Carter's Still Infallible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's Still Infallible

Anyone else find this annoying? Again, her idea saves the day...I think having Carter on the show is just turning it into "Stargate: Atlantis SG-1 Minus Chris, Michael, Claudia, Ben and RDA"
    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
    Check out my Flickr

I didn't say this before, because the Sam fans would kill me, but in the scene where Rodney realized the thing about the creature being able to travel through the power conduits, it seemed like Sam had already figured it out and was waiting for Rodney to figure it out for himself by giving him "hints"... which was kinda the PTB's less offensive way of saying "Sam figured it out a long time ago, Rodney's a bit slow, Sam's better, but we're trying to be tactful about it".

Sam knew, Rodney didn't. And she stood by and tried to let Rodney figure it out on his own from her helpful little "hints".

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      I didn't say this before, because the Sam fans would kill me, but in the scene where Rodney realized the thing about the creature being able to travel through the power conduits, it seemed like Sam had already figured it out and was waiting for Rodney to figure it out for himself by giving him "hints"... which was kinda the PTB's less offensive way of saying "Sam figured it out a long time ago, Rodney's a bit slow, Sam's better, but we're trying to be tactful about it".

Sam knew, Rodney didn't. And she stood by and tried to let Rodney figure it out on his own from her helpful little "hints".

...believe it or not, Rodney does not know everything. Despise Carter as much as you want but one fact will remain: Season 4 will continue with her and with her good ideas.

Comment

Wasn't it Sheppard's idea that saved the day? If he hadn't said anything Sam would probably not have thought of the tech from "Gatekeeper". And my take was that Rodney and Sam both figured it out at the same time. After all it was Rodney's theory that led to them figuring out how it moved. And the scene wasn't long enough to give a buch of hints, all she did was bring up his theory that sparked an explanation in both of them. At least that is my take on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          ...believe it or not, Rodney does not know everything. Despise Carter as much as you want but one fact will remain: Season 4 will continue with her and with her good ideas.
          Which is my point. With Sam there, there'll be a lot of times where she'll now be of tremendous help to figuring out the scientific solution. Because if she isn't, the Sam fans will whine.

But when she undoubtedly is, she'll be not only breaching Elizabeth's and John's turf, but also Rodney's and Radek's, which will make Rodney's and Radek's fans whine. So it's all a big whine-fest because the PTB decided to bring Sam over.

Comment

John had the idea of how to try and help Rodney and, based on his idea, Sam thought of a technology that could be used to achieve that. And it was Rodney who ultimately worked out how the entity could be defeated and put that plan into effect. So Sheppard and McKay saved the day. Sam contributed.. as did Zelenka, Keller and Heightmeyer.
            sigpic

Comment

would use have prefered ronon to think of the idea? carter has been going threw the gate and possible experienced some of this stuff awhile ago, so im sure in some episodes theres gonna be times which something might remind her of something that was similar in her experiences with SG 1 and that might help, they can also use this idea against her, she might try the same thing, and of course it might not have the same effect it might get worse, which will make her feel guilty and if something familiar happens again she might say "Well not after what happened last time" and she might want to think over it more and actually come up with a different plan.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge300491 View Post
                would use have prefered ronon to think of the idea? carter has been going threw the gate and possible experienced some of this stuff awhile ago, so im sure in some episodes theres gonna be times which something might remind her of something that was similar in her experiences with SG 1 and that might help, they can also use this idea against her, she might try the same thing, and of course it might not have the same effect it might get worse, which will make her feel guilty and if something familiar happens again she might say "Well not after what happened last time" and she might want to think over it more and actually come up with a different plan.
                INstead of Sheppard thinking of the idea? How does that affect Carter's alleged "infallibility"?

Unless you mean you'd prefer Ronon to have the idea instead of Carter.. and how could he as he knows of no technology that would permit them to do what Sheppard suggested?
                sigpic

Comment

reading through the posts, is this thread referring to to 'dopelganger'? if so, spoilers in the title would have been appreciated (since i haven't seen the ep yet).

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                    Anyone else find this annoying? Again, her idea saves the day...I think having Carter on the show is just turning it into "Stargate: Atlantis SG-1 Minus Chris, Michael, Claudia, Ben and RDA"
                    I really don't find this all that annoying becasue she doesn't seem to be taking over at all. and besides, sheppard is just as infallable.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

I didn't think this. It seemed more like that when mckay came up with the idea, sam looked and nodded at him as if she was saying, 'oh yeah. that makes sense.'

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    reading through the posts, is this thread referring to to 'dopelganger'? if so, spoilers in the title would have been appreciated (since i haven't seen the ep yet).

sally
                    this is in the doppalganger section of the forum and is therefore in a place where spoiler tags aren't required. if you do not wish to be spoiled do not venture into this part of the forum.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                      How can she still be something she never was in the first place?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        this is in the doppalganger section of the forum and is therefore in a place where spoiler tags aren't required. if you do not wish to be spoiled do not venture into this part of the forum.
                        i see that now. i always hit the 'new posts' button without looking what section it's taking me. sorry.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I havent seen this episode, but this is exactly what i was afraid of when Amanda Joined the Atlantis series as Carter. I love the way arrogant McKay allways saves the day with his brain, and now that Carter is also in Atlantis for good, I'm afraid shes going to steal that role away from Rodney. Rodney is no longer the smartest in the Atlantis expedition. We McKay fans dont like the role of problem solver to go to Sam. Dont get me wrong, its great that Sam is on Atlantis now. I just dont hope all of the above happens.

Comment

Originally posted by HellBringer18 View Post
                            I havent seen this episode, but this is exactly what i was afraid of when Amanda Joined the Atlantis series as Carter. I love the way arrogant McKay allways saves the day with his brain, and now that Carter is also in Atlantis for good, I'm afraid shes going to steal that role away from Rodney. Rodney is no longer the smartest in the Atlantis expedition. We McKay fans dont like the role of problem solver to go to Sam. Dont get me wrong, its great that Sam is on Atlantis now. I just dont hope all of the above happens.
                            Well I suggest you wait and watch the episode and then decide for yourself whether your fears are confirmed or not...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                              How can she still be something she never was in the first place?
                              well think about it. On SG-1, when did you ever see Carter make a mistake (besides her dealings with Fifth)? On SGA, all the major characters have flaws in some way or another, and Carter's never made a mistake and always saves the day. She's trained in combat, she's a genius, she's hot...I mean...Rodney's got one and a half of the three (missing hot to me and half of combat, seeing as he only "recently" learned how to shoot a P90), but he still makes mistakes (for example, the replicator base code). So maybe I'm overreacting, but that's just my feeling on it.
                              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                              Check out my Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X