seeing as the teams tended to use tactics and teamwork rather than brute force to win battles.
        i'd love to have seen a big system lord vs system lord war on the screen, loads of jaffa just dying as cannon fodder, massive waves of troops being mowed down by staff blasts. coooool
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Be as rich as Bill Gates and make your own network with multmillion dollar shows!

Comment

Agreed completely.

I'm sick of every war/battle being space-bound. Personally iv always prefered ground-based war, especially in epic-scale.

Its also what I am personally doing with my own sci-fi show, and also why im a huge fan of Warhammer 40,000 and its mythology. Oh yeah, and I dont have millions and I can do it, so im sure professionals WITH an actual budget CAN do it. Forget CGI though, its all about miniatures. I use 6mm scale infantry, stop-motion and minor CGI to simulate movement and firepower myself. 6mm infantry can look amazing if painted well enough and en-masse..from a distance it looks very realistic.

Just my useless two-cents
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Working...
            X