The Wraith's Prisoner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith's Prisoner

How did the Wraith manage to capture the imprisoned Replicator? We know their energy stun weapons are ineffective against them as evidenced later in the episode and it appears the Asurans can't be overpowered physically either.
    Last edited by FoxyEX; 30 January 2008, 07:22 AM.
    sigpic

Maybe they caught him with a dart.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
      That is possible, though i wonder more on what that 'field was' that kept him prisoner..

Comment

Originally posted by FoxyEX View Post
        ... did the Wraith manage to capture the imprisoned Replicator? We know their energy stun weapons are ineffective against them as evidenced later in the episode and it appears the Asurans can't be overpowered physically either.
        The Wraith have surely developed some technology capable to capture
        Asurans and study them in order to find effective ways to fight.

The stun weapons are specifically built for dealing with humans: it makes
        perfect sense to stun the food without damaging it.
        I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wraith inventing new weapons: they
        are a technologically evolved species.

The question is valid though: why weren't the Wraith prepared to deal
        with the Asuran in case he escaped the force field?

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post

THey probably knew that it couldn't get out unless
          1. Humans attacking the base cut main power
          2. Humans attacking the base shut the field down

Neither of these would've even come to mind. If it weren't for us, the Asuran probably never would've escaped.

Comment

its possible the field creates some sort of em field that stops the replicator from being active
            sigpic

Comment

I thought a dart would only pick up people or inother words organtic tissue.

That is The reason why the darts don't pick up buildings and other non-living things.

So how would they be able to pick up a Asuran since it is a machine?

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                its possible the field creates some sort of em field that stops the replicator from being active
                It was active. It turned to look at McKay. As the Wraith said, they fought the Asurans thousands of years ago. I'm sure they've got gear for dealing with them.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post

How should they have been prepared? There is only one weapon in the universe which we know will do anything to them and that came about only thanks to Jack and his Ancient knowledge. The Asgard fought them for years and came up with nothing that could stop or slow them down (then Humans came around).

It probably was a lot of work in and of itself just for them to capture him - We know normal prisons can't hold them since they can just walk through them and we know no weapon would do anything to them besides the anti-replicator gun. So I don't see how they would've been able to stop him once he got out of the field.

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post

That is The reason why the darts don't pick up buildings and other non-living things.

And yet it has no problem with clothes or weapons - It probably works like other forms of beaming technology in which it can be set to demateralize something and then takes everything attached to them. So the reason it normally doesn't pick up branches on the ground is because it's set for life signs. However, it's logical to think that they could easily adjust it so it demateralizes something else. Although, if that were not the case (which I seriously doubt) it should just be a matter of having a Wraith touching an Asuran when the beam passes over them for it to work.
                  Last edited by Xaeden; 14 October 2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post

Well, the beam is clearly capable of taking non-organic materials (otherwise people would be beamed out of their clothes) so I'm sure they could modify it to pick up machines.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Now, if you guys had a sharp eye like I do, you would have noticed a very important memo sitting on the control console by that force field. The note said:

***MEMO***
                      Please install battery backup system on Replicator Containment Field device ASAP!
                      We do *NOT* need to have a Replicator running around in the unlikely event of a power failure.

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-Boss Wraith

Comment

more interesting was how the forcefield was able to contain the replicator

we know that replicators can go through at least some types of forcefields (must be their 'adaptation' thingie since they can adapt & become resistant to various techs) which means the forcefield used to confine that replicator must have been quite advanced

Comment

How should they have been prepared? There is only one weapon in the universe which we know will do anything to them and that came about only thanks to Jack and his Ancient knowledge. The Asgard fought them for years and came up with nothing that could stop or slow them down (then Humans came around).

It probably was a lot of work in and of itself just for them to capture him - We know normal prisons can't hold them since they can just walk through them and we know no weapon would do anything to them besides the anti-replicator gun. So I don't see how they would've been able to stop him once he got out of the field.
                          With a secondary safety field that uses a backup power source - just in case that the
                          main field gets deactivated for some reason.
                          Or, with a portable beam generator (adapted from a dart).

Come on ... if you have a lab where you are studying a dangerous enemy it's
                          illogical not to have any backup strategy for re-capturingt it.

In fact, the beaming technology could be already used effectively by the Wraith :
                          once a dart captures an Asuran with the beam it would be surely possible to just
                          erase the energy buffer and never re-materialize the replicator ... quick and dirty.
                          Or, re-materialize the Asuran next to a blackhole or star .

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon
                            In fact, the beaming technology could be already used effectively by the Wraith :
                            but replicators can adapt to many things, including teleporters (sg1 s8 New Order - a humanoid replicator has made itself resistant to asgard teleportation)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                              but replicators can adapt to many things, including teleporters (sg1 s8 New Order - a humanoid replicator has made itself resistant to asgard teleportation)
                              As a true Wraith worshipper, I think that the Wraith would be capabale to find ways to
                              erradicate the Asurans if given the chance by the show writers. But probably
                              they'll give all the credit to the SGA when the right moment comes.

I'd really like to see an episode with the Wraith-Asurans war , from the Wraith
                              perspective . I mean : to see the Wraith on a hive ship preparing for attack , and
                              then watch a battle without the involvement of the Atlantis team at all .
                              I'm probably dreaming - it must be too expensive to do such episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X