X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard weapons on Apollo/Daedalus??

Hey guys,

Do you think the Apollo and/or the Daedalus will be equiped with Asgard weapons as we saw were installed on the Odyssey in the finale of SG1? And will the Daedalus return to Atlantis?

I guess it really depends on the length of time between "Unending" and "First Strike". If there was a big enough period of time between them, then it's possible the SGC was able to recreate the technology (either backwards engineer it or use the Asgard material replication) and use it on their ships. Since the Odyssey was able to take multiple direct hits from the Orii ships with a ZPM, while Apollo was able to take direct drone fire without one, I think it's safe to say that the ships were upgraded in one way or another.

sigpic

Comment

i read somewhere can't remember where that carter doesn't only come to atlantis to be the new leader also to for upgrading the ships in lifeline she gave the apolo a upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by dannster View Post
        Hey guys,

Do you think the Apollo and/or the Daedalus will be equiped with Asgard weapons as we saw were installed on the Odyssey in the finale of SG1? And will the Daedalus return to Atlantis?
        Daedalus will definately back this season as well as caldwell. As for the asgard tech, i really reall hope not. I don't care how much people drone on about how there are asgard instructions on how to do everything, there is absolutely no way to reverse engineer something as complex as those weapons in such a short space of time. And i don't mean months, we're talking years. If they end up making any of the other current 304's have weapons like the odyssey then my respect for the show will go down some what.

On the other hand, if they create a new 304 with similar, though much much weaker versions of those weapons then i would be a bit happier. it's only good sense that they fit their new tech on their ships as soon as possible wheterh they completely have it figured out or not.

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
        i read somewhere can't remember where that carter doesn't only come to atlantis to be the new leader also to for upgrading the ships in lifeline she gave the apolo a upgrade.
        All she did was give the sensors a boost. She did it becasue they are asgard sensors and she obviously has the most experience with asgard tech. However it was not an upgrade from the odyssey tech. All she did was give them a boost, and even then she had to cannabalise several systems including communications.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No, I don't think they'll have any upgrades. I think it's likely the Pheonix will be the ship with upgrades, esp since it's got the Asgard console on the bridge.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If you go to IMDB and have a look at the cast for the upcoming episodes...
            Spoiler:
            Mitch Pileggi and the actor that plays Col. Abe Ellis will be in an upcoming episode together called All My Sins Remember'd. So i'd say that we will see both ships in the same episode. Possibly/hopefully Upgrades on the Daedalus

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
              If you go to IMDB and have a look at the cast for the upcoming episodes...
              Spoiler:
              Mitch Pileggi and the actor that plays Col. Abe Ellis will be in an upcoming episode together called All My Sins Remember'd. So i'd say that we will see both ships in the same episode. Possibly/hopefully Upgrades on the Daedalus
              Since when has IMDB ever been right?

Comment

Actually, in that upcoming episode:

Spoiler:
                It mentions something about Carter looking over new upgrades from Hermoid's FORMER station meaning that he died with the rest of the Asgard and that it's likely that both the Daedalus and the Apollo have the Odyssey's upgrades. I'm sure that they will have just used the molecular construction technology to make the upgrades, I seriously doubt that Earth would be able to make any Asgard weapons or anything like that any time soon.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I guess it really depends on the length of time between "Unending" and "First Strike". If there was a big enough period of time between them, then it's possible the SGC was able to recreate the technology (either backwards engineer it or use the Asgard material replication) and use it on their ships. Since the Odyssey was able to take multiple direct hits from the Orii ships with a ZPM, while Apollo was able to take direct drone fire without one, I think it's safe to say that the ships were upgraded in one way or another.
                  In 1st strike it obviously didn't have any upgrades other than 'Horizon'. If it had any form of weapons, then it would have launched them instead of missiles at the sat weapons platform. Even a seconds graze of the beam caused the ship seriosu damage. So it doesn't have a shield upgrade either.

Spoiler:
                  Apollo & Daedalus will get the upgrades come the mid-season 2 parter.

Daedalus is supposedly in at least 2 eps of S4 as confirmed here at Gateworld episode guide so we do get to see it again.

'Be All My Sin's Remembered' & 'The Kindred 1'

No, I don't think they'll have any upgrades. I think it's likely the Pheonix will be the ship with upgrades, esp since it's got the Asgard console on the bridge.
                  They'll definitely happen in the episode titled
                  Spoiler:
                  'Be All My Sin's Remembered'

Since when has IMDB ever been right?
                  You don't need to look at IMDB. It's listed on Gateworld.

'Be All My Sin's Remembered'

'The Kindred 1'

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Daedalus will definately back this season as well as caldwell. As for the asgard tech, i really reall hope not. I don't care how much people drone on about how there are asgard instructions on how to do everything, there is absolutely no way to reverse engineer something as complex as those weapons in such a short space of time. And i don't mean months, we're talking years. If they end up making any of the other current 304's have weapons like the odyssey then my respect for the show will go down some what.
                    Good point. We had teal'c and several of the tokra work with us on many ships, but still it took us 6 yrs to make our first ship based off gou'ald tech. And while i can see the instructions making it easier, i still feel 2-3 years is short enough to do some retrograding.

Comment

s for the asgard tech, i really reall hope not. I don't care how much people drone on about how there are asgard instructions on how to do everything, there is absolutely no way to reverse engineer something as complex as those weapons in such a short space of time. And i don't mean months, we're talking years. If they end up making any of the other current 304's have weapons like the odyssey then my respect for the show will go down some what.
                      They don't have instructions, they have a knowledge base with interactive holograms to help guide them through things. The Asgard spent a year working on it so that everything is ready for the humans to get immediate access to all their knowledge & technology.

Defention of a KB: A knowledge base is a centralized repository for information: a public library, a database of related information about a particular subject. A knowledge base is not a static collection of information, but a dynamic resource that may itself have the capacity to learn.

Definition wiki link

In other words it isn't just all their info chucked into a computer. It's been specifically designed for them to access whatever parts of the Asgard technology that they need. It also is interactive to help them with any problems that they may have.

We see them making their own 304's without the Asgard, that includes shields, hyperdrives, power generation, beaming tech etc, etc.

In 'Bounty', they built their own energy weapon. In 'The Return II', they built Anti-Replicator energy guns.

In Atlantis they have had direct access to Lantean technology for years. We even see them being able to repair them now.

Carter can understand & modify Merlins phase shifting device which was built with ascended knowledge. In 'Unending' she was even trying to recreate it from scratch.

Now your trying to say it's a stretch to get anything from the Asgard. Despite them specifically spending a year on these upgrades in which it allows the humans to get instant access to their knowledge. They are smart, they know all about Asgard & Ancient technologies. So if they have the plans to build an Asgard weapons & they can understand the equations etc that's contained in the knowledge. As well as having the materials. Then they can build it easily!

Put it this way. You give a rocket scientist the plans to build a new advanced engine. He's worked for a few years on similar technology levels, so it's not entirely new to him. He has all the materials he needs to complete it, as well as the step by step instructions. Are you trying to say it's a stretch to believe that he can't do it!

What about home DIY flat packed furniture. It comes with instructions to allow people with no previous experience to construct it themselves. The big difference here is that this Asgard information isn't being passed down to no experience newbies who are way over their heads. It's being given to the humans, who have been using Asgard technologies for over 4 years now. They've gotten so good that they can actually start to build their own ships all by themselves & replicate all these Asgard technologies without help.

A strecth to believe that they'd need years to duplicate it. Somehow I think not! They have the exact plans, they have the materials & resources at hand but most importantly, they are smart enough to understand the knowledge in the first place. Thus, no reason why they can't make Asgard technologies now. Ancient tech is another story altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy
                        Put it this way. You give a rocket scientist the plans to build a new advanced engine. He's worked for a few years on similar technology levels, so it's not entirely new to him. He has all the materials he needs to complete it, as well as the step by step instructions. Are you trying to say it's a stretch to believe that he can't do it!
                        now put it this way : you give a prehistoric caveman the plans to build a new advanced cannon (eg. a railgun). he's worked for a few years on similar technology levels (yeah spears & slingshots operate on roughly the same principle as railguns as they're both projectile-based weapons :-). he has all the materials he needs to complete it, as well as the step by step instructions. is it such a stretch to believe that he can't do it ?

Comment

exactly. it is true that energy weapons are energy weapons, but how much more advanced are asgard energy weapons from say staff cannons? for all we know, it's just like comparing a slingshot with a smart missile.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            exactly. it is true that energy weapons are energy weapons, but how much more advanced are asgard energy weapons from say staff cannons? for all we know, it's just like comparing a slingshot with a smart missile.
                            Plus just having the know how to do it, is not enough. Do we have the tools, manual dexterity/eye sight and the parts../??

Comment

I think it would take a lot longer than a couple of years. Think about it this way, when SG1 was stuck in that time dialation bubble to avoid getting hit by the Ori blast, it took Carter 50 years to come up with a solution using the Asgard tech. Now I do agree that when it comes to creating certain new technologies, utilizing Asgard tech. might not be so difficult. But, on more grand scale plans and designs, it will take humans many many years to understand how to use the tech. We are talking about 30 thousand years of technological knowledge and wisdom. I know the Tauri are smart, but not that smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X