X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate spoff ?

Please , can somebody help me !!!!
    I am taking Media studies for A level and we have to make a 3 - 5 minute film short. I really want to do a spoff about Stargate but I cannot seem to think of anything any good.
    I am sure , loads of you have cool ideas for "stargate rip -off's" - Just Please tell me

Thanks.

Trust me on this. If you can't 'think of anything good', then you are probably better of finding another subject matter that you can 'think of anything good' for.

You should always try and make something that you are passionate about. Otherwise you are never going to put any real effort into the product.

Edit: On the other hand you could visit the various fan fic sites and see if you don't happen across something interesting. Most authors would probably be happy to let you adapt their work for a short.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
      On the other hand you could visit the various fan fic sites and see if you don't happen across something interesting. Most authors would probably be happy to let you adapt their work for a short.
      Don't you think most (good) fanfics are a bit too complex for a 3-5 minute movie? I did a 5-minute TV reportage for a media course last semester and well, the five mins were over really fast.
      The first thing you need to do is narrow your topic (or find one central topic within "Stargate"), methinks.
      Last edited by trinity1013; 05 October 2004, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Scene opens: Battlefield on an alien planet. Two Serpent Guards enter the foreground (with stargate nearby), looking a little worse for wear. They're the Felger & Coombs of the Jaffa Corp and they decide they've had enough. Felger-Jaffa says that he was in the comp room the other day and saw an untried gate address. "No one will think to look for us there!" Coombs-Jaffa thinks it's crazy, but the enemy troops are closing in. Felger dials the address and WOOHOO! It works! F&C run through the gate, narrowly escaping death.

CUT TO: the other side. It's an ice cavern. In (unbeknownst to them) Antarctica. Coombs-Jaffa: This is another fine mess you've gotten us into! Felger-Jaffa: I may have made a slight miscalcuation.

CUT TO: SGC scientists uncovering two Serpent Guards frozen in the ice...

Might be a bit more than 5 minutes, but it's a quickie, anyway.

Comment

Thanks , ibwolf ,
          Can you give me some of the web addresses for some of your favourite fanfic sites (other than Gateworld).
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis67
            Thanks , ibwolf ,
            Can you give me some of the web addresses for some of your favourite fanfic sites (other than Gateworld).
            Cheers.
            http://fanfiction.net has lots of fan fictions (including my own). Just go to the Stargate SG-1 section

For SG-1 only try: http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis67
              I am taking Media studies for A level and we have to make a 3 - 5 minute film short. I really want to do a spoff about Stargate but I cannot seem to think of anything any good.
              I've got a question: Will your teacher/fellow students even understand it? I mean, it may be funny/original for us fans but for somebody who doesn't know anything about SG, it might come across really boring or stupid. They always told us to keep the audience in mind.

Comment

good point trin. tw love the name!

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                  good point trin.
                  Thank you. Those media courses are good for something, at least.

Originally posted by Neo
                  tw love the name!
                  No, really? I love yours, too (duh) wanted to call myself "Nea" once, but nobody gets the reference and "Neo" obviously doesn't work because everyone thinks you're a guy. See http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3660 if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X