Nitpicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitpicking

After watching something for sometime, I tend to notice details like this.

Today, I noticed a continuity error while watching "Exodus From Genesis". D'Argo is on command. Pilot tells him over the clamshell that he detects a number of bipedal entities moving throughout the ship. D'Argo asks, "Who knows how many more of them there are?"

Crichton appears at the door answering, "Infinite. Minus one." In his hand, he's holding the head of one of his duplicates. You see him from behind D'Argo facing Crichton holding the head with the face away from the audience. Then we cut, now behind Crichton at the head's level. Again, the face is away from the audience.

Anyone else notice errors like this while they're watching?
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Yeah. been watching it, coz i haven't watched it before, since Wednesday last week, and was watching either one of the last episodes of S4 or PK wars, can't remember, think it was PK wars, and John had promised to bring the Scarran emperor thing (SET) with him through a wormhole. Sideshot of them in the module shows SET leaning towards John. Shot from in front of John shows him leaning on the back of the inside of the module. Like this, with | representing his chair:

Sideshot : JC|-SET
    Frontshot : JC|---SET

Don't ask. All I could think of at the time was "Ha! Continuality!"

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
      Today, I noticed a continuity error

Anyone else notice errors like this while they're watching?
      Most definetly McClance. Farscape, like most, if not all scifi television shows (and movies as well) are riddled with storyline gaps and continuity errors. Sometimes there really suttle and hard to notice and sometimes they are annoyingly obvious. But IMHO when you are a die-hard fan or you love a particular show, stuff like that can be overlooked and easily forgiven.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Ah good ol' continuity errors. I find them fun.

The eps in S1 in which Moya is "split" into 3 or 4 "colors" at the end Aeryn is wearing headphones, then not, then wearing them again. She's sitting on Pilot's console and laughing. The rest of the crew are there as well.

I find looking for those after the fact is fun.

Oh and there's the famous "hand of friendship" in Mind the Baby (I think that's it...it's been a while since I've watched any eps) when Crais gets the Talyn implant. If you notice when Talyn's "cord" (for lack of a better word) comes up to attach the implant to Crais at the end, near the whole in the floor of Talyn, you can see a puppeteer's hand holding onto the "cord".
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

It's all part of being human. We make errors, and of course that extends to the movie and television industry. Time is money too. If a shot is perfect aside from one little error, sometimes they just let things go. Little continuity errors I usually try to not pay too much attention to.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, nitpicks. I both love and hate them. I think it's fun to find them, but I once I do they can be distracting. Not that they ruin the show for me or anything, but I notice that I notice.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            Oh and there's the famous "hand of friendship" in Mind the Baby (I think that's it...it's been a while since I've watched any eps) when Crais gets the Talyn implant. If you notice when Talyn's "cord" (for lack of a better word) comes up to attach the implant to Crais at the end, near the whole in the floor of Talyn, you can see a puppeteer's hand holding onto the "cord".
            I didn't notice that, but I recall there was a continuity error with his jacket, he unbuttoned it & pulled it down, then it appeared to be up & buttoned right after he got the implant.

Comment

Oh hell yeah, TPTB loved to hear about the nitpicks. I won't get into details for those who are still new to the series, but watch the Premier again. How did Aeryn get Crichton and D'Argo into her Prowler. Oh, and watch the commentaries from the dvds, these guys nitpick their own works like they are sitting in an audience with us fans. I noticed in the commentaries that everything we nitpick and notice, they point out in the commentaries. It is awesome, they are Scapers. They didn't just make the show for the paycheck, the enjoyed the show as much as we did, and do.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                Oh hell yeah, TPTB loved to hear about the nitpicks. I won't get into details for those who are still new to the series, but watch the Premier again. How did Aeryn get Crichton and D'Argo into her Prowler. Oh, and watch the commentaries from the dvds, these guys nitpick their own works like they are sitting in an audience with us fans. I noticed in the commentaries that everything we nitpick and notice, they point out in the commentaries. It is awesome, they are Scapers. They didn't just make the show for the paycheck, the enjoyed the show as much as we did, and do.
                Word. I love the commentary for "I E.T." because Claudia and Anth nitpick, give items in it rather fun and interesting names. It's all kinds of fun and will make you laugh your eema off.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                  And IMO, that is one of the reasons Farscape was as great a show as it was. Everyone involved in it cared deeply about the process.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    And IMO, that is one of the reasons Farscape was as great a show as it was. Everyone involved in it cared deeply about the process.
                    What makes it so awesome for me is that even though most of the actors have moved on with other jobs and life, they still LOVE the fans.
                    sigpic

Comment

Found another one: watching The Premiere earlier, and I noticed this:

Zhaan: Pilot - how's it coming?
                      Pilot: Fuel tanks are nearly full. Should be another minute or two.

But, in all other episodes, no one but Crichton ever says "minute". They all say "60 microts", and even Crichton does eventually. It's probably because Farscape had only just started, first episode and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post

But, in all other episodes, no one but Crichton ever says "minute". They all say "60 microts", and even Crichton does eventually. It's probably because Farscape had only just started, first episode and all that.
                        I don't think they ever mentioned Moya needing fuel again either.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post

They also say "hours" in "Exodus From Genesis". I'm trying to remember whether or not they used the term in "PK Tech Girl" as well. They might have started using "arns" by then.
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

I've always found it curious that in Liars, Guns & Money, Aeryn states that she will stop Crichton from going to Scorpious, even if she has to "put a bullet in his brain". Pulse pistols don't have bullets. So was just curious if ya'll thought she was picking on Crichton's sayings or if you think this was another goof?

For the record, I've always enjoyed trying to find "goofs" in movies, etc., and I still enjoy the shows. It's sort of a challenge. But they're really hard to find in Farscape, guess it's because I get so caught up in the storyline I forget to pay that much attention

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                              I've always found it curious that in Liars, Guns & Money, Aeryn states that she will stop Crichton from going to Scorpious, even if she has to "put a bullet in his brain". Pulse pistols don't have bullets. So was just curious if ya'll thought she was picking on Crichton's sayings or if you think this was another goof?
                              One of my sisters made that same comment on Babylon 5

Actually, the full definition of "bullet" is "a small missile tobe fired from a firearm; shot.
                              sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Working...
                              X